Most hated characters in fiction?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Re: Most hated characters in fiction?

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:49 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 pm Oh Another Great Mary Sue Character is Rey from Star wars

not only is she not flawed but shes a mary sue who doesnt learn anything,has barely if any personality and doesnt deserve to be the strongest since she didnt earn it

same with Caulifla and kale from DBS and all the U6 sayians

they shouldve never became as strong as they did. Infact they shouldve never stood a chance against the likes of the ginyu force. Not much be stronger then Vegito,Gogeta,Omega shenron,Cell,Buu,Janemba or even Broly (all Z)
Yeah I agree with LSD here, trolling people to get a reaction or being sexist is wrong, especially being sexist, and while I may not be a perfect angel, I at least know to not be sexist.
I really dont get how I'm being a troll I just don't like these characters due to being perfect and getting Undeserved power. I didn't mention anything about Gender in this post at all. If Rey was male then I still wouldve said he got undeserved power.

Im just expressing my opinion on characters I like with reasons. I hate to cause conflict and I just wanna express what my opinion Is
Last edited by EarthNeronga on Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lecontinentperdu
Monsterland Worker

Post by Lecontinentperdu »

Useless characters from useless IPs crate useless debates 😚 Now, I am a troll !

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Lecontinentperdu wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:12 pm Useless characters from useless IPs crate useless debates 😚 Now, I am a troll !
OMG i think I realise now

all this thread is doing is trying to start heated debates and arguments since that is what usually happens.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Unless it is a character that literally has a zero approval rating. If I said I hated Sugou Nobuyuki (Main antagonist of the Fairy Dance Arc of SAO) and he's one of the worst villains ever, I don't see anyone going to bat for this guy. Not even SAO fans!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:10 pm
Lecontinentperdu wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:12 pm Useless characters from useless IPs crate useless debates 😚 Now, I am a troll !

all this thread is doing is trying to start heated debates and arguments since that is what usually happens.
This thread has existed before your argument...
For Emperor and Empire!

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Voyager wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:48 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:10 pm

This thread has existed before your argument...
Oh sorry i was referring to multiple arguments before hand. And Not just that unpopular opinions really cause arguments Even if there not bad there still conflicts and discussions

I didn't meant to be offensive in mine I really don't see how its sexist or Trolling TBH thou

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:13 pm Oh Another Great Mary Sue Character is Rey from Star wars

not only is she not flawed but shes a mary sue who doesnt learn anything,has barely if any personality and doesnt deserve to be the strongest since she didnt earn it

they shouldve never became as strong as they did. Infact they shouldve never stood a chance against the likes of the ginyu force. Not much be stronger then Vegito,Gogeta,Omega shenron,Cell,Buu,Janemba or even Broly (all Z)
"Has barely any personality."

Barely any personality, my ass. :roll:

Daisy Ridley was brilliant as Rey, and a delight to watch. It was just bad writing that screwed over a great character.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:16 pm

"Has barely any personality."

Barely any personality, my ass. :roll:

Daisy Ridley was brilliant as Rey, and a delight to watch. It was just bad writing that screwed over a great character.

No offense to any of the actors Daisy Ridley is a great actor and maybe if someone better wrote it she couldve been a great character. But the writing ruined the character for me TBH. She does everything perfectly and beats everyone without that much difficulty and she doesn't even train that much and is already considered the strongest Jedi. Rey being a bad character isnt her fault. its the writers fault that make her that way cause they made her into a mary sue cause they didnt want her to be seen as imperfect. However it is your complete opinion and I will respect it

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Anyways Since I dont wanna get Into more arguments here are some characters That I dont think anyone would really say I hate and I think Ima be done with this thread after this.

SwaySway & Buhdeuce

Okay who the hell came up with those Names I feel disgusted by saying those names. Their bland as hell and are just extremely annoying and obnoxious and aren't even funny as all they tell is Butt Jokes which I don't find funny anymore. And they don't even look like ducks. They look like humans with duck lips and are just awfully designed. There my Most hated characters by a landslide and I regret watching the show

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I never got what made Rey more of a mary sue than any other Star Wars protagonist. She barley wins a Lightsaber fight against a guy with a hole in his gut after getting shot by Chewbacca (And beating Finn). A guy who also was toying with her and more trying to convert her to the dark side than try to kill her. Anakin as a 10-year-old managed to take down a droid fleet single handedly. She is also said to be a star pilot but nearly crashes the first ship she flies in a rocky escape attempt, didn't get the idea they didn't want her to come out without blemish.
Last edited by godjacob on Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

godjacob wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:42 pm I never got what made Rey more of a mary sue than any other Star Wars protagonist. She barley wins a Lightsaber fight against a guy with a hole in his gut after getting shot by Chewbacca (And beating Finn). A guy who also was toying with her and more trying to convert her to the dark side than try to kill her. Anakin as a 10-year-old managed to take down a droid fleet single handedly. She is also said to be a star pilot but nearly crashes the first ship she flies in a rocky escape attempt, didn't get the idea they didn't want her to come out without blemish.
I think if you watched Just a robots videos on Rey you could probably understand why people think shes a mary sue

I respect your opinion though since your pretty chill and I wont argue against you

Also ima go leave this thread now since I dont wanna get into anymore debates

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Fair enough.

Far as an answer for this thread on my side of things, I really despise Zen Buu from Dragon Ball Multiverse. He has become the poster child of author pet character and his antics actually drove me of DBM.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

godjacob wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:42 pm I never got what made Rey more of a mary sue than any other Star Wars protagonist. She barley wins a Lightsaber fight against a guy with a hole in his gut after getting shot by Chewbacca (And beating Finn). A guy who also was toying with her and more trying to convert her to the dark side than try to kill her. Anakin as a 10-year-old managed to take down a droid fleet single handedly. She is also said to be a star pilot but nearly crashes the first ship she flies in a rocky escape attempt, didn't get the idea they didn't want her to come out without blemish.
Modern filmmakers are just too scared to come across as sexist by giving female characters any kind of flaw.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

^That's not really true. I won't contest the notion that mainstream blockbusters tend towards exceptionally shallow characterizations (although this isn't exclusive to female characters), but there are so many more movies out there than those costing hundreds of millions to produce. You don't even have to go to small arthouse pictures, or obscure foreign cinema, just look beyond the franchise filler and you can find some good stuff.
He Jock it Made of Steel

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:18 pm
Modern filmmakers are just too scared to come across as sexist by giving female characters any kind of flaw.
Huh?

Rey gets captured during the film when PTSD kicks in and she abandons her friends in a moment of peril. Exactly what about that screams "flawless". Also Scarlet Witch became the biggest villain of the MCU due to her emotional instability and Claire was portrayed as a moron in Jurassic World whose short sighted desire for profits put the chain of catastrophe in motion.

And these are examples of big blockbuster franchises that generally have more shallow characterization regardless of sex.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Shoot we need look no further than the monster verse and we have a mother turned eco terrorist wanting to cause a human extinction event.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

The lead brat from 'Turning Red' (a.k.a. one of Pixar's worst films ever), her annoying friends, and her bitch mother.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I heard that, for a while, Godzooky was the most hated cartoon character of all time until Scrappy-Doo came along one year after him.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Comparatively Godzooky is far more inoffensive than Sceappy. The Hanna-Barbera series never tried to turn Godzooky into the main character of Godzilla like they did with Scrappy in Scooby Doo.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Besides, Godzooky was just Hanna-Barbera's Minilla. His existence was at least justified, because Son of Godzilla was a thing long before that show came out.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image