Gorgo is coming back

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Gorgo is coming back

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Gorgo is coming back

Post by Gigantis »

Uh.. wow. Couldn't say I saw that one coming.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

The Charlton comics are getting reprinted too.
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:42 pm The Charlton comics are getting reprinted too.
The entire Gorgo series and the spin-off miniseries, or just some issues of both?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Wow, first Gamera and now this.

What a time to be alive.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I wonder what old-school giant monster they’ll bring back next. Maybe South Korea finally bring back Yongary.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Knew about the action figure. Not the animated feature. I have the hardcover collection of Steve Ditko's work on Charlton Comics' GORGO. There was a rumor that Edger Wright, on the heels of SHAUN OF THE DEAD, was supposedly interested in remaking the original film. Always thought Toho could've gotten the rights to feature Gorgo, or his mother running up against Godzilla himself at a bargain. Glad to see this news. Wonder if this means it'll lead up John Carpenter's college film, GODZILLA Vs. GORGO might finally see the light of day.

On writing this, I have to as anyone else here snag any of Titanic Creations kaiju figures ? What do you think of them ?
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The One and Only wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:25 am Knew about the action figure. Not the animated feature. I have the hardcover collection of Steve Ditko's work on Charlton Comics' GORGO. There was a rumor that Edger Wright, on the heels of SHAUN OF THE DEAD, was supposedly interested in remaking the original film. Always thought Toho could've gotten the rights to feature Gorgo, or his mother running up against Godzilla himself at a bargain. Glad to see this news. Wonder if this means it'll lead up John Carpenter's college film, GODZILLA Vs. GORGO might finally see the light of day.

On writing this, I have to as anyone else here snag any of Titanic Creations kaiju figures ? What do you think of them ?
I have their Titancus and it's nice. They're remaking it and Gorgo with articulation however.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

mikelcho wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:10 pm
Mr. Yellow wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:42 pm The Charlton comics are getting reprinted too.
The entire Gorgo series and the spin-off miniseries, or just some issues of both?
All of it according to PSArtbooks.

They’re also doing Konga and possibly Reptilicus.

Titanic also teased projects with Konga and Reptilicus…
"Monsters are tragic beings. They are born too tall, too strong, too heavy. They are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy. They do not attack people because they want to, but because of their size and strength, mankind has no other choice but to defend himself. After several stories such as this, people end up having a kind of affection for the monsters. They end up caring about them." - Ishiro Honda

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Mr. Yellow wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:30 am
mikelcho wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:10 pm
All of it according to PSArtbooks.

They’re also doing Konga and possibly Reptilicus.

Titanic also teased projects with Konga and Reptilicus…
Ooooh, great!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I block social media pages for productivity, can someone explain what this is, is it just reprinting the comics?
He Jock it Made of Steel

Mr. Yellow
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Yellow »

A new articulated figure, sequel graphic
novel and animated special.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

This is great news.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Titanic creations has now confirmed Gorgo is going to be placed in their Titanicus universe starting with the comic Soul Wars.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

For some reason I couldn't find the part of the link that mentioned the comics or animated special, just the toy figure, but holy crap Gorgo! Never thought I'd see this kaiju return in any way. It might not be a feature film, which would be the ideal, but I'll gladly take an animated special. I've enjoyed plenty of animated shorts and specials, although I can't think of a kaiju one I've ever seen off the bat. Might also nab the reprints of the old comic books too.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

The Monster Report fan trailer for GORGO with all this Gorgo news sweeping the net.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'm really excited because they hinted at the Giant Claw, Reptilicus and Yonggary next if this works out.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Until it comes, we'll be Waiting for Gorgo.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:19 am I'm really excited because they hinted at the Giant Claw, Reptilicus and Yonggary next if this works out.
You know, as much flack as The Giant Claw gets (kinda rightly) for the hilarious design, it's actually not a bad movie for the genre during that era. And as goofy looking as that design is, it's kinda what gives it the lasting charm it does have.

That said I'm most excited for Reptilicus as it's one of the earliest giant monster movies I remember watching on tv as a kid. Not the best or most original film, but there's something to be said for that kind of nostalgia. As silly as the effects were even back then, as a kindergartener or perhaps even preschooler seeing people gobbled up by a giant monster is always a little frightening and memorable. And the ending where you knew the leg could regenerate the monster back really stuck with me.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:09 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:19 am I'm really excited because they hinted at the Giant Claw, Reptilicus and Yonggary next if this works out.
You know, as much flack as The Giant Claw gets (kinda rightly) for the hilarious design, it's actually not a bad movie for the genre during that era. And as goofy looking as that design is, it's kinda what gives it the lasting charm it does have.

That said I'm most excited for Reptilicus as it's one of the earliest giant monster movies I remember watching on tv as a kid. Not the best or most original film, but there's something to be said for that kind of nostalgia. As silly as the effects were even back then, as a kindergartener or perhaps even preschooler seeing people gobbled up by a giant monster is always a little frightening and memorable. And the ending where you knew the leg could regenerate the monster back really stuck with me.
Same. Reptilicus was my first non Godzilla kaiju film. I even thought Manda was Reptilicus the first time I saw Destroy all Monsters.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image