Monster Discussion Gigan Rex Goji

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Monster Discussion Gigan Rex Goji

Post by imposterzilla »

So what is the consensus for this iteration's name? Also discuss what you like and dislike about this version. I do believe that it is a grown Junior that's craggy appearance is from his resurrection by G's overloaded power and microoxygen.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Re: Monster Discussion Gigan Rex Goji

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Honestly I was happy to see a traditional Godzilla again not that I hated the other versions. I nice blend of Shin and Heisei and better yet wasn't stiff at all which I'm hoping carries over into the upcoming Toho film. Hoping we can we more from this version and the people involved.

charles alves
Young Farmer

Post by charles alves »

More great versions of Godzilla I'm still looking forward to.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla's design is... Ok. I love the spines, but the blend of Shin and Heisei just looks a bit... weird. The fact he also has a pinky finger is just off putting to me for some reason. I like the design as a Godzilla more so than Ultima and the anime trilogy.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

He's a pretty neat Godzilla, for the context of the short I think he works. For a project of this scale I kinda expected a Godzilla that is pretty normal-ish all things considered. Now, that white atomic breath is sick as hell, I dig it.

As for him being some kind of alternate Godzilla Jr, I'm cool with it. Jr never really did anything for me in the Heisei series, but I'm not opposed to seeing some version of past Godzillas return for specials. It could actually be a neat way of having fun with the franchise and giving people something they remember. Like, I think it's wild we got to see the "Jr" and "Final Wars" Godzillas return on the same day.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos