What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Post by Anguirus »

I ordered the Guide Book for Singular Point!

Are the programs/pamphlets for the Godzilla Earth movies worth buying?
shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:07 pm What is a good reference book for Desugoji? Is the GvD Super Complete Works any good?
I have that book! There's a ton of information about everything!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Anguirus wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 pm I ordered the Guide Book for Singular Point!

Are the programs/pamphlets for the Godzilla Earth movies worth buying?
shadowgigan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:07 pm What is a good reference book for Desugoji? Is the GvD Super Complete Works any good?
I have that book! There's a ton of information about everything!
I love all the poster, pamphlets, and programs, so I would say yes. And thank you! I think I am going to get it!

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Anguirus wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:31 pm I ordered the Guide Book for Singular Point!
Where did you order it from? What does the cover look like?
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

G-Matt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:29 am
Where did you order it from? What does the cover look like?
eBay, same cover as the one here:
https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_SP/status/ ... 2022429703

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Put in an order on an independent bookstore's website for (hopefully) these two Basil Gogos books, both of which are very hard to find for cheap. I say hopefully because I have no idea if they'll actually be in stock or not so fingers crossed.

Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally found an original full size (B2) Gamera 2 poster on Ebay for relatively cheap. My big 4 kaiju films are now covered.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ordered the Special Effects books for Shin Godzilla, Godzilla 1984, Godzilla Ultima, Jet Jaguar SP, and the Super X from the Godzilla Store.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Got some cool Showa-Era kids magazines, the kinds you find whacky and bizarre things in.

Mostly they're just focused on Godzilla, but there's some cool illustrations.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I especially like this retro one of Godzilla vs. Gigan and King Ghidorah:
Spoiler:
I like this map that has the curious choices of King Kong, Varan, and Manda alongside more traditional popular monsters:
Spoiler:

These are definitely huge editions to my Godzilla book collection.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:47 am I like this map that has the curious choices of King Kong, Varan, and Manda alongside more traditional popular monsters:
At first I thought the monsters were placed at the points on the map where they'd appeared in the films, but the illustrations don't really line up with the text. For example, Kong is pictured next to Matsushima, but it's Godzilla who lands there in KKvG (Kong appears at Chiba); Varan is pictured nearest Hokkaido with the lone annotation there being for "Kamikojima" (the island at which Godzilla is buried under ice in GRA), and Varan never approaches Hokkaido in either film appearance.

Still a very cool illustration though. I've always been a geography nerd as well as a Godzilla nerd, so I like when Japanese works allow those two to intersect like this. :P I especially like how this map visualizes all the ground (err... water) Godzilla covers in GRA: from an island off the coast of Shikoku to an island off the coast of the northeastern point of Hokkaido. I believe both of those islands were invented for the film, so their locations here may not be precisely as intended, but it still gives you an idea of the distance over which Tsukioka and Kobayashi encounter Godzilla.

The only location there I don't recognize from any of these movies is "Lake Ryuujin" (竜神湖). I found some Japanese fan sites that suggest that's the name of the lake where Godzilla is captured by the Xiliens, but that's "Lake Myoujin" (明神湖) in Monster Zero.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Those are very cool! And yikes, Godzilla ripped apart Ghidrah’s wing!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Got a new Jet Jaguar Pin from Tom Whalen aka StrongStuff, does a lot of content with Mondo. I'm a huge fan of his, I think he's got some of the best kaiju collectables recently available, and I own a couple of his posters, and a jj shirt (both I've shown off before). Yet unfortunately I don't think this pin is as great, which is a shame because the digital file its made from looks great,

Digital File
Resized Image
From some angles it can look like this, which looks pretty good
Resized Image
Yet from most angles it looks like this
Resized Image

which looks more like a harlequin type design that I don't think is too flattering. Perhaps I'm being too nitpicky, but I wish the color contrast was a little subtler and I think the shadow perspective would have turned out better, it works when a really bright light is shined on it, but then its so reflective its hard to see anything at all. Under all other circumstances things like the dark purple, and heterochromia really stand out. I'm glad I got it, but probably wont be getting one of these pins again.

Edited to take up much less space
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Dude, that's beautiful, don't know what you're talking about. The photos make it look like Jet Jaguar is in front of the Toho logo with those bands of colors.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

For Christmas I got:

- Godzilla: King of the Monsters - novelization
- Godzilla: Dominion
- The Art of Godzilla vs. Kong

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

For chrismisz, I got the art books for G14 and GvK, as well as the ultimate illustrated guide to Godzilla. My birthday was a week ago and from that I got the Yuji Kaida Godzilla art book.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Not comics, books, or posters, but I had to post this: Image
https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... ai-sunstar

Mothra tissue dispenser. I love when they come out with ridiculous collectibles. I recall a Shin Godzilla Form 2 floor sweeper a few years back.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Two grails of mine arrived today from eBay, great prices for the pair. Not the most up-to-date of books but still iconic pieces I had to have in my library.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:38 pm Two grails of mine arrived today from eBay, great prices for the pair. Not the most up-to-date of books but still iconic pieces I had to have in my library.

My God, I've had these books since I was a kid. I'm genuinely surprised how your copies seem to be in mint/near-mint condition. Mine have suffered significantly over the years.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You