Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Jomei
Futurian

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Jomei »

Nice Gigabrain 'G with the awesome Ebirah. I used to have that green colorway, too... you're not the one I sold it to, are ya?!?!

My boys:
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I love that Gigabrain 65 colorway.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Jomei wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:27 pm Nice Gigabrain 'G with the awesome Ebirah. I used to have that green colorway, too... you're not the one I sold it to, are ya?!?!

My boys:
Ha, probably not. Unless you sold it still mint in bag to Toy Tokyo in NYC about 10 years ago where I bought it. Oddly enough, they also had that purple one! It was a really tough choice and sometimes I still wonder if I would’ve preferred it over the green.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

I kept the purple basically because it was a less common color base in my collection. But the green is stellar, too.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

That’s exactly why I sometimes wish o had gone for the purple. Toy Tokyo had both at the time and I had a hard time choosing. I was more drawn to the green, but the purple was really cool too and was a more unique color.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Been a bit since I posted photos of the collection room. Its still a work in progress but its finally looking like a good and proper hang out space.
(Fan is there temporarily until I can get a ceiling fan. Perils of living in Florida)

Main things I need to do are getting a minifridge, replacing this gross ass wooden loft that I threw together with a nice, professionally constructed metal one, getting more band and godzilla posters, and fixing that sloping shelf above the main display.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:02 am Been a bit since I posted photos of the collection room. It's still a work in progress but it's finally looking like a good and proper hang out space.
(Fan is there temporarily until I can get a ceiling fan. Perils of living in Florida)

Main things I need to do are getting a minifridge, replacing this gross ass wooden loft that I threw together with a nice, professionally constructed metal one, getting more band and Godzilla posters, and fixing that sloping shelf above the main display.
What city/town/village do you live at in Florida? I'm from Wellington.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

mikelcho wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:48 am What city/town/village do you live at in Florida? I'm from Wellington.
Oh, just the "wonderful" city that is Jacksonville....*sigh*

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Did a little work on this corner of my room.

Im getting more shelves soon as well. By this time next week I should be done putting them up for the Godzilla portion of my collection. Still need a shelf for my Jurassic Park and Alien stuff, but that will come later. Till then, they are in a box in storage.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Been a few years since I've updated my collection. For the past few months, I've kept saying, "time to clean/rearrange my collection", but I keep getting busy with other projects or personal affairs. This isn't how I want my collection to be displayed ideally, but it shows what I want to accomplish with it.

I mainly like collecting your standard MMS+Gashapons +a few marusans, and Iwakuras and some other are stuff to make it pop.
Bear in mind this isn't technically my completely collection, I have actually a lot go SH Monster Arts, and a few other things back in my house in Brooklyn.

There's two main shelves, A and B:

A

B:

There's also a few side shelves with more vinyls that I haven't figured out how to properly organize yet,

Some people might say this is cluttered, and I agree, but I like just looking over and noticing all the figures in a crowd.

This is what the collection looks like with the lights dimmed, and I usually sit at my desk on my laptop between these two things:

Someday, maybe in a month or two, after more figure I've ordered arrive, I'll do a big reorganizing and organize by color/monsters.

The shelves I have are cheap, but have easily replaceable shelves that I can add additional layers on. Most importantly, they extend up into the ceiling and are "earthquake proof" (or at least shouldn't fall over/collapse during a minor/moderate quake).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Added some lights to the new collection room. My camera (still) sucks, so it can't really capture it entirely.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Gonna do a similar thing with mine, but with white LEDs.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:38 am Did a little work on this corner of my room.
Im getting more shelves soon as well. By this time next week I should be done putting them up for the Godzilla portion of my collection. Still need a shelf for my Jurassic Park and Alien stuff, but that will come later. Till then, they are in a box in storage.
I like the sling full of plushies. That's another idea I might have to steal; I have a few plushies, but they're not the easiest things to display. Does the teddy bear have some kind of logo on it or something? It looks like it's wearing a shirt.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Its a halloween pumpkin shirt.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:03 am
mikelcho wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:48 am What city/town/village do you live at in Florida? I'm from Wellington.
Oh, just the "wonderful" city that is Jacksonville....*sigh*
I've got a great place for you to go to get some great used books:

The Chamblin Bookmine
4551 Roosevelt Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32210

The last I heard from a good friend of mine (who's now dead, may he rest in peace), the place has increased in size. Who knows? I've heard they've also got comic books; maybe you can find a few good Marvel and/or Dark Horse Godzilla issues there.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:50 pm Added some lights to the new collection room. My camera (still) sucks, so it can't really capture it entirely.

I'm pretty sure you might have the biggest, and possibly most impressive collections on the site. Christmas lights are an itneresting choice to decorate with. I think they match the chaos and variations of colors of the monsters somewhat well.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I probably have a bigger collection than MM but unfortunately about 95% of it is in storage.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:39 pm I probably have a bigger collection than MM but unfortunately about 95% of it is in storage.
Yeah, but do you own Trendmaaaaaasters?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I used to.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Here's my collection.

About 1/4 of it, that is. Rest is collecting dust in various boxes in the basement.

A couple more...

Last edited by HedorahIsBestGirl on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy