Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Petezilla wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:58 pm What happened to the BANDAI Ultra Monster Series...? They kept churning out stuff on an (almost) weekly basis, but there's been nothing new for weeks and no new releases are known about. The last time I remember this happening was back in 2013 when BANDAI suddenly switched their Ultra figures from 6" to the 4,5"/5" scale.
It's been long discontinued and replaced by what were originally called Spark Dolls, but are now just known as Ultra Hero/Monster Series 500. We get the occaisonal DX figure, which is generally 6/7 inches in most cases. Like the DX King of Mons is bigger than the old one, as is the DX Gatanozoa... Thor, whatever you call him.

I love the Spark Doll size and price lol.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I think he knows all of this already. He means what's going on with it in the past few weeks.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:56 pm I think he knows all of this already. He means what's going on with it in the past few weeks.
You mean the MMS stuff for Shin Ultraman? I just chalked that up to it being a "Shin" movie and having Toho involvement.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

No, I'm pretty sure he asking about what passes for the "standard" Ultramonster line these days.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

The Godzilla and Gigan Rex figures are beginning to ship from Godzilla Store. The Osaka location posted this to Twitter:

Personally not sure how I feel about these; I liked the short but kind of mixed on the designs. I'm curious how long these will be in circulation for.

Last edited by Creature22 on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I never really liked the GFW Gigan design, but compared to Rex I'm starting to love it.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I'm not feeling it either; I understand the whole thing started as a fan film but that just makes it more surreal than anything now that they've been made into official figures. The Godzilla looks pretty good though.

Another shot, from an account on Twitter. The tags feature no photos, just the name and Movie Monster Series logo (similar to the Mega Movie Monster Series tags for the Shin Ultraman figures).

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Both Godzilla Junior and Gigan look awesome, very retro-futuristic.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I didn't like the designs as much but they translate into good toys, I would say, especially the Godzilla.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Looking nice! They lend themselves to toy form pretty good.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Getting ready to ship my first order. Rex Jr Varan and Megagurius are all ready.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I have Gigan Rex and Godzilla “Junior” in my possession. Both are nice, but having Gigan Rex in person made me realize how stumpy his legs are. Although it’s the same size as the other figures, both of them feel much smaller than the likes of the Godzilla SP stuff and Varan. Gigan Rex also is a nice color that as we predicted stands out amongst the crowd of silver, blackish green, and other standard monster colors.

Love them both, but they’re interesting to say the least.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I like how they look, but only Gigan Rex feels like a must have for me. Maybe I’ll try and get the Godzilla (Junior) as well, but the figure doesn’t pop as much, even if the design is pretty neat.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

theoneandonlyvaran
Young Farmer

Post by theoneandonlyvaran »

if i have two packages from buyee, would it be cheaper to consolidate?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Rodan is meh. Angilas is cool.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

They’re cute for sure. But if I’m honest, it’s a little disappointing we get these rather than actual modern MMS Showa Rodan and Angilas.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I wonder how big these will be in hand; the other Godziban stuff is quite small so I assume it will be similar.

Shin Kamen Rider is also getting several figures (light eyes, red eyes, and trench coat).

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Shin Kamen Rider? Is every Japanese franchise getting a “Shin” update now?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

canofhumdingers wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:39 am Shin Kamen Rider? Is every Japanese franchise getting a “Shin” update now?
Been reported about a year and a half ago yo!

EDIT: OH SHIT I DIDN'T NOTICE THE RODAN AND ANGUIRUS! Both are cute! Bipdel stance for an Anguirus? Pretty rare huh?
Last edited by StardustGenius on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.