Should the Chouseishin series return?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Should the Chouseishin series return?

Post by LegendZilla »

Happy New Year everyone, here's my first post of 2023. A while back I set up a thread whether or not Toho should bring back Zone Fighter. The general consensus is that due to being discount Ultraman with Godzilla tossed in, the series should just be left in the dustbin of history. It's a cynical way of looking at it, but I can understand why. Anyways on to the point.

Instead of bringing back a now 50-year old series that's dwindled into obscurity, I'm thinking of a more logical alternative. Do any of you think Toho should revive the Chouseishin series? If so, what directions could be taken and what different motifs should they cover? On a side note, since this year's the 20th anniversary of Gransazers, a thread like this seems fitting.

Feel free to post share your ideas. Peace out.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Should the Chouseishin series return?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'd welcome anything with more kaiju from Toho, be it a Zone Fighter revival or the Sazer stuff. My ideal scenario would be a Netflix/HBO Max series that uses classic kaiju and suitmation, and done by the guys over at TPC, whom are keeping the spirit of the old ways alive while still utilizing and experimenting with CGI and crazy camera angles to produce scenes we never thought of, or simply thought were impossible.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

This is a huge reach, but one of my biggest wishes for Godzilla returning to traditional tokusatsu would be through a series like the Chouseishin series on TV, set in the Godzilla world. The Chouseishin Series showed Kawakita's stronger side because it catered specifically to stuff he really liked.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:44 am Happy New Year everyone, here's my first post of 2023. A while back I set up a thread whether or not Toho should bring back Zone Fighter. The general consensus is that due to being discount Ultraman with Godzilla tossed in, the series should just be left in the dustbin of history. It's a cynical way of looking at it, but I can understand why. Anyways on to the point.

Instead of bringing back a now 50-year old series that's dwindled into obscurity, I'm thinking of a more logical alternative. Do any of you think Toho should revive the Chouseishin series? If so, what directions could be taken and what different motifs should they cover? On a side note, since this year's the 20th anniversary of Gransazers, a thread like this seems fitting.

Feel free to post share your ideas. Peace out.

Zone Fighter would be a cool web series.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^A good spinoff to Singular Point.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Not gonna lie, Ive actually never heard of this series before. I love that. I love finding out about Tokusatsu deep cuts like this.