Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by StardustGenius »

Well taking out stock footage he's been in every Gamera reboot. I think its hard to disassociate Gamera from Gyaos. He's like a perfect rival monster for Gamera. He's not stronger, but he is way more vicious. I WANT to see a Reiwa era Gyaos.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:46 am Looks like Gamera 2023 drops in April and Gamera Monsters A and B drop in June.

Fire Rodan is also coming as is Monster X
That's exciting, are there any images of Monster X yet?
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:18 pm
king_ghidorah wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:46 am Looks like Gamera 2023 drops in April and Gamera Monsters A and B drop in June.

Fire Rodan is also coming as is Monster X
That's exciting, are there any images of Monster X yet?
Nah, and it still be a while. We haven't even seen photos of the stuff coming out before any of that does (GFW Heodrah, Baragon, Ebirah, etc)

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

And that’s why I think Gyaos will return. It’s kind of an essential element of the series at this point.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Yeah; Gyaos has become expected I think. Even if it's reduced to a cameo, I expect Gyaos won't be ignored.
Legion1979 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:25 pm Nah, and it still be a while. We haven't even seen photos of the stuff coming out before any of that does (GFW Heodrah, Baragon, Ebirah, etc)
I suspect the photos for those will come soon though, probably around late December or January. They're scheduled for February I think?

I'm hoping Manda and Ebirah don't disappoint; both designs could really lend themselves to cool and colorful figures, but I honestly have no idea what to expect for either.

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

I don't know if it will happen but I would love to see a new updated version of Barugon.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Problem is Manda will most likely be a Shish Kebab in terms of pose if the SP one is anything to go by.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:19 pm Problem is Manda will most likely be a Shish Kebab in terms of pose if the SP one is anything to go by.
That's my worry too. Although the candy toy Bandai did of Manda '04 makes me hopeful that this won't be the case (it's a lot more serpent-like). The SP version also doesn't really move around much in the show itself; it looks and moves more like a shark than a serpent from what I remember.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MMS Monster X... After new Manda, Hedorah and FW Godzilla, and joining the Gigan release? Are... Are they doing the whole cast?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:17 pm MMS Monster X... After new Manda, Hedorah and FW Godzilla, and joining the Gigan release? Are... Are they doing the whole cast?
They just might. New Keizer Ghiddy incoming?
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

CyberZilla wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:17 pm MMS Monster X... After new Manda, Hedorah and FW Godzilla, and joining the Gigan release? Are... Are they doing the whole cast?
Already prepared for the bitching about scaling.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:03 pm
CyberZilla wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm
Already prepared for the bitching about scaling.
As inevitable as the sun rising in the morning. If it’s imposing enough on a shelf with sufficient detail, I’ll be okay with it. I need a proper Keizer Ghidorah that’s more affordable than the older Bandai figure, anyways.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

FW Hedorah is one I forgot about. And it would scale really nicely with whatever Final Goji you have be it SHMA or MMS. FW Hedorah's suit was pretty undersized compared to the hulking behemoth from the Showa movies.

Keiser Ghidorah would probably be of similar size to the Mother Legion from last year. Who knows though, the final boss from Ultraman Decker had their toy leaked last week and it's going to scale at over 180mm (7 inches or so). Who is to say Bandai might make an exception for Keiser Ghidorah. Of all of these FW releases planned, Manda is the one I am apprehensive about the most. I hope the sculptor takes ideas from how serpent shaped kaiju are done in the Ultra line.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

With the way they’ve been painting their figures recently I just don’t feel they’d put the effort into that specific aspect of Keizer. And if their MMS Biollante is anything to go by… well let’s hope they scale it closer to that recent MMS Legion release.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Legion is a relatively compact monster despite the appendages. Kaiser Ghidirah has three heads, four legs, two tails and wings. They're going to have to get that guy down under a certain size the same way they did back in 2004.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

What's the source on all these figures? I know figure leaks are way more accurate/likely than other movie leaks, because it's less of a secret and it's not a big deal if people know, but I just want to know before I get excited.

Anyways, happy about both Monster X, Fire Rodan, and the Gamera crew if this is all true. Monster X MMS figures are ridiculously expensive secondhand, and it's a shame considering Monster X's unique profile and coloration. While GFW certainly is one of my least favorite Godzilla films, I adore Monster X's design and look forward to adding him to my collection, right next to Gigan 2004. Fire Rodan is cool, even though I have an old Bandai of him. Excited about the new Gamera figures too.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:40 pm What's the source on all these figures? I know figure leaks are way more accurate/likely than other movie leaks, because it's less of a secret and it's not a big deal if people know, but I just want to know before I get excited.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong (Legion, if you would? :P ) but Western dealers find out from Japanese listings shared by Japanese dealers. Kind of like how US collectors find out about upcoming Transformers or Marvel Legends figures from Walmart computer listings, for example.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

I am very excited these leaks! Hopefully that means we are getting the whole line up. Zilla, Ebirah, King Cesar, Kumonga, etc!!

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

So we've had Mothra 2003/04 reissued as well as Anguirus 2004 and Rodan 2004... we have Godzilla 2004, Hedorah 2004 and Manda 2004 coming out soon... now rumors of Monster X coming up... that brings us to 7/15 for the Godzilla: Final Wars roster at the very least in the 6" scale, four of them new next year alone. Consider also that Manda and Hedorah were not terribly significant in the film itself compared to many of the yet-to-be-made monsters, and it certainly looks like we should be getting more than we're recieving.

Minilla, Upgraded Gigan and Keizer Ghidorah already exist in the 8" scale which makes new versions of those designs feel more likely. That leaves Zilla, King Caesar, Ebirah, Kamacuras and Kumonga, and we've seen almost all of those in smaller scales from Bandai as well, but notably, Zilla, Kamacuras and Kumonga would be all-new kaiju, whereas Ebirah 1966 is debuting first and we have a very old King Caesar mold. I have to say Ebirah feels like the least likely one for obvious reasons.

I think it's very possible we see them finish this roster by Godzilla: Final Wars... twentieth anniversary? Jesus, has it been that long?

This is all purely coincidence but Varan, Showa Baragon and Megaguirius all made stock footage apperances in the film, alongside Titanosaurus, Gezora and Gaira.

While we're at it, I'd also mention we're at 5/11 for the Destroy All Monsters roster, or 9/11 if we allow for alternate incarnations of monsters, with Kumonga and Minilla in common between both rosters, although I'd welcome proper Showa incarnations of Rodan, Minilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Manda and Kumonga.

As for the last statistic, seeing Fire Rodan, King Ghidorah 91, and Mecha93 back on shelves will bring us to 8/12 of the original Godzilla Island 6" scale releases, with Godzilla '92, Mothra '92, Anguirus '68 and King Caesar the remaining figures that need a re-release or update.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Showcase Daikaiju just shipped my MMS Gemstone Godzilla and Gigan Rex.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?