Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Legendary Minya »

Shenanigans wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:10 pm Evangelion crossover next. November 3rd.

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 3535313920

Adding a non-Godzilla character to the game is certainly one way to celebrate Godzilla day, but I guess I'll take it.
This both sucks and makes me happy because I don't care so I won't waste time in trying to unlock it.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Their answer to making you at rank 1100+ face off vs top 50 3 matches in a row is to throw you up against a bot fir the 4th match……. Some sweet games been coming out

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Not sure this update was anything more than a cash grab. RIP

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Let me clarify, to reset some existing levels without supplying the gold to level them was a cash grab and not cool

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Just saw a new 1, my opponent’s leader moved toward mine at the start of the match but he couldn’t place monsters I’m assuming because they never set one down. Weird stuff

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Holy hell, Eva Unit-01's special move as a leader can nearly one shot my entire team. That's insane. :shock:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:46 pm Holy hell, Eva Unit-01's special move as a leader can nearly one shot my entire team. That's insane. :shock:
Yeah EVA is slightly over tuned. He has the best ability in the game, which one would think they would then balance him by making his attack weak for a leader. But yet he has higher damage per second than few other single attackers, like Destoroyah and Fire Rodan.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Just got EVA 01, good lord, I love that leader ability, all Goji Earths will fall at my hands now. But seriously, that is freaking broken, also think Sachiel is kind of mid, especially with the lack of ability to hit flyers or anything above a short range.

Added in 1 minute 46 seconds:
Sachiel's self-destruct if kind of ok, he's basically a worse version of Burning Godzilla

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Can we get a “sweet cheats” or “way to cheat!” Sticker next time?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:15 pmCan we get a “sweet cheats” or “way to cheat!” Sticker next time?
I know they never would, but I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been wanting a sticker for this for ages now.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Fiercethedragon drops fire Godzilla,Godzilla earth, ultima ,and energy tank all within about 15 seconds while I get 9 points of monsters down. Good stuff there. Don’t get what possible joy you can get out of a cheat win. Never understood it

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Might also be nice if they addressed the way people take cheat like advantage of the “waiting for opponent to connect” crap and oh I don’t know, maybe actually freeze the match until they reconnect. But what’s my opinion matter, I don’t spend enough to matter I suppose

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

I know my posts are mostly complaints but I do like this game a lot, but it needs a few tweaks also. I love Godzilla and there isn’t a Xbox console game with him atm ( since there’s no Gigabash on Xbox yet which sucks come dec when he enters it). This mobile game is tons of fun with some frustration at times but I’m still here kicking tail and getting my tail kicked.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Okay, so, as someone who has been part of the Godzilla fandom for decades and is well aware of the third incarnation of Mechagodzilla and all its various alternate names ever since Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. came out oh so many years ago... What the hell is "Kiryu Kai?"

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:36 pm Okay, so, as someone who has been part of the Godzilla fandom for decades and is well aware of the third incarnation of Mechagodzilla and all its various alternate names ever since Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. came out oh so many years ago... What the hell is "Kiryu Kai?"
Kai can mean Restoration or Recovery, so I’m assuming that’s why they named it that. But I’ve never heard it either.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:36 pm Okay, so, as someone who has been part of the Godzilla fandom for decades and is well aware of the third incarnation of Mechagodzilla and all its various alternate names ever since Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. came out oh so many years ago... What the hell is "Kiryu Kai?"
This one caught me by surprise too. Even just a few years ago they were calling it Mechagodzilla 2003 still, although in general it feels like Toho is warming up to using the Kiryu name more regularly. Still, I figured they just would have gone with "Kiryu 2003".

I haven't done a conclusive search, but believe this month is the first time we are seeing the name "Kiryu Kai" in English. Both for this game and also on the Aoshima figure that came out this month:

If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Gotta love Toho just making things up as they go along.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Notice of balance adjustment, among other things: https://godzillagames.jp/battle_line/ne ... 12801.html

In short, Hedorah and Desghidorah can now be Leader types; Stealth Bomber, Hedorah, Shin (form 2) and Battra are receiving buffs; and no new battle pieces for December. This is going to be a very quiet season.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

I wonder if Desghidorah will be a viable leader, seeing as he’s the 4-Star they keep throwing pieces at us. Could mean he’s not that good.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

More old units being upgraded into leaders?

*Hopeful Anguirus noises.*