Mondo Godzilla Collectibles

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: Mondo Godzilla Collectibles

Post by Executive Hamster »

First review

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:58 am Its so shocking to see this compared to when Mondo first started and their stuff was bought up immediately.
I mean the market is doing what it is supposed to do. I sold my 89 the day I got it and got all my money back lol.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Its really crazy that I finally have this beauty of a figure in hand. She's way bigger than I expected, and Im super glad I chose this colorscheme, even if I think orange would suit the green more than red (feels a little christmas-y). Still feeling a little salty that this wasn't delivered two days ago but oh well

Its funny how, even if you know the measurements of a figure ahead of time, its still shocking to see the size in hand. Makes me even more excited for my Marusan 450 Biollante, if that think finally decides to show up one day. Still havent even got tracking, but I digress.

I have to admit, as much as I love this guy I wish we got the one teased at designer con instead. I much prefer those colors
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Mondo wrote:TOMORROW @ 12PM CT: Jet Jaguar Golden Anniversary Variant. Celebrate the 50th anniversary of GODZILLA VS. MEGALON in style. This incredible soft vinyl colorway is limited to just 200 units and has 4 points of articulation, for $75!
Worth noting that this figure is less expensive than the previous two vinyls, which might have to do with the fact that the previous two vinyls have not sold out yet.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just got my Biollante in the mail and... Jesus. I knew she'd be big. I knew she'd scale well with my Deforeal '89 (only reason I got him)... But man. I just did not expect this.

This bitch is gigantic.

No complaints. Was hugely surprised to find the tendrils and jaws can rotate. An absolute unit of a figure and a great, GREAT start to 2023 merch.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I decided to go ahead and get the Midnight Bloom Biollante on the aftermarket. Still regret missing out on it. Thankfully I got a price that isn't too ridiculous.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:41 pm I decided to go ahead and get the Midnight Bloom Biollante on the aftermarket. Still regret missing out on it. Thankfully I got a price that isn't too ridiculous.
I did too. I was pissed about missing out on it, the Midnight Bloom Biollante color was so amazing. I've been waiting for them to start shipping, hoping that someone would sell theirs. Happily, I was able to get one. Now, I want one the Mondo Rodans with the Little Mothra larvae on the shoulder, I saw it on a youtube video of a person visiting the Mondo exhibition at a show.
Last edited by Mkyuncle on Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Got my two DesignerCon Goji vinyls and the First Aid Jet Jaguar. Apparently, my Biollante was put in a different shipment. Very impressed with the figures, looking at the Atomic variant of the 84 makes soft-vinyl collecting all click in my head and understand why people do it. Though, I got dinged with a heavy customs fee, so I doubt I will dip in again.

Completely unrelated, I thought the Godzilla vinyls were a good size but I realized they aren't even the 8" in height that the Toho Ultimates from Super7 will be. I'm really gonna need to find some shelf space!
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Coming Tuesday Feb 7th

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Holding out for the poster/trendmasters based one. Sculpt looks great. LOVE that grin.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Spacegodzilla debuts at 12pm CT today (Feb 7) for $150 USD

We know of the OG, the Trendmasters, and another clear/glittery version coming. I don't think I'll go for the screen-accurate version today, but the translucent glittery vinyls look so nice in person.
Last edited by Fermix on Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Yeah passing on this one but if the other color variants catch my attention I will have to rethink about it.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

I've never purchased a Mondo figure before so idk what it was like but I heard shipping for the new SpaceGodzilla was down bad, so beware of that for future releases

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:09 pm I've never purchased a Mondo figure before so idk what it was like but I heard shipping for the new SpaceGodzilla was down bad, so beware of that for future releases
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by shipping is down bad? Like the packaging of the product?
Last edited by DoubleDam21 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

DoubleDam21 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:35 am
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:09 pm I've never purchased a Mondo figure before so idk what it was like but I heard shipping for the new SpaceGodzilla was down bad, so beware of that for future releases
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by shipping is down bad? Like the packaging of the product?
It was really expensive, I was seeing people say $25 give or take

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Fermix wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:56 am
That’s cheap…looking at x-plus
Last edited by MoK 13 on Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Oh I see. Well my Biollantes were like $20 to ship and given the size and packaging I don't think it's really that much considering shipping anything nowadays is expensive anymore.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mine
Resized Image

Basic shipping was 25. Not to bad, box is probably big AF if Bio is anything to go by. However, it was the UPS 3 Day and Next Day which was like 44+/68+ respectively. Yeah nah, I can't do that upfront right now. If this was like 3 months down the road, I could next day that boi to me and not care lol

I'm glad I got mine as soon as it went live. Apparently it Sold Out in 45 minutes - big RIP
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Spacegodzilla sold out already? I swear I thought preorders didn't open till the 11th

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:02 pm Spacegodzilla sold out already? I swear I thought preorders didn't open till the 11th
With Godzilla Mondo stuff if you don’t get it on that day and a couple hours if not minutes when it goes live you are SOL because the quantities are very limited.