Godzilla: The Animated Series

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

What are your thoughts?

LOVE IT
36%
Like it
42%
Neutral
11%
Dislike it
5%
ARRRGHH SKREEENK GINO
6%

Total votes: 194

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: The Animated Series

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Omegamorph wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:24 am This thing never came out where I live and I'll forever loathe my country for this - I would've DEVOURED this stuff as a kid. I was addicted to Alienators and Martin Mystere...
I wouldn't feel so bad. I was a kid in the early 2000s and it really wasn't easily accessible. While they had some DVDs, they often included 3 episodes at most, and weren't so easy to find. Only within the last ten years has it been easy to watch this, with that "complete series" DVD that came out a while back.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Now the three Lizard Slayers are finally listed. And with that...stick a fork in it, it's done!

John32j
Young Farmer

Post by John32j »

This series still is one of my favorite. It's a good science fiction for children and adults.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:16 pm I wouldn't feel so bad. I was a kid in the early 2000s and it really wasn't easily accessible. While they had some DVDs, they often included 3 episodes at most, and weren't so easy to find. Only within the last ten years has it been easy to watch this, with that "complete series" DVD that came out a while back.
Well I grew up with G98 and TOMG so yeah I do loathe that :P

We had specific channels that would air certain american cartoons. I watched stuff like Invader Zim, xduckx, fairly odd and so forth. GTS would've been the icing on the skreonkskreonk cake!
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I guess I'm lucky that they aired on Saturday mornings and was able to see them, though two of the episodes didn't air on television. It's nice to have that complete set.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

A 3D animated fan created version of the intro to GODZILLA:The Animated Series.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Not bad. I'm glad to see Anguirus in there.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The One and Only wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:01 am A 3D animated fan created version of the intro to GODZILLA:The Animated Series.
Damn that was quite well done.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The One and Only wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:01 am A 3D animated fan created version of the intro to GODZILLA:The Animated Series.
Holy shit this is incredible!

The One and Only
Futurian

One fan's idea for what a crossover between Kong from his early 2K animated series, and the animated Godzilla program would be like.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Cool! i love how the four unused mutations got their time to shine at last!

Added in 38 minutes 16 seconds:
The One and Only wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:36 am One fan's idea for what a crossover between Kong from his early 2K animated series, and the animated Godzilla program would be like.
Another great story! Wish it could've been.

The One and Only
Futurian

Another fine animated short featuring Zilla , and King Kong fighting out with Cyber-Zilla, and the Chameleon.