Favorite Gyaos

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.

What is your favorite Gyaos?

Showa
20%
Space
9%
Heisei
36%
Super
5%
Hyper
16%
Original Gyaos (GtB)
7%
Gyaos 2015
7%

Total votes: 44

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Favorite Gyaos

Post by Spuro »

shadowgigan wrote:Gotta go with Hyper Gyaos. There are some really great shots in G3 that bring out some interesting reds in him. Kind of strange because my only hyper Gyaos figure is painted a silvery blue color.
I'll be honest, I haven't the faintest idea what color they're supposed to be in that movie. The merchandise contradicts each other.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Yeah its really odd. Still, that gyaos is one of my favorite figures. Nice detail for a Bandai figure.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote:The Neo Gyaos from Gamera 2000.
Easily my favorite part of the game, the music, the sun setting while you fight.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

The opening to Gamera The Brave is probably my favorite out of any of the movies. Those Gyaos get my vote, easily. So cool, so mean..They actually seemed like a threat to Gamera
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

I voted Hyper. Hard to pick one design since i love all of them! :D

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Shouldn't this one be on the Gamera Media page?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Showa Gyaos is a good kaiju, but I pick the Super Gyaos. It was quite the vicious and cunning foe, and I just love that narrow profile it has when in air combat with Gamera.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

I say Heisei Gyaos. Especially Super Gyaos. The only thing I don't really understand is that the Super Gyaos is the largest and strongest with adaptions against something that is normally a weakness, sunlight. Yet Hyper Gyaos is a further mutation but doesn't seem to be superior and is in fact inferior to the Super Gyaos. All of that aside I also vote Heisei because they are the only Gyaos with a solid backstory. We know all we need to know about why they are a menace, how they were created, and who created them.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think Hyper Gyaos are larger on the norm but they breed a hell of a lot faster.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gamera was also growing more powerful through each installment. By G3, the Gyaos's sonic cutters bounced off his bare arm the way they did his shell in the first movie, and his fireballs were wiping out city blocks with ease.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spuro wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:03 pm Gamera was also growing more powerful through each installment. By G3, the Gyaos's sonic cutters bounced off his bare arm the way they did his shell in the first movie, and his fireballs were wiping out city blocks with ease.
You know, that's something I never noticed, but you're right. I like the idea that Gamera is evolving and getting stronger throughout the series, even if it's never directly stated. I think there's definitely a distinct difference in personality between G2 and G3 though that just makes him more tenacious.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Lesko wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:53 pm I say Heisei Gyaos. Especially Super Gyaos. The only thing I don't really understand is that the Super Gyaos is the largest and strongest with adaptions against something that is normally a weakness, sunlight. Yet Hyper Gyaos is a further mutation but doesn't seem to be superior and is in fact inferior to the Super Gyaos. All of that aside I also vote Heisei because they are the only Gyaos with a solid backstory. We know all we need to know about why they are a menace, how they were created, and who created them.
The Gyaos population in GotU seems to have been isolated from the ones who appear in G3, so I suppose Hyper Gyaos isn't so much a further mutation as it is an alternate mutation.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I caught the second half of Gamera vs. Gyaos on TNT (or TBS) when I was six or so, making it the very first kaiju movie that I ever saw, even before I saw my first Godzilla movie. Gotta go with the original for nostalgia value.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Showa, easily.
For Emperor and Empire!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Really hard to choose between Showa and Super. I have a weakness for both. I LOVE their designs and their man-eating habits. And the fact they can each hold their own without the need of a flock. I've always said Super Gyaos is a more impressive and terrible monster than a single Hyper Gyaos.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I love the Showa one but I’m super biased for the original designs. Heck, I’d probably insert them into the Heisei Trilogy if it were all up to me.

I do think that Gyaos has had a consistently good “upgrade” though. Every version they put out has been really cool.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Showa is great and is my second favorite. It would be great for them to go back to the original incarnation for the new anime. Give him the fire extinguishing gas, the ability to interfere with radio signals etc. again.

That all being said, my favorite is still the Hyper Gyaos.

Ideally, I would love to see someone marry up the designs of the Hyper and Showa versions of the character. Also make them pack hunters like Hyper, but as deadly as the original.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Gotta go with the original, its design is just more appealing to me.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm surprised a fast food place hasn't started using Gyaos as a mascot. The kaiju would be perfect for Sonic.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

edgaguirus wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:53 pm I'm surprised a fast food place hasn't started using Gyaos as a mascot. The kaiju would be perfect for Sonic.
I mean... They do eat people. You don't see Twinkie the Kid shooting up bars.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?