Marvel Cinematic Universe

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.

Which are your favorites (so far)?

Iron Man (2008)
9%
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
1%
Iron Man 2 (2010)
1%
Thor (2011)
1%
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
4%
The Avengers (2012)
8%
Iron Man 3 (2013)
1%
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
1%
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
9%
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
9%
The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
2%
Ant-Man (2015)
1%
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
6%
Doctor Strange (2016)
2%
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (2017)
4%
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
3%
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
7%
Black Panther (2018)
2%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
11%
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
1%
Captain Marvel (2019)
1%
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
9%
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
4%

Total votes: 403

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post by LegendZilla »

SteveIrwinFan96 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:56 pm In other news, the Blade reboot loses its director Bassam Tariq: https://comicbookmovie.com/blade/blade- ... er-a197034
I think they’re totally gonna fuck this one up.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Daredevil made another return to the MCU with She-Hulk. I have many gripes about this series, but how they portrayed Matt Murdock is not one of them, he was pretty perfect.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Ok, so I really haven't given a darn about the MCU since Endgame, but I just watched the GotG holiday special, and now more than anything I want to see a movie with The Gobots, and how they killed Drax' cousin :lol: .
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Gobots? Now I have to actually watch this special…

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Guardians projects have been so special and their holiday special is no exception. One of my favorite Marvel projects this year easily. My only wish was that it was longer for even more of Mantis and Drax, I really enjoy their dynamic and getting to see more of their interactions.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Guardians Vol. 3

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

GOTG3 will break me, and I’m okay with that.

Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone think it would be interesting if a movie featured Wakanda undergoing a republican movement? That being a political faction within the country seeking to abolish the monarchy in favor of an elected head of state.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

AntMan & TW: QM was the worst movie I've ever seen. & I've seen a bunch of Syfy originals. Just a big ol' CGI overload. Just got on my phone a good way through. Hope my brother doesn't drag me into watching more superhero movies, at least none with "Kang" or multiverses.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Spoiler:
Tom Holland is rumored to be the new leader of the Avengers going forward. Take with a grain of salt because of course it didn't come from Marvel but some comic book scooper are reporting as such and he will be the lead in Kang Dynasty.
Just in case. Rumor.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:41 am
Spoiler:
Tom Holland is rumored to be the new leader of the Avengers going forward. Take with a grain of salt because of course it didn't come from Marvel but some comic book scooper are reporting as such and he will be the lead in Kang Dynasty.
Just in case. Rumor.
Spoiler:
so making him a pure street level hero was for nothing :shock:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Quantumania was a rly weird movie and felt rly disconnected as part of its trilogy. However, I did think it was enjoyable… just not as cohesive as I’d like. Didn’t really develop the new supporting cast, CGI was usually good or passable, Kang was great, Scott and Cassie’s dynamic was good. Wish they had gone a few steps further to really cement it as solid and special.

Resized Image

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I loved Quantumania. It felt like an old school adventure flick. Retro science fiction.

I haven't seen Strange2 or Thor2, but everything film-wise of ph4 I saw was good, and Strange2 seems fairly popular, it's just not my own taste. I like what I saw of the shows but a lot of them I haven't finished.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Surprised this hasn't been talked about more, Bernthal is back.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235342229/
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

EDIT: So uh, Jon Majors got in some hefty trouble. Things might be looking up for him though?

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/ ... _criminal/
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Working on Love and Thunder right now. I'm half an hour in, and oof. There was potential but Taika Waititi has zero ability to realize any of it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:18 am Working on Love and Thunder right now. I'm half an hour in, and oof. There was potential but Taika Waititi has zero ability to realize any of it.
It’s so jarring going from Ragnarok to LaT because of how little Taika seems to care for the latter. I was so excited for the storylines and they were so undercooked or sidelined in the final product in favor of cheap jokes… I knew it was going to be a comedy, but I thought it would be like Ragnarok, where you still are engaged in the story. There was no reason for me to care about the story because of how little they cared to make the villain compelling aside from the opening scene.

Resized Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, nothing carried any real weight. And it could have! They were playing with religion, here. The most powerful thing there is. There was room for comedy; I actually really liked the kids being empowered. But as usual, we mostly just got lousy writing and a half-baked series of agonizingly bad jokes kicking the feet out from under any actual impact this could have had.

I will say I'm glad they didn't go the route I initially expected. I was pretty sure they were going to kill/depower Thor and replace him with Jane. At least we don't have to suffer through that. Natalie Portman just... wasn't going to cut it as Thor. At all.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Morena Baccarin is officially in talks to reprise her role as Vanessa in Deadpool 3. Honestly think that's great news.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:49 pm Does anyone think it would be interesting if a movie featured Wakanda undergoing a republican movement? That being a political faction within the country seeking to abolish the monarchy in favor of an elected head of state.
Yes °°°