Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Shoot, no processing email for me yet. Wonder if I'm at the back of the line...
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Am I SOL if I haven't ordered one from BBTS?

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Got the same email from BBTS. I'm gonna wait until Kong and Rodan arrive before I ship my orders.
Last edited by Legendary Gojira on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

StardustGenius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 pm Am I SOL if I haven't ordered one from BBTS?
Once I saw that Hiya had scrubbed all their GvK stuff from their website, I ordered a Godzilla (and Kong) off Aliexpress as a backup to my BBTS order. I did that just in case BBTS never received theirs, or didn't get their full allotment. And given that I haven't received a processing notice from BBTS yet like others have, I'm not kicking myself for that quite yet.

It costs more to get it from Aliexpress of course, pushing it into low-SHMA price territory, but I feel pretty confident I'll be able to at least get my money back by selling on eBay *if* the BBTS one ever ships.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

I don’t blame you. Once I saw all this stuff going on, I started looking at eBay myself. Luckily, I just got a shipping notice yesterday right after getting the processing email, so it seems BBTS have them in stock.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:08 am
StardustGenius wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 pm Am I SOL if I haven't ordered one from BBTS?
Once I saw that Hiya had scrubbed all their GvK stuff from their website, I ordered a Godzilla (and Kong) off Aliexpress as a backup to my BBTS order. I did that just in case BBTS never received theirs, or didn't get their full allotment. And given that I haven't received a processing notice from BBTS yet like others have, I'm not kicking myself for that quite yet.

It costs more to get it from Aliexpress of course, pushing it into low-SHMA price territory, but I feel pretty confident I'll be able to at least get my money back by selling on eBay *if* the BBTS one ever ships.
OH please tell me how that goes. I am worried AliExpress is a bootleg.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Yeah. Incidentally, I'm wondering whether my Godzilla didn't process yet because I had cancelled a previous order for it, then re-ordered later. It's possible either they didn't get their full allotment of Hiya Godzillas they ordered, in which case they've got nothing to ship to me yet, or because I cancelled and re-ordered later I'm just at the back of the line anyway and will get a notice soon. (That said, the lack of the processing update is concerning, although honestly I've found those emails to be hit and miss generally - sometimes I get them, sometimes stuff just pops up in my PoL.)

Additionally, I tend to preorder and cancel a lot, and so even though I order a *lot* of stuff from BBTS, I have heard - and this is just a rumor, although I've read it in a few different places - that BBTS sometimes pushes people who make a lot of cancellations of preorders to the back of the line when their preorders do come in, and that this is true even for unrelated orders - i.e., if I'm the first person to preorder one item from their site, then preorder and cancel a separate item from their site, they might push me to the back of the line on that first preorder, even though I never made any changes to it.

But again, I have no confirmation for this, it's just a rumor. But even if it is true, I can't really say I would hold it against BBTS. If they prefer to reward their customers who make preorders and never cancel any of them, I can understand that.
Last edited by Poe Ghostal on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:13 am Yeah. Incidentally, I'm wondering whether my Godzilla didn't process yet because I had cancelled a previous order for it, then re-ordered later. It's possible either they didn't get their full allotment of Hiya Godzillas they ordered, in which case they've got nothing to ship to me yet, or because I cancelled and re-ordered later I'm just at the back of the line anyway and will get a notice soon. (That said, the lack of the processing update is concerning, although honestly I've found those emails to be hit and miss generally - sometimes I get them, sometimes stuff just pops up in my PoL.)

Additionally, I tend to preorder and cancel a lot, and so even though I order a *lot* of stuff from BBTS, I have heard - and this is just a rumor, although I've read it in a few different places - that BBTS sometimes pushes people who make a lot of cancellations of preorders to the back of the line when their preorders do come in, and that this is true even for unrelated orders - i.e., if I'm the first person to preorder one item from their site, then preorder and cancel a separate item from their site, they might push me to the back of the line on that first preorder, even though I never made any changes to it.

But again, I have no confirmation for this, it's just a rumor. But even if it is true, I can't really say I would hold it against BBTS. If they prefer to reward their customers who make preorders and never cancel any of them, I can understand that.
I've heard the same rumor although I believe it's more people who cancel items in the POL than pre-orders. If there was really a problem with tons of cancellations, they would revoke the "no hassle cancellation" option or straight-up warn people not to abuse it.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Somebody on AVP Galaxy says they heard that Hiya has lost the license to the Alien series also. I wonder what's happening.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I wish bigbadtoystore would ship my Godzilla which is wired because I pre-ordered day 1.

As sad as it will be if this line to end Godzilla is the crown jewel of the bunch.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

My Godzilla was in the warehouse the day they asked for payment, it’s been shipped and will be here by the 6th I believe. I wonder what’s going on?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I just got mine a few days ago. REALLY REALLY solid figure, I love it! First impression is that it's still behind the SHMA, in terms of articulation. But having a few days to sit on it, I'm not sure how true that is anymore. It certainly looks better on the face, but there are things that bug the shit out of me.

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

Got mine in today. Great figure. Love the scale and the overall look, plus the weight of it. The neck articulation works well enough, but that segmented look is still an eyesore.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

My Hiya Godzilla just hit my Pile of Loot! Woo!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Same here. Glad to have it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Third for POL drop! That's a load off my chest. Even if the rest don't manage to make it out, I sold my SHMA for this guy so I at least need him!

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Honestly, I love the size of this thing. He's literally a handful.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Speaking of Hiya, I can't wait to see Kong because unlike Godzilla it looks like both the SHMA are better options so far.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:17 pm Speaking of Hiya, I can't wait to see Kong because unlike Godzilla it looks like both the SHMA are better options so far.
It also seems to be similar in size. I'm considering cancelling my order because of that.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Oh yeah this definitely tickles my Goji fancy, best in the 6 inch scale. Beefy as he should be.

Added in 9 minutes 37 seconds:
Also, first MV Godzilla besides the large scale ones, to look brolic from head-on?

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira