Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Kaijucifer »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:48 am
DynomikeGojira wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:41 am Paramount or Sony would only be the distribution partners if Legendary moves and besides I still don't see WB letting the MV go which happened the last time although granted there was no David Zaslav at the time.
WB can't stop the MV from going they can only stop Legendary from directly showing clips of the WB films.

Added in 57 seconds:
JAGzilla wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:06 am
Sammy19 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:10 am
Not worried about Godzilla cause Toho is protective of their child.
That's the problem. If Paramount hesitates to play by Toho's rules, Toho is very likely to take their ball and go home. Which would be better than risking another GINO, admittedly.
Toho's rules are almost as destructive as G98 was to Godzilla as a character.
This. Toho has shown that they cant be trusted to force everything to be like Shin these days. Im tired of bland, emotionless, and frankly, stupid and unexpressive Godzillas that Toho has been making.

Added in 4 minutes 12 seconds:
Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:23 pm I would highly doubt those dos and don'ts said to make him like Shin Godzilla, Ultima, Earth, etc. Especially considering the Monsterverse predates them.
Thankfully. Toho is on my shitlist until they prove me wrong with Godzilla Zero that they can do more than bland unexpressive Godzillas that are treated more like living props than actual characters these days.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The MV has done a good job of not it going there but now I think it's time Godzilla and Kong come to New York.

Kong needs to go to his stomping grounds and Godzilla didn't have a good outing last time.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Kaijucifer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:43 pm Thankfully. Toho is on my shitlist until they prove me wrong with Godzilla Zero that they can do more than bland unexpressive Godzillas that are treated more like living props than actual characters these days.
Is that the actual name of the new Toho movie?

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

A brief interview with Rebecca Hall, the new piece of info as far as I can tell is that her character will apparently interact with Bernie.
I was really excited to get to work with Brian Tyree Henry who I didn’t get to work with on the last one and this time, we have a lot of stuff together so that was great.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

kaijukurt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:57 pm
A brief interview with Rebecca Hall, the new piece of info as far as I can tell is that her character will apparently interact with Bernie.
I was really excited to get to work with Brian Tyree Henry who I didn’t get to work with on the last one and this time, we have a lot of stuff together so that was great.
sounds like we're just going to follow 1 group of characters this time

gojizillakong
Samurai

Post by gojizillakong »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:31 pm
CyberZilla wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 am
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:46 pm

Shin was a success, SP and the Polygon trilogy not so much to my understanding. It also is going to limit Godzilla in the MV if he acted like Shin.
Was SP not much of a success?
I'm not sure but an anime that ended with a season 2 hook didn't get anything announced at Godzilla day seems odd.
Bones is a busy studio, and it usually takes a while for a second season to be announced (see Mob Psycho 100, which took 3 years)

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:42 pm
kaijukurt wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:57 pm
sounds like we're just going to follow 1 group of characters this time
At least this somewhat confirms the characters won't be split into two different teams, a major complaint from the previous one. I do wonder how Bernie's Titan/Godzilla conspiracy theories will play out, if they keep that aspect of his character. I imagine he's prolly been drafted into Monarch at this point, I just hope they don't write him in as the new head of Monarch and eliminate the Russel family tree.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hopefully Ren Serizawa is still alive, he needs to be a growing antagonist in these films
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:22 am Hopefully Ren Serizawa is still alive, he needs to be a growing antagonist in these films
I'm not 100% sure there's going to be a human antagonist in this. Looking at the casting so far, nobody really sticks out as a "bad guy."

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:22 am Hopefully Ren Serizawa is still alive, he needs to be a growing antagonist in these films
Maybe in a future project but I can't see it being something that happens in this film

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Legendary is officially in a Partnership with Sony Pictures, and the Monsterverse/Dune franchises will remain with WB.

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:46 am
I'm not 100% sure there's going to be a human antagonist in this. Looking at the casting so far, nobody really sticks out as a "bad guy."
That’d be a shame, but I can’t blame them for sticking with what they do best. If every human villain is a fumble and every antagonistic monster is met with praise, might as well double down on them. Although it would seem a bit lazy, maybe they could continue the Apex corporation angle?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Legendary is officially moving to Sony. The MonsterVerse & Dune franchise will remain at WB

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 43325/amp/

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

dillonking55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:03 pm The MonsterVerse & Dune franchise will remain at WB

where to people keep seeing that? dune part 2 and G&K will be disrupted by WB but anything after that will be sony

Added in 14 minutes 36 seconds:
BurningCoolMan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:06 pm
dillonking55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:03 pm The MonsterVerse & Dune franchise will remain at WB

where to people keep seeing that? dune part 2 and G&K will be disrupted by WB but anything after that will be sony
never mind it was in the Hollywood reporter and deadline article

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Huh small world although admittedly I'm not a fan of Sony mainly because of my misgivings on there handling of the Spiderman property I honestly don't have a problem if Sony were to distribute Godzilla films again which again is what they mostly did anyway but again like the THR said MV and Dune are staying with Legendary and WB unless a change of contract happens.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

With Godzilla staying at WB that should mean him coming to Multiverses should go back up.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

dillonking55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:03 pm Legendary is officially moving to Sony. The MonsterVerse & Dune franchise will remain at WB

Well, shit. Bad ending right there.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClgNOznMj_p ... MyMTA2M2Y=

Welp, it seems KDM is debunking your cousin's source miguelnuva.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Spuro wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:31 pm
dillonking55 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:03 pm Legendary is officially moving to Sony. The MonsterVerse & Dune franchise will remain at WB

Well, shit. Bad ending right there.
Why would that make a difference?

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Twitter is unbearable with the Sony news. The Monsterverse stays with WB.. for now at least. It’s not a bad thing for legendary either. It sounds like Dune part two and the GvK sequel will be WBs final LP films. Any future Monsterverse films will likely be distributed by Sony. Which actually might turn out to be healthy for the MV’s future.

Anyway… it all starts again with a year of news/trailers and all that in 2023. I’m pretty interested in seeing where this movie takes us.
Last edited by Cookson on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cookson wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:31 pm Twitter is unbearable with the Sony news. The Monsterverse stays with WB.. for now at least. It’s not a bad thing for legendary either. It sounds like Dune part two and the GvK sequel will be WBs final LP films. Any future Monsterverse films will likely be distributed by Sony. Which actually might turn out to be healthy for the MV’s future.

Anyway… it all starts again with a year of news/trailers and all that in 2023. I’m pretty interested in seeing where this movie takes us.
Sony is also pretty tight with Disney. One step closer to MV on Disney+!

Quote of the Year: