Conflagration (1975) English Export Dub

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Mr. zilla Boi
Young Farmer

Conflagration (1975) English Export Dub

Post by Mr. zilla Boi »

I've been trying to track down the International dub for sometime. It was only released on vhs in Sweeden from Mariann Video, under the name Storlarm i Tokyo Bay. Unfortunitly I haven't found a listing for it online yet, but I've managed to find it registered on the Sweetish Media Database.
If anyone knows the whereabouts of this dub would be appreciated.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Re: Conflagration (1975) English Export Dub

Post by StardustGenius »

I remember reading a year or two ago that an International Dub was discovered online. I've seen clips of it on Twitter.

"FUCK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!" Is a hilarious, but also VERY proper line in the dub. It happens when that guy gets shot in the cafeteria.

Perhaps Archive.org?

Mr. zilla Boi
Young Farmer

Post by Mr. zilla Boi »

I've checked, but haven't found it. I've tried to contact people who might have it, but haven't heard back from them.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Mr. zilla Boi wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:57 pm I've checked, but haven't found it. I've tried to contact people who might have it, but haven't heard back from them.
I wish I could help you. I know for sure it was discovered recently. Keep at it. Maybe some kind of Armageddon, at the Cinema?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What exactly is the plot to this movie?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

StardustGenius wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:36 pm I remember reading a year or two ago that an International Dub was discovered online. I've seen clips of it on Twitter.

"FUCK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!" Is a hilarious, but also VERY proper line in the dub. It happens when that guy gets shot in the cafeteria.

Perhaps Archive.org?
Last year I actually managed to get my hands on a copy of the Swedish VHS through a Finnish web auction site, and the seller was kind enough to also throw in a DVD-R rip, which I shared with some fellow dub lovers. I'm pretty sure that's the source of all the clips that are now floating around. ;)
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:57 pm What exactly is the plot to this movie?
Terrorists hijack the world's biggest oil tanker and park it in Tokyo Bay, threatening to blow it up and decapitate the government and paralyze the world economy, unless Tokyo agrees to their demands; destroy their oil reserves.

Japanese government tries to outsmart the terrorists by hiring Teruyoshi Nakano and Toho Studios to film a sfx sequence where it LOOKS like the oil refineries are bombed.

Hijinks(?) persue.

I am not kidding.

[/quote]Last year I actually managed to get my hands on a copy of the Swedish VHS through a Finnish web auction site, and the seller was kind enough to also throw in a DVD-R rip, which I shared with some fellow dub lovers. I'm pretty sure that's the source of all the clips that are now floating around. ;)[/quote]

HAHA! So that's where! Good to know! Long live International Dubs.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mr. zilla Boi
Young Farmer

Post by Mr. zilla Boi »

Would it be possible to upload the vhs capture anywhere? The dub itself hasn't popped up publicly online.

Mr. zilla Boi
Young Farmer

Post by Mr. zilla Boi »

G-Matt wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:24 pm
StardustGenius wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:36 pm I remember reading a year or two ago that an International Dub was discovered online. I've seen clips of it on Twitter.

"FUCK YOUUUUUUU!!!!!" Is a hilarious, but also VERY proper line in the dub. It happens when that guy gets shot in the
Last year I actually managed to get my hands on a copy of the Swedish VHS through a Finnish web auction site, and the seller was kind enough to also throw in a DVD-R rip, which I shared with some fellow dub lovers. I'm pretty sure that's the source of all the clips that are now floating around. ;)
Is there anyway we can get in touch, I've been looking on and off for the dub for about a year.
Last edited by Mr. zilla Boi on Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Guys, the rules are very clear that we don’t post links to things publicly. This is a conversation better left for private messages.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Absolutely. So if anyone is interested, PM me.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You