Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

The beefiness of the upper body is what does it, as well as the head sculpt. This is definitely my favorite Godzilla figure, just beating out the SHMA.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Absolutely, the beefiness of the upper body is something we've been lacking in these lines. It's crazy we finally have a figure with the full bear-like body of the MV design.

Since we're on a new page I'll just leave these two photos here to conclude, since I'm obsessed. The scaling is fantastic, and the proportions are much closer to what we've seen in the films than prior releases.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I like that lighting! Very excited to receive mine, once my Pile of Loot grows a little bigger.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:52 pm I like that lighting! Very excited to receive mine, once my Pile of Loot grows a little bigger.
Thanks! It was a pain zigzagging it across each shelf but it was definitely worth it.

What’s crazy is I’ve heard no QC issues from this figure, so we might all be in for a great first impression of the line. The plastic used feels especially solid, no worries of breaks or tears.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

The teeth paint on the lower jaw on my figure is a little off. Looking at it head on the figure’s jaw looks crooked. But it’s nothing a little touching up can’t fix.

One thing I didn’t like about the SHMA was how much the teeth paint contrasted with the darkness of the skin. Even in photos, it always looked like the SHMA is smiling. I was initially put off by the teeth paint on the Hiya from the promo pictures, but in-hand it’s a very interesting approach.
Last edited by Your Boy Leroy on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Welp, I now have two Godzillas and a Kong coming...can't wait to get them in hand.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Apparently Hiya confirmed that they haven’t lost the license they’ve just sold out of their current products

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

king_ghidorah wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:09 am Apparently Hiya confirmed that they haven’t lost the license they’ve just sold out of their current products
That's cool. They gotta do more production runs.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

That's a relief to hear; I was waiting to order from Hiya's site directly for the best price. It would be nice if they just listed as "sold out" rather than wiping the products from their site, though.

Terrific photos by the way, _JNavs_!
Last edited by Rody on Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Fingers crossed for a Hiya Ghidorah. It will (hopefully) be accurate, huge, and solid!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Rody wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:45 am That's a relief to hear; I was waiting to order from Hiya's site directly for the best price. It would be nice if they just listed as "sold out" rather than wiping the products from their site, though.

Terrific photos by the way, _JNavs_!
Thank you!!

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

king_ghidorah wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:09 am Apparently Hiya confirmed that they haven’t lost the license they’ve just sold out of their current products
Might I ask where this was confirmed? (Not that I don't believe you, mostly just curious to know where/how they respond to inquiries like that.)

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Screencap of a conversation with their marketing team that was posted on a Facebook group by a reputable source

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Amazing photos!!

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

A video review of Hiya Kong is up: https://youtu.be/1yIWYz3Z1m0
Last edited by Your Boy Leroy on Thu Dec 08, 2022 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I really hope they do a Godzilla 2014 soon ish

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Those are some gorgeous photos. Hiya's Kong and SHMA's seem closer to each other in quality than Godzilla, but I will definitely go for the Hiya figure if it stays as the cheaper option upon release.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Based on that video review, it looks like Hiya Kong has the better sculpt and is larger, SHMA Kong has the better articulation and is smaller. Cool to be able to have choices.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Got my Godzilla in this past weekend and I'll just add to the chorus, it's the perfect blend between NECA and SHMA - SHMA-level detail with NECA-level solidity and articulation. Sometimes SHMA feel delicate to me and I resist messing with them too much, whereas this guy is a true action figure.

I really hope they expand and give us a Ghidorah as well as a 2014 Godzilla - maybe even a MUTO!