Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:15 pm More old units being upgraded into leaders?

*Hopeful Anguirus noises.*
Well, Mothra Leo was supposed to be a leader, so there is hope for him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is there a chance Bagan could be added into this game? He has a better chance ad being in another video game than a movie.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Hedorah as a leader is ok, but Desghidorah as a leader is better by a fair margin, and since my EVA 01 is down to lvl one because Season 18 is over, I'm going with Desghidorah as leader.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:31 pm Is there a chance Bagan could be added into this game? He has a better chance ad being in another video game than a movie.
Probably depends on how long the game goes on for. His appearance in Godziban probably upped his odds quite a bit, but then one still has to factor we don't have characters like Baragon or Manda yet. So still quite a bit more familiar characters to go.
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:08 pm Hedorah as a leader is ok...
I think this sums him up. His special is awful, frankly worthless at higher levels of play. What saves him is his regular attack, which deals close to Mechagodzilla's even though Hedorah's can hit multiple units.

Godzilla 1989 and Gigan 1972 are still much better, which makes it hard to invest in Hedorah, but I would say he's better than Mechagodzilla 1993 at least even if MG has a special with some minor utility to it.
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:08 pm... but Desghidorah as a leader is better by a fair margin...
Desghidorah's attack is on the meh side, about equal to Ultraman (which means only Biollante, Shin Godzilla and Ultima do less damage). However, his special where you get some quick free energy is fantastic. I think he is one of the better leaders. As long as you can provide him good cover, that free energy can turn the tides in quite a few battles.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

I highly agree with Desghidorah's free energy ability being really good, but the damage that it does is king of trash, but that isn't the point, overall decent abilit, and for only 1 energy as well.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Honestly they're both pretty meh. Desghidorah and Hedorah work much better as units than leaders. Their special ability would be more useful if it spanned the entire board. Hedorah's could slow enemy units while dealing acid damage, and Desghidorah's could inflict burn damage.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:46 amTheir special ability would be more useful if it spanned the entire board... and Desghidorah's could inflict burn damage.
Shin Godzilla's special already spans the whole board and inflicts burn. Granted, they could have made it an inverse of Shin where Desghidorah gives you energy while Shin subtracts it from the opponent. However, they probably would have increased the energy cost to more than 1 for the whole board effect since Shin's special is 5 energy. It being 1 energy is what makes Desghidorah's current special great, though, as it's an immediate burst of energy when you need it. About to get overrun as a leader and need some defense fast? Special and play someone. Want to rush down a Godzilla Terrestris in the early game but already played an evo unit of your own? Special and go offensive.

Besides, Shin's burn special is nothing to tout. At best it clears the board of swarms which are rare in concentration these days.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Been a while since I ran into a cheater; AK4787 was playing like normal until I got them half dead, then they played a never ending loop of Mothra, Battra, Death Ghidorah, Megaguirus and King Seesar without needing pesky things like energy.
Last edited by Legendary Minya on Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Still holding out hope for a “great cheating!” or “ 17 points of units in 3 seconds, that’s legit!” Sticker although the latter is too lengthy for a sticker I suppose. Happy holidays to all!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:57 pm“ 17 points of units in 3 seconds, that’s legit!”
This would get me to start using stickers again and I'd even spend money to make sure I got it. :lol:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:57 pm Still holding out hope for a “great cheating!” or “ 17 points of units in 3 seconds, that’s legit!” Sticker although the latter is too lengthy for a sticker I suppose. Happy holidays to all!
I'd prefer a regular chat/message function so I could call them every name in the book, but, such is life.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Godzilla vs. Kong collab is returning. Surprised this took so long.

https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 22303.html

Mechagodzilla is obvious, but will we see anybody else? I'd love to see a Skullcrawler in a Godzilla game personally. Other Monsterverse characters in general would be rad; MV Ghidorah, MUTOs... perhaps a Behemoth? Hey, a man can dream.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

I'm hoping for Mothra to be honest, I don't know why, but I think there could be a mechanic where when she dies she gives you something like a health boost or energy boost.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:09 am Godzilla vs. Kong collab is returning. Surprised this took so long.

https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 22303.html

Mechagodzilla is obvious, but will we see anybody else? I'd love to see a Skullcrawler in a Godzilla game personally. Other Monsterverse characters in general would be rad; MV Ghidorah, MUTOs... perhaps a Behemoth? Hey, a man can dream.
Guessing MV MG and KG. Gotta make some money back after taking a break during the Christmas season!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Oh man, I need to get back into this. It's hard for me to stay devoted to mobile games but I gotta say the quality of Battle Lines is really nice, especially the collabs and return of lesser known Toho kaiju.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Wow, SCREW Wave 76. I know we're not supposed to be able to "win them all" and everything, but even with that in mind 76 is hilariously, unnecessarily cruel.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:49 am Wow, SCREW Wave 76. I know we're not supposed to be able to "win them all" and everything, but even with that in mind 76 is hilariously, unnecessarily cruel.
I get insanely greedy on that wave, I can't complete it :lol: Too much piles onto the plate at once. A good train bomb can take care of the MBAW bases, but those flying bombers are extra tanky.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GojiraOverlord
Samurai

Post by GojiraOverlord »

Is it possible to get double 4 star from 12 hour expedition cuz its happened to me twice now
Bagan is the best Kaiju around, change my Mind

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

GojiraOverlord wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:05 am Is it possible to get double 4 star from 12 hour expedition cuz its happened to me twice now
Judging by how I got a G54 and King Ghidorah in one once, I would say yes.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:00 am
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:49 am Wow, SCREW Wave 76. I know we're not supposed to be able to "win them all" and everything, but even with that in mind 76 is hilariously, unnecessarily cruel.
I get insanely greedy on that wave, I can't complete it :lol: Too much piles onto the plate at once. A good train bomb can take care of the MBAW bases, but those flying bombers are extra tanky.
I have the exact same issue! Once I start seeing all those bases come out I start salivating thinking of all the enemies to defeat.... and then get greedy and overwhelmed. It's super easy to get trapped thanks to the buffed bombers this update. I hate how close the Markalite Cannons are at the start too as it prevents placing some units early to help slow down the waves.

Took me three tries on it this morning, but finally beat it thanks to a combo of Kiryu + Ultraman + Dimension Tide (played when the bombers were almost on top) and then cycling through units to sponge damage. Hedorah is pretty effective at taking out the waves, just gotta give him a shield to prevent stun lock.

Very hard wave. Ultraman is probably the key to beating it thanks to his piercing attack and being immune to stun, but he still needs considerable back up.