GTTT R1: EarthNeronga vs. Coobzilla03

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!

Which team will come out victorious in a 2v2 brawl?

EarthNeronga
20%
Coobzilla03
80%

Total votes: 5

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R1: EarthNeronga vs. Coobzilla03

Post by Greyshot151 »

EarthNeronga
The Ymir
Minilla (Showa)

Coobzilla03
Baragon (Showa)
Mothra (Larva) X 2

Tag-Team Modifiers: None. Both players failed to find a suitable match.

Location Modifier: Monsters can achieve critical mass

Rules: Heisei Scaling
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: GTTT R1: EarthNeronga vs. Coobzilla03

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I think I can eke out a victory here.

Minya is fairly non-existent. He will get webbed up by the Larva in short order or get mauled by Baragon. He'll be lucky to get a smoke ring off, and all that's good for is a slight "what the hell was that?" from Baragon. I doubt the larvae would even react.

The Ymir is a fairly strong foe at this stage, but I think that Baragon can hold him off long enough for the twins to apply some web-action.

Where I really hold the advantage is the stage. Plenty of cover for my caterpillars to hide under, between and around and spit webs while Baragon holds off Ymir.
Resized Image

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

In-depth elaboration here.

Baragon will be the aggressor in his fight with Ymir, no doubt. In his fight with the elephant, Ymir spent most of his time on the defensive. That’s a bad strategy here, because it’ll allow the highly aggressive Baragon to pounce all over him. Frankenstein is more limber which allowed him to dodge that leap but I don’t think the Ymir can do it as reliably.
Ymir was able to eventually defeat the elephant because he was able to get around to its neck, but Baragon is too quick and active as a fighter to allow that to happen; he's also too low to the ground if I’m correct of the scaling here.
I’m not saying that Baragon would outright slaughter Ymir. In fact, I think that Ymir has all the right tools to win eventually. He’s very resistant to damage and has long arms which is a key component to handling Baragon. His passivity and lack of killing power, however, will lead to the Mothra twins coming to the aid of their pet dog Baragon as soon as they’re wrapped up, pun intended, with Minya. That should take about a quarter of the time it took for them to web Godzilla, because

A) Minya is half his size and B) poses no threat; the larvae will be unopposed

Let’s say that the opposite matchups happen. I deem it less likely to happen because the worms are more lowkey and again, Minya isn’t a big threat like The Ymir is, so Baragon would probably gloss over him. But let’s suppose the fight happens the other way.
Minya is dead, no doubt. It’s just like a pitbull patrolling the neighborhood if you catch my drift. In the circa 30 second meantime, will the Ymir even have registered the larvae as a threat quite yet? I’m not so certain considering his elephant fight. The caterpillars will be content to sit and web.
Even if he does, the caterpillars have plenty of cover around to utilize. They’ll be able to navigate the crystals well enough to escape if need be. Then, uh oh, here comes Baragon. Likely leaping on Ymir’s back in a sneak attack because he’s too focused on the moths. Then the pair regroup and begin The Silkening.

In closing, Minya's way too much of a deadweight, and Ymir will be outnumbered and rendered immobile.
Resized Image

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

I think Ill be able to win this

Since while Minya isnt the strongest kaiju at all he is very agile and could come up with a way to defeat Baragon. While Ymir Deals with the Larvas, And I feel like he could be a pain for them since he is very agile and cunning as well as a aggresive in his fight with the elephant. If he does what he did against the elephent to one of those Larvas then he could be able to kill it. Minya could put up a decent fight against Baragon but in close fighting; He would get stomped.

But Minya has a way to defeat Baragon and that is with his atomic rings. While there not the strongest one was able to kill king ghidorahs middle head, If Minya is able to put a ring around Baragons neck he could choke him to death and Minya could then go assist Ymir and help kill the larvas

Would it Be Tough yes but I see Myself Winning this

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Minilla is a non-factor here, all he does is whine and have tantrums, meanwhile, the Ymir might be tough, but against two Larva and Baragon the mighty puppy kaiju, he's in for a bad day.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.