Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by HayesAJones »

"Once you see your friend, we need to get you underground," Blind tells Marina curtly after returning her nod. "Those mercenaries may not be done, and we can't assume Tenmus and her people are going to be any friendlier. The mayor was awful quick to open fire on a civilian."

The costumed woman, sounding a bit angry at first, quickly brings her tone down. She tilts her head apologetically at Marina. "Two civilians. Sorry."

Trusting Celine lead the way, Blind called up a touchpad on her wrist and sent Bee a quick message.
Marina is secure. Franklin is
She hesitated to assume the worst. It made her feel better not to.
Franklin is mia. Need shelter soon.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Aileen's sapphire eyes locked briefly with those of Heng, watching her as she prattled on. How did someone this cartoonish have become a medical practitioner? Watching as Lind quickly shoos away Heng, Aileen offered Lind a fake smile and an amicable laugh. "N-no worries, hon. Hardly even a problem."

Aileen kept a cool demeanor externally, but internally, she was highly annoyed at the musings of Heng. What an obnoxious excuse for meat, Aileen mused internally. She's lucky she is a good source of information on the supers of this city, otherwise Callous would've had me wipe the smile off her disgusting gob a lot time ago.

"S-so, um... how long until I get the results back?" Aileen inquired sheepishly, looking back to Lind.
________________________________________________________________________________________
As the chaos came to a close, others soon flocked to the sight of carnage to see what horrors had unfolded on the campus. While many found themselves blocked access to the campus by law enforcement on the scene, who had cleverly set up roadblocks preventing access to the area, and had bands of officers patrolling to insure no one snuck onto the campus, an ebony shape darted through the air above Diamond Ring University. In a veil of shadow, the figure descended into the heart of the school, as a blackened chain slithered back into the palm of his hand, vanishing in a burst of onyx smoke.

Landing the center of the battle-torn university in a cloud of dust and debris, Cocytus rose to his full height, azure eyes scanning his surroundings for any further signs of activity. The school was eerily still for a place that, less than an hour ago, had been the sight of a terrible battle... one where a gunship had been called in, no less. He could see evidence of heavy firepower littering the area - casings from the gunship most likely - but otherwise saw little evidence of the destruction that had just unfolded. Nevertheless, Cocytus' hands filled with dark smog once more, as a massive, black iron axe appeared in his grasp. It was better to be prepared and not need his weaponry than to need his weaponry and be wholly unprepared.

Stepping deeper into the school, Cocytus leapt up into the air, landing on the roof of a nearby administrative building before he began to quietly survey the area for any signs of activity...
----
After what felt like an eternity of running, Dhriti finally had arrived near the scene of the carnage at diamond Ring University. Much to her chagrin, however, she found that damn near every possible path of entry had been blocked off by law enforcement - barricades lined every street, police cars blocked entire intersections, and hordes of angry, confused, and frightened people surrounded groups of armed and armored officers who struggled to hold the masses back.

Damn near identical to last night,, Dhriti grimly thought to herself as she surveyed the situation. Two disasters in less than twenty four hours... this city is eating itself alive.

The Indian woman's eyes scanned the area. It would be pretty difficult to slip past all of these officers unnoticed... and she would rather not risk getting arrested or, given how trigger-happy the mayor seemed to be today given the goddamn attack helicopter earlier, shot. Suddenly, she had her opportunity. A woman - presumably the mother of someone who was on-campus - angrily confronted one of the officers on the scene, instigating others in the crowd to become rowdier as well. The officers quickly found themselves distracted by the growing chaos, leaving a small segment of their barricade unguarded, if only for the briefest of moments.

But a moment was all Dhriti needed to make her move.

Quickly siezing her opportunity, Dhriti slid herself between two narrow pieces of fence that acted as the police's makeshift barricade, before she made haste deeper into the campus....
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"Two, maybe three days." Lind plainly stated. She crossed her right leg over her left as she sat in the chair by her laptop. "Come back here in two days, and I can have your results ready with a proper treatment to ensure your thunderclap headache doesn't occur again. But for now..."

"Est- LIIIND! I'M BAAAAAAACK!" Heng lurched forward through the door with a large clear bottle in hand. The liquid within was see through, but there was a slight smell to the bottle, and on it was a label that said "Hydrothermal Solution" with a scrawl of far smaller text beneath and on the back. "Here you go!"

"Heng, silence is key. I'll be out soon." She gestured Heng away, and the doctor of Los Diamantes grumbled as she swaggered back out of the room. With a heavy sigh, Lind turned back to Aileen and poured several drops of the liquid into a small paper cup, then poured water from a closed bottle in and stirred them together with a metal spoon. She then handed Aileen the cup.

"Drink. This will dilute your pain receptors in your head and alleviate the tension. It will also open the blood vessels flowing to and from your brain to allow for clearer thinking. This should last the full three days before the test results come back in and I can prepare the proper tre-"

"It'll also give you gas!" Heng's face poked out through the door, before a kick from Lind closed the door into Heng's face, a slight twitch in annoyance and anger on Lind's own.

"... I promise she will not be present when you come back here."

Alice came rushing back down the stairs, the blood sample obtained, just in time to hear Marina's request to see Sierra. The woman bit her lower lip. The sooner they arrived at Heng's clinic, the better. And with Bloodless in her current weakened state, this was an opportunity to stop a constant threat that had plagued the city for months. To throw it away... It didn't sit well with her, but while her brain was screaming at her to focus on Bloodless and on Franklin's blood, her heart told a different story. Given everything that Marina had gone through, she needed something to grasp onto, some anchor to keep her going, something to help lift her from the darkness that had so suddenly swallowed her world. Being there with her friend, with Sierra, was what she desperately needed and wanted. Anything to help return that smile, that happiness, back to her.

It was something Alice knew all too well, of those who needed hope where there was none, of those who needed a helping hand, a familiar voice. And to help preserve that last bit of Marina's old life...

Alice took a deep breath. Bloodless could wait. In the condition she likely was in, she was no threat to anyone at the moment. And hopefully Alice could relocate her before that changed. But for now...

"Sierra is at the campus infirmary." She told Marina. "I ran into Mrs. Seisshia on the way there, and she helped to close Marina's wounds. She should be getting treated..."

Celine held a hand to her chin. "But, we're not properly equipped to-"

"The clinic was too far to take her, and..." Alice looked to Marina. "Let's hurry over there, and yes, you should keep a low profile once we're at the clinic."

"If this was the mayor's idea to send in a goddamn gunship, no wonder Father Pius wants nothing to do with her." Celine looked away. "Fucking batshit insane loon."

As Celine lead the way out of the building and toward the infirmary, Vinnie was carried along. He wasn't going to complain, not openly, but the longer he wasn't with Kala, the more likely something bad was going to happen to her. He looked up at Marina's face, and felt his heart grow heavy. He wasn't fully aware of what was going on, but he could tell she was dealing with a heavy loss. If only he could make her feel better...
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina happened to catch Vinnie's glance and held it for a moment. Who was this kid and what was he even doing here on-campus? It wasn't "bring your child to work day", and the fact that he seemed to be in association with Alice, Celine made his presence here all the more puzzling. Perhaps he was a Super that Alice was mentoring or something, and she also heard him mention someone named "Kala". She'd never heard of anyone named Kala within her admittedly small social circle, maybe it was someone else who knew Alice and Celine. Either way, Sierra was a top priority at the moment, and she broke eye contact with Vinnie to focus on the path ahead. As she walked, Her finned ears perked up as she heard the sounds of approaching footsteps somewhere close by. Were there still people inside the campus? Even after everything that had gone down? Either someone was very brave, or very stupid to still be in here. The footsteps got closer and closer, and soon Marina could begin to pinpoint their exact location; the corner at end of the hall they were walking down. Marina slowed her pace a bit and looked over at Alice.

"There's someone coming..." she said softly and pointing at the end of the hall.

==========================================================

Brody heard his text message jingle and pulled out his flip-phone and was greeted by a status report from Blind. He was relieved that both Blind and Marina made it out alive, and that he had made a good call with choosing her for this mission. As for Franklin being MIA...he knew that wasn't entirely true. He suspected Franklin...or whatever he was now, would be back very soon. To that end, Brody decided that now was the time to move his plan to the next phase. Drafting a reply, Brody began to text:

"It's time we meet. We need to make our next move ASAP. 10:00 PM, 1024 South Ferryman Street. Did any other heroes respond to the DRU incident? <>8<>"
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Blind was replying to Bee when Marina gave the warning.
puppeteer with with me. bloodless was on campus as wel
The costumed woman hit "Send" a few characters early as her ward spoke up, just a few moments for her own sensors picked up the footsteps. Though she readied herself for potentially hostile action, looking up from her wrist and shifting to more actionable footing, she did not yet draw any weapons.

They could be- and she hoped they were- friendly.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Aileen rolled her eyes as Heng made a second, equally as unwelcome return appearance. Her grating voice was making this splitting headache worse than it already was...

She looked to Lind, and offered the woman a quick nod. She quickly gulps down the solution, before handing the cup back to Lina. "Not a problem at all! We all know how it goes when you have bosses leering over your shoulder..."

Aileen then pushed herself to her feet. "Th-thank you for everything. Really. It's been nice, even with the... interruptions. I-is it okay if I take a few minutes to rest in the lobby?"
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Dhriti hustled down the halls of a nearby building. She was lucky she managed to slip that barricade unnoticed - if they had so much had turned their heads slightly when that scuffle had unfolded, she likely would have found herself swept up in that, and she would have found herself on the receiving end of their handcuffs. Traversing the building's hallways by herself, knowing that only a few minutes ago that the entire university had been plunged into chaos, was incredibly eerie - it was almost like being in a war zone behind enemy lines, knowing that life had been extinguished here not too long ago. It was an unnatural feeling, a sort of existential dread that could not be properly explained.

Suddenly, she heard the sound of footsteps. Dhriti slowed her pace briefly. it sounded like multiple people... four people perhaps? And they were all heading her direction. Dhriti let out a low exhale, and adopted a much more aggressive posture. She hoped it wouldn't come to blows, but she couldn't take the risk, especially after heavy firepower had just been levied here. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster in her chest, quickly filling her ears with its rhythm as the others approached. Dhriti took another deep breath to calm herself, before she made her move to round the corner...

Turning in front of the group of heroes, Dhriti initially adopted a posture indicative of defense, as if she anticipated an attack from them. But when the attack never came, Dhriti quickly relaxed her guard.

"Okay, not baddies..." Dhriti said, sighing in relief. "Are you all okay? I heard some shit going down and I ran here as fast as I could..."
----
Cocytus continued on the move across the school's rooftops, surveying the area with a scrutinizing gaze. The school was eerily still... lifeless even. It was akin to the site of a battle after the clashing had ended; the violence had ended, but the remnants of it still remained. Despite this, Cocytus could not make out a clear picture of what truly had occurred. Obviously the casings indicated gunfire, but he had already known that.

But he began to explore his surroundings more, and soon came across evidence of intense conflict. Atop a building, Cocytus could see what looked like an enormous puddle of blood from... something. No doubt it was whatever the attack helicopter had been called in to investigate. Moving in to investigate further, the knight of punishment could one of the buildings had nearly been blown open, leaving a smoldering heap where what had presumably been a classroom was. Cocytus moved in to examine it, running an iron gloved hand against it. The damage was similar to what he had seen back inside of the Gentech facility... some sort of heat blast? A laser? Fire breath? He couldn't say for sure, but whatever it was, it held incredible power within it.

His eyes drifted back towards where he had seen the massive blood puddle on the roof, following the back side of the structure. A trail of sickly blood followed down below, and led into what looked to be a manmade river that led straight into the ocean surrounding the city. Cocytus let out a low grumble. Hopefully, whatever that helicopter encountered was well and truly dead, but he could not help but hold a nagging suspicion that things weren't quite finished here. It was never that easy, not in this city.

Nevertheless, Cocytus extended his spiked chains once more and prepared to leave the school; there was little for him to address here besides corpses and rudimentary evidence.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Lind took the cup back from Aileen and nodded to her. "Take as much time as you need. Be sure to come back in three days time for the proper medication, and have a wonderful rest of your day."

She stood up and opened the door. She was thankful that Heng was not eavesdropping from the other side. She knew today was stressful for her given the news that had just dropped, but a stressed Heng was an annoying Heng, since her response to too much stress was to become as childish and immature as possible to blow off steam. In private that was understandable and fine, but in public it only served to annoy everyone and anyone else around, nevermind damaging her reputation.

--------
Alice and Celine turned at Marina's point of direction, but when the person who rounded the corner was another woman, both of them relaxed. Neither of them were all too familiar with this person, but it was clear from their body language and looks they were not one of the gun men from before.

"We're fine." Alice told her. "Just leaving this building to head over to the medical ward, then off to Heng's clinic. Who exactly are you? You don't seem to be a student here."

"Neither are you, Alice." Celine rolled her eyes. "Though you could pass for one."

Ignoring Celine's comment, Alice cleared her throat. "Puppeteer here. I run the daycare center. This is Marina, a student here, and the kid is Vincent. He's looking for his sister, a girl named Kala..."

"And I am Celine, a teacher here." Celine introduced herself as well.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina awkwardly waved and forced a toothy smile at Dhriti before her face returned to its normal expression. She didn't have time for this, she needed to get to Sierra and assess her condition ASAP.

"Alice, I'll catch up with you later. I need to get to Sierra. I don't know what state she's in and I'm not going to sit around and wait to find out." Marina said, still with a bit of hostility.

She felt conflicted as she walked off towards the medical ward; on one hand she still harbored resentment for the heroes of this city for what they did to her brother. On the other hand, Alice and the mysterious stranger did help get Sierra to relative safety, just as the former promised. She was begrudgingly thankful for their help, as Sierra may not have made it out of there alive if it wasn't for them. Maybe, just maybe, they weren't all bad? Just as that possibility popped into her head, she brushed it aside, stubbornly holding onto her grudge despite having experienced Alice's generosity first hand. She had to focus on other things, like seeing if her best friend was okay. As she walked, she felt her aquatic features recede and with a few seconds she looked almost completely human. Her gills closed up, leaving only a pair of three red lines on both sides of her neck. The blue-silver luster of her scales dulled and then vanished into pale skin, along with its texture. This couldn't have come at a better time, as she really didn't want people gawking at her and looking at her like a freak.

After traveling a short distance, she arrived at the medical ward of the campus. This area had been completely spared of the damage from the battle, and a few brave technicians had stayed behind to tend to any wounded. The casualties seemed light; a few sprained ankles and bruises but nothing major. Except for Sierra, she'd gotten much worse than just a sprained ankle. Jogging up to the receptionist desk, she got the receptionist's attention with a hand wave and quickly stated her business.

"Hi, I'm a friend of Sierra Stanton, she was brought in a little while ago. I need to see her as soon as possible, please!" pleaded Marina. The receptionist looked at Marina, then down at a list on her desk which she briefly browsed, adjusting her glasses as she did so. The receptionist cleared her throat and began to speak while keeping her eyes glued to the information on the list.

"We did receive a Sierra Stanton in room C2, but she isn't allowed to have vis-"

"Thank you!" Marina cut off the receptionist and darted off towards the direction of C Block.

Her shoes squeaked as she came to a stop and looked around for the room marked "C2", looking side to side as she slowly began walking down the hallway. Directly to her right was a small plastic sign on the wall with "C2" on it in black lettering as well as braille. Once again, she accelerated her pace and pulled away the curtains to the room. She was greeted to the sight of a broken Sierra laying on a hospital bed, hooked up to several IVs and an EKG that periodically bleeped. Marina looked down almost shamefully, then back at Sierra as she struggled to form words. She didn't even know where to begin explaining things to Sierra, who looked over at her through half-shut eyes in anticipation. No words came from Marina however, instead she grabbed a chair and pulled it up next to the hospital bed. Having a closer look at Marina, Sierra saw that her friend appeared to be completely human. How was this possible? Did she hallucinate the whole fins and scales thing?

"Marina..I thought I saw-" Sierra said weakly before being interrupted by Marina.

"You did see, girlie. I.....I don't even know where to begin. I shouldn't have kept this a secret from you for so long, I just didn't know how you'd react and-" in return, Sierra interrupted Marina.

"Mari...w..what happened to you back there??" she said.

Marina inhaled and prepared a response. No matter how she spun it, this was going to sound absolutely insane.

"I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but there's no other way around it so bear with me:....I'm a mermaid, sort-of"

"I don't suppose you have a talking crab companion, too" Sierra said sarcastically; even as broken as she was, Sierra's playful personality still shone through. Marina couldn't help but crack a smile at her friend's sense of humor, and snickered.

"No, no talking crabs." Marina laughed.

"It's complicated. I said "sort-of" because I don't have a tail or anything. Ones like me have legs instead of tails and can live both on land and in water. Not a bad deal." Marina added as Sierra listened.

Part of her couldn't believe what she was hearing, it all sounded like something Mari had cooked up while tripping on drugs. Yet she saw it with her own eyes: Marina really was a mermaid, or some sub-species of them as she described. Then again in a world where people can fly and shoot lasers from their eyes while wearing spandex, she supposed the existence of Merfolk was pretty tame by comparison. The sound of approaching footsteps caught both their attention as the curtain to the room was pulled back by an upset-looking doctor.

"Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to leave, we're still treating this patient to keep her stable. Now if you want, you can sit in the waiting room until we call you" said the annoyed doctor as he held the curtain open for Marina to leave. Marina looked over to Sierra, who gave her a weak nod. She sat up and pushed the chair back against the wall, and right before she left the room, she looked back at Sierra assuringly.

"Rest up, girlie. I'll be here all night if I have to." Marina smiled before leaving to the waiting room.

========================================================================================================================================

Back at his warehouse lair, Brody received a text message jingle from Blind and quickly picked up his flip-phone to read. He was aware that Bloodless was on campus, as he'd watched her duel with Franklin on the rooftop in which she appeared to have been defeated. He wasn't too upset, as Bloodless was a violent vigilante that appeared to be nothing more than a feral animal. She would have been useful to Brody's grand plan if she was more rational and civilized. Brody quickly set about typing up a reply:

"Bring Puppeteer too. We'll need her help for what we're going to do. <>8<>"

After hitting send, Brody pulled up Foxtrot's contact info and sent her a similar message to the one he sent Blind earlier.

"It's time we meet. We need to make our next move ASAP. 10:00 PM, 1024 South Ferryman Street. Puppeteer and another agent of mine will be coming. <>8<>"
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Aileen offered the woman a grateful nod and a soft smile. "Thank you! I appreciate it."

As she passed by to leave the office, Aileen whispered to Lind, "that lady sure is something else, isn't she?"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Dhirti offered the group a respectful bow. "Good to meet you all, my name is Dur-"

She paused as Marina ran off down the hall on her own, eyes following her as she finished her sentence. "... ga." She looked back towards the others. "She's got the right idea, we need to get you all out of here. Follow me, I know a way past the checkpoint outside."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Lind could only give a slow, understanding nod to Aileen, before she went back over to her laptop to continue taking notes...

Alice was torn. A part of her wanted to follow Marina over to the medical ward just to make sure that Sierra was stable and doing well, but getting back to Heng's clinic was also important, and the sooner they got there, the better. She crossed her hands in thought.

"A pleasure to meet you, Durga." Alice told her. "If you do know the way out of here, we'll follow you."

Celine nodded as well, and with Vinnie in hand, she followed Alice after Durga. She looked down to Vinnie. "Don't worry, we'll get you back with Kala soon enough." She whispered to the kid.

--------------

Marina was not alone when she re-entered the waiting room. Seated in one of the chairs was Seisshia, her right leg slung over her left and her head resting in her right hand. Upon seeing Marina walk in, Seisshia's eyes lifted up from the crude sketch of a sun and a bird she had been drawing in her notebook and looked to the young woman. "Well well, I wasn't expecting to see you here so soon... Or, I guess I should have expected to see you here, given that is your friend in there and all."

She sat up straight, her emerald eye closed while her pale blue eye remained focused on the student. "What a chaotic day. Who would have expected so many things to have happened? Armed gunmen, unfortunate victims of circumstance and fate struck this day... It is a lot to take in, a lot which can sway one from the middle path... But to see your will prevail even with all of this, it is an example humans should strive to follow."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina stopped for a moment upon seeing Seisshia seated in the waiting room. Marina had seen her around campus from time to time, but what was she doing here? Was she injured in the attack? Was someone she knew hurt? She didn't have the energy to dwell on it, and slumped down in a chair across from Seisshia as the latter began complimenting Marina's resilience during recent events. It all sounded nice, but she felt like it was far from the truth. In reality, she was at the breaking point; she didn't know how much more of this she could take before falling off the deep end. She supposed the fact that she was still able to function to a degree was a miracle in and of itself, but she didn't feel like she lived up to the praise Seisshia was giving her. Humans following her example? Not a chance, especially given that there were plenty that were prejudiced against super-powered individuals, herself included. The irony and hypocrisy of that line of thinking wasn't lost on her, but she insisted her views were justified; afterall, it was a gang of supers that murdered her brother. Then she remembered Alice, Celine, and the stranger from earlier and how they offered to help her. They could have just attacked Franklin immediately, but instead chose to resolve things peacefully. Though things didn't work out as she'd hoped, they seemed very much sympathetic to her and Franklin's plight and tried their best to help. She caught herself getting lost in her thoughts and snapped back to reality with a shake of her head.

She sighed and looked down at the ground, and then to Seisshia.

"I think you're giving me a too much credit. I...I'm barely holding it together, even now. I've lost just about everything I gave a fuck about today, and if Sierra dies.." she said shaking her head.

"...I don't know what I'll do. This is too much, too much in one goddamn day...." she said as her head slumped and she stared at the ground.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Seisshia clasped her hands together as she listened to Marina. The taller woman nodded along, though her smile faded away somewhat as Marina revealed the truth of her mental state. When she finished, Seisshia shook her head, and a silent sigh escaped from her lips.

"The fact you have not completely broken yet is why I praise you." Seisshia told her as she pocketed away her notebook. "You are honest about yourself even when given praise, a trait lacking in many who claim to be human. The path of righteousness is fraught with peril and tragedy, and all it takes is one misstep to fall into the darkest depths of Hell. You walk that path, Marina, a path I have seen others fall from having suffered like you have, torn from their beloved and the weight of oblivion pressing down upon them. Those who are there to help you, listen to their council carefully. Some have honeyed words meant to poison, while others genuinely mean what they say. A poisoned phoenix is reborn a monster..."

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I am here to visit your friend Sierra, since I was the one who mended her wounds initially. I plan to stay here during the rest of the day and into the night to oversee her. The next time you two see each other, perhaps the dynamic in power won't be so lopsided... You know, her bed ridden while you are healthy."

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

"I'll find my own way out," Blind told Durga before fishing something from a pocket somewhere on her smart suit. She tosses it to Dhriti: a small, prepaid cell phone.

As she quickly taps out a message to Bee, she tells the younger vigilante, "We can stay in touch, if you'd like to. Help each other help others. This... it may be bigger than any of us on our own."
request to extend invite to invincible durga too. showed up on site.
"My ears will be open," she tells the others before disappearing around a corner. As she follows Marina, she makes a quick addendum to her message to Bee.
OvO

As Marina and Seisshia spoke, someone else poked their head into the waiting room. A young Hispanic woman, short and fit- practically as broad as she was tall- with wildly curly hair cut in shyly.

"Um... are you Marina?" she asked. She extended a hand, a cheap phone in it. "Your, uh... odd friend asked me to give this to you. A burner phone, I guess?"

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Aileen soon stepped out into the lobby of the clinic, taking a seat in one of the many chairs lining the lobby. The sound of calming music chimed through the office, along with the quiet chatter of some generic talk show on the TV mounted on the back wall. Aileen reached to the small coffee table in the center of the room and grabbed one of the many magazines stacked there and began to read it, casually crossing her legs as she did so. Hopefully things would get interesting soon... so far she hadn't really caught notice of any of particular worth. Was Callous wrong to have her investigate this place?

She shook her head. Callous was never wrong in any of his endeavors. Besides, at least her headache was feeling better.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dhriti quickly caught the phone, looking over to the tight costumed vigilante with a confused expression. "I, uhh... okay, sounds good to me. We'll keep in touch I guess."

She then looked back to the others remaining. "Okay, follow me. Shouldn't take us too long to slip past the guards outside." Dhriti then began to lead the way back through the halls, keeping a low profile in the unlikely event that someone else was actually still on the campus. Maneuvering through the buildings and moving outside, Dhriti briefly paused to look towards the others. "so... what's up with that other girl? Who's Sierra? Did... did she need help too?"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The silence of Somsak's apartment, which had long been still since his return from buying new sheets, was suddenly disrupted by the feline criminal's awakening from a deep slumber. Somsak let out a startled yelp as he rose from his nap, glancing about his tiny apartment in a confused daze. He saw them all again in his dreams... their broken bodies, they bloodless remains. Somsak clutched his sheets tightly in a cold sweat. That shit was gonna haunt him till the day he died... seeing their empty, glazed over eyes and their mangled bodies just lying there, limp as a boned fish...

Somsak shook the sleep out of his eyes, ears flicking about with anxiety as he glanced towards his old, beat up alarm clock. How long had he been napping for anyways?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:09 pm Brody heard his text message jingle and pulled out his flip-phone and was greeted by a status report from Blind. He was relieved that both Blind and Marina made it out alive, and that he had made a good call with choosing her for this mission. As for Franklin being MIA...he knew that wasn't entirely true. He suspected Franklin...or whatever he was now, would be back very soon. To that end, Brody decided that now was the time to move his plan to the next phase. Drafting a reply, Brody began to text:

Still in full costume, ready to jump into action at a moment's notice, Kyra sat in silence in her living room, watching the destruction at the university on live TV. A purring cat sleeping in her lap, curled into a tight ball of fur, was the only comfort she felt as she watched the horror of the aftermath unfold onscreen. She wished desperately she could be there. There was a part of her – a voice from her younger, more rebellious days – that urged her to ignore The Fly's request and help at the scene in any way she could.

But maturity gained from experience and no small degree of therapy had tempered Kyra's recklessness. The Fly was relying on her to be on standby. Neither of them couldn't save Los Diamantis alone. She had to trust them, her teammate, to do what was needed.

The instant her phone buzzed, Kyra nearly leapt to retrieve it, startling the cat out of her lap. "Sorry, Vixen!" she apologized, before checking her new message.
"It's time we meet. We need to make our next move ASAP. 10:00 PM, 1024 South Ferryman Street. Did any other heroes respond to the DRU incident? <>8<>"
Slipping the neon-green-lenses of her goggles over her eyes, Kyra began to text a reply.

I only know what was on the news, but I heard Bloodless was at the scene. Not exactly a hero... :sigh: I'll meet you there! -^^,--,~
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina listened as Seisshia continued to pile on praise after praise; she was really laying it on thick to the point where she began to feel a bit uncomfortable. Seisshia barely knew her yet she was talking to her like she was the second coming of Jesus Christ or something.

"Some have honeyed words meant to poison, while others genuinely mean what they say?"

"A poisoned phoenix is reborn a monster?"

These particular phrases added a layer of unease to her growing discomfort, and she couldn't help but think it sounded almost sinister even though on the surface there was nothing sinister about it. Her body language began to reflect her emotions and became more closed off with her arms folded. Then Seisshia mentioned that she was the one who healed Sierra, and that she wanted to stay the night to watch over her. With the weird vibes she was giving off? No way she was going to leave Sierra alone with her. She was already naturally distrustful, and this lady going overboard with some of these compliments felt a lot like "honeyed words meant to poison".

"Look, I'm really grateful for what you did for Sierra, but you really don't have to stay.." she said with a forced smile before continuing.

"I was planning on staying the night anyway, so you don't need to-" she stopped as the young Hispanic woman entered the waiting room asking about her.

Great, who the hell was this now?? She listened as she mentioned the "odd friend", likely referring to the cyber-woman or whatever from earlier. She wouldn't exactly call her a friend, and even though she did play her part in getting Sierra to safety, that didn't make them buddy-buddy. She looked at the burner phone and then back at the young woman with a brow raised, her hand seemed poised to take it but still she hesitated. The distrustful part of her tried with all its might to stop her from taking the device, her father's voice playing in her head warning her to be weary of the outside world due to what she was. That part of her begged her not to get involved with these people more than she already was, but another side of her acknowledged that like it or not, she was waist deep in whatever was going on with GenTech, Franklin, and the heroes she despised so much. Not only that, she yearned for answers; who the hell were those gunmen that attacked them? What the hell did GenTech do to Franklin??

At last, she took a deep breath in and took the device from the young woman. She couldn't believe she was going on board with this, accepting stuff from a complete stranger she only met for 5 minutes in the middle of a gunfight. She looked down at the phone in her hand and examined it; it was fairly old in terms of design and felt kind of cheaply made. It was a bit ironic that someone with an affinity for high-tech gadgets uses relatively primitive stuff like this. Then again, a cheap phone would be a good way to prevent calls from being traced, like in those action movies.

"So uh...should I expect a call soon or something?" she asked, shifting her attention back to the young woman.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Seisshia closed her eyes as she listened to Marina, then to the hispanic woman who had showed up. She simply nodded her head, before she reopened her pale blue eye and shifted its gaze back to Marina.

"Are you sure it is a wise idea to remain on the school campus after what everyone witnessed of you? Marina, even this early I am hearing of what people saw of you, of your... special attributes, one might say. Curious audiences will flock to you, and last I checked, I don't believe Sierra is in any condition to be caught up in the crowds. Staying by your friend is admirable, but I do believe it is best if you lay low for now and not draw unwanted attention. As the head of the Buddhist religious group here on campus and as a teacher, ensuring Sierra's stability and safety is my current top priority. Trust me, she is in safe hands."

-------------

Celine was the one who answered Dhriti. "The girl who just gave you that phone, she was here helping to try and keep the situation under control. I... I admit, I don't really know who she is."

Alice shook her head as well. "Neither do I, but she's clearly here to help. As for Sierra.... She's Marina's friend, and someone who was caught in the crossfire that happened here. I took her to the medical ward, so she should be doing okay... I just didn't think something like this would happen while I was here getting answers..."

As the group made their way off of campus, Celine kept glancing down toward Vinnie, and noticed that Alice as well was glancing down at the kid. She felt glad that the kid was safe now, but the real issue was going to be Bloodless. Bloodless's reputation was one she knew the city higher ups were becoming more and more pressed with dealing with sooner rather than later, and many of the city's heroes, including Supercell, had tried locating the violent vigilante to no success. She had no idea if Alice was going to attack her on sight, but given that Bloodless had often left families of her victims robbed of their precious teenage hoodlum children who were committing crimes for fun or with friends, she had to suspect that was the likely case, and this Durga woman she had nothing to go off of. Her best hope was for Kala to get back to wherever her and Vinnie were living, which seemed to be at least near Heng, but that was a far flung hope...

--------------------

Elsewhere on the campus, Callous was hard at work doing his own research. When all hell had broken loose, he had volunteered to help get the students to safety, and he had done that, until he had gotten bored of shepherding the stupid sheep around. It was bad enough to have to do that as part of his job as a priest, but doing it with even stupider teenagers and young adults was infuriating. He was glad when the campus started to empty out, as then he could more freely think and scheme. He had witnessed the fight on the roof between Bloodless and the strange monster, and more importantly the gunship that had showed up to dispose of them both. So this was what it took for that crane to take matters into her own hands. With no longer having that idiot Supercell to hide behind, she was throwing overkill at the problem... Good.

Everyone would have seen what had happened, that with Supercell gone, the city was at more risk than ever, and what lengths their mayor was willing to go to try and preserve the peace. He kicked up a rock and caught it in his hand, before a spike on pain in his ribs made him drop the rock. This city was falling apart without Supercell to hold it all together, and it was only a matter of time before he could make his next move. Though, he was fascinated with these shooters that had showed up, and that monster as well. Where had they come from? And was it something he could sweep into his arms?

He walked through the desolate campus, smirking to himself. With any luck, Aileen's own mission was going smoothly.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Wringing her wrist anxiously, the stranger shrugged. "I... don't know. She just asked me to give that to you. She was kind of scary, so I... didn't ask any questions. Sorry."

Discretely tapping a button on her smartwatch, Blind- or just Emily Torres, now- sent a message to both Marina and Dhriti.
1024 south ferryman st. 10 pm tonight. a team is getting to the bottom of the gentech and dru incidents. meet me at 1022 at 9:30 if unsure. OvO

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti nodded solemnly from the information, expression becoming deeply sorrowful. "Oh... shit. That's... that's horrible... poor girl..."

With a deep sigh, Dhriti resumed leading the group discreetly through the campus, and after a few more minutes of wandering, the group was spat out on a side street near one of the campus' park structures. "Okay... there's not too many cops on this side of the school... if we keep a low profile we should be able to get out of here without much hindrance."

Dhriti turned around to look at those assembled. "Any of you hurt? There's a clinic I know that'd be good to take you all to..."

Dhriti suddenly felt the burner phone the strange masked woman gave her vibrate. She took a quick peek at it to see, eyebrow raised in confusion. How had she even gotten a message? She literally just got this phone!
1024 south ferryman st. 10 pm tonight. a team is getting to the bottom of the gentech and dru incidents. meet me at 1022 at 9:30 if unsure. OvO
Ominous text to say the least - a random address from an anonymous person. Cute little symbol though. Dhriti let out a sigh, mentally mulling it over, before she looked back to the others to see what their answers ultimately were...

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina's attention snapped to Seisshia as she began to speak again, and felt a spike of anxiousness once she mentioned that people had seen her true form. She'd almost forgotten about the news helicopters buzzing around the campus that had likely filmed the whole thing. Her secret was out now; to the whole campus and probably the whole city by now. She sighed and covered her face with her hands, before slowly pulling them down. As much as she hated to admit it, Seisshia had a point: Sierra was in no condition to get caught up in all this. Hell, the doctors didn't even want just one visitor seeing her, so a whole crowd would be a nightmare.

"Nightmare. Ha. As if I'm not already living in one..." Marina thought to herself.

Right as she opened her mouth to acknowledge Seisshia's point, the burner phone in her hand suddenly vibrated and caught her off guard. Looking down at it, the small blue screen on the front of the phone indicated that it had received a new message. She stared at the screen for a moment, before reluctantly opening it and navigating her way to the inbox where the message awaited her. She looked up at Seisshia and held up a finger.

"Excuse me for a moment" she said before redirecting her gaze back on the screen.

Opening the message, she began to read its contents which included an address to "1024 South Ferryman Street", a time, and a cryptic message about a "team" working on getting to the bottom of the GenTech and DRU incidents. Additionally, there was an alternate address and time with a strange character reminiscent of an owl. She went out on a limb and assumed that this was directly from the strange woman who had helped save Sierra earlier, seeing as she was the one who made sure she received it. Something else caught her attention as well: the style and character at the end all felt vaguely familiar, as if she'd seen something like this before. Then it hit her: the person who messaged her last night similarly ended their messages with a character resembling a fly or a bee. Coincidentally, or not, the mystery texter from last night also mentioned GenTech's in what happened to Franklin. She had two people, presumably affiliated with one another, offering her answers and she had no idea if she was going to trust them or not. In typical Marina fashion she began to catastrophize, fearing that the whole thing could be a trap to kidnap her or something of the like. After all, her secret was out now and her biological parents had told tales of her kind being captured or killed by humans. Still the desire for answers pushed her more and more towards accepting the invitation. She took a deep breath and pushed the negative thoughts out of her head before typing up a short reply of her own.

"9:30. I'll be there." she typed, before hitting send.

She chose the alternate time and place since she was still very much "unsure" about all this. She presumed the stranger from earlier would be at this time and location, and she'd rather go with someone who she was somewhat acquainted with than someone she'd never met at all.
ImageImage