Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by miguelnuva »

vastatosaurus wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:21 pm https://www.instagram.com/p/ClgNOznMj_p ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Welp, it seems KDM is debunking your cousin's source miguelnuva.
What I repeated was old out the windows plans anyway. Legendary did a course correct after kotm. Even so it wouldn't be the first wrong info from them. I just find it funny KDM thought that post was worth debunking.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
Cookson wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:31 pm Twitter is unbearable with the Sony news. The Monsterverse stays with WB.. for now at least. It’s not a bad thing for legendary either. It sounds like Dune part two and the GvK sequel will be WBs final LP films. Any future Monsterverse films will likely be distributed by Sony. Which actually might turn out to be healthy for the MV’s future.

Anyway… it all starts again with a year of news/trailers and all that in 2023. I’m pretty interested in seeing where this movie takes us.
No Monsterverse is still staying with WB going foreword according to deadline.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Cookson wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:31 pm Twitter is unbearable with the Sony news. The Monsterverse stays with WB.. for now at least. It’s not a bad thing for legendary either. It sounds like Dune part two and the GvK sequel will be WBs final LP films. Any future Monsterverse films will likely be distributed by Sony. Which actually might turn out to be healthy for the MV’s future.

Anyway… it all starts again with a year of news/trailers and all that in 2023. I’m pretty interested in seeing where this movie takes us.
The MonsterVerse franchise is staying at WB, even after GAK. Same for Dune.

Any new films after the upcoming slate will release with WB.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollyw ... 23847/amp/

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:45 pm
Spuro wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:31 pm
dillonking55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:03 pm Legendary is officially moving to Sony. The MonsterVerse & Dune franchise will remain at WB

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 43325/amp/
Well, shit. Bad ending right there.
Why would that make a difference?
Have you seen Warner Brothers lately?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Spuro wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:24 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:45 pm
Spuro wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:31 pm

Well, shit. Bad ending right there.
Why would that make a difference?
Have you seen Warner Brothers lately?
to be fair they've been a mess for a while now with the monsterverse somehow keeping its head above water unlike most of DC properties

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I feel absolutely nothing about giant media conglomerates, but it does confirm something that's important: the MV/Godzilla is an important franchise that WB sees value in retaining and continuing, rather than just letting Legendary run away with it. I think that is a good indicator of the MV's health. One could say the MV is more healthy overall than all the DC films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:49 pm I feel absolutely nothing about giant media conglomerates, but it does confirm something that's important: the MV/Godzilla is an important franchise that WB sees value in retaining and continuing, rather than just letting Legendary run away with it. I think that is a good indicator of the MV's health. One could say the MV is more healthy overall than all the DC films.
Godzilla is their third most important franchise and maybe even their second now. They shelved Harry Potter and I don't know what's going on with the conjuring. As long as this film doesn't flop we'll get at least one more in that case.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:49 pm I feel absolutely nothing about giant media conglomerates, but it does confirm something that's important: the MV/Godzilla is an important franchise that WB sees value in retaining and continuing, rather than just letting Legendary run away with it. I think that is a good indicator of the MV's health. One could say the MV is more healthy overall than all the DC films.

someone with editing skills make a video of the clip of g14 swimming shot over head with the smaller ships flanking him, but you know MV as the big thing and then the rest of the dc and co scrubs

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I'd like it if they brought Bear McCreary back. the music in GvK was disappointing after what we got in KotM
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Godzilla is their third most important franchise and maybe even their second now. They shelved Harry Potter and I don't know what's going on with the conjuring. As long as this film doesn't flop we'll get at least one more in that case.
The Monsterverse is far cooler and more unique than those stupid Conjuring movies anyway. Oh boy, more generic-ass poltergeist and haunted doll movies that resort to the same “jump scare” formula as nearly every other ghost movie that exists
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Godzilla vs Kong brought some goodwill to the franchise that's been missing since, well, 2014. As mentioned above, I think the franchise is pretty important to WB right now. The Zaz-man would have let it go if it wasn't.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

We can probably say goodbye to the Skull Island Anime. The new CEO of WB hates animation.

The Momarch show will also probably get moved to HBO fucking Max. Most of the world won’t be able to enjoy it then. And if Skull Island’s anime survives by some miracle, it’ll probably be moved there too.

I still don’t see how this isn’t terrible news.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Spuro wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:45 am We can probably say goodbye to the Skull Island Anime. The new CEO of WB hates animation.

The Momarch show will also probably get moved to HBO fucking Max. Most of the world won’t be able to enjoy it then. And if Skull Island’s anime survives by some miracle, it’ll probably be moved there too.

I still don’t see how this isn’t terrible news.
The Skull Island anime is on Netflix and the Monarch show is on Apple TV. Separate productions with different distributors. Those shows aren't affected.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Handsome Shrek
JXSDF Technician

Post by Handsome Shrek »

It's dumb as hell that they are putting their Monsterverse content on different streaming services instead of just consolidating it into one. They have the movies on HBO Max, the new live action show on Apple TV, and the anime series on Netflix.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:45 pm It's dumb as hell that they are putting their Monsterverse content on different streaming services instead of just consolidating it into one. They have the movies on HBO Max, the new live action show on Apple TV, and the anime series on Netflix.
Could be worse. None of this could be happening.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Right, because of the way the world has so many legal agreements with distribution this is just how it goes. I am curious as to why there hasn't been much news regarding what the shows are about.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Easy they're still filming the live action series and Netflix is notorious for not marketing there content alongside the fact that it's animated so not set photos to work off of.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:49 am The Monsterverse is far cooler and more unique than those stupid Conjuring movies anyway. Oh boy, more generic-ass poltergeist and haunted doll movies that resort to the same “jump scare” formula as nearly every other ghost movie that exists
Different strokes for different folks. One could just as easily say that the Monsterverse is "more generic ass giant monster vs giant monster vs giant robot movies that resort to the same formula as nearly every other Godzilla movie that exists."

Of course, I don't PERSONALLY agree with that, but the point is that generic jump scare movies can be fun in the same way giant monster movies with little substance can be fun.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ This. Kaiju fans are the very last people who should be criticizing other genres for rehashing the same old methods and ideas.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

JAGzilla wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:04 am ^ This. Kaiju fans are the very last people who should be criticizing other genres for rehashing the same old methods and ideas.
I laugh everytime I hear a Godzilla fan say a franchise needs to die, it has too many sequels.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Yeah agreed I would say that the first two Conjuring filmd are better than anything the MonsterVerse has churned out. One of the reasons why I've always hoped that James Wan would direct a MonsterVerse film.
Last edited by DynomikeGojira on Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.