RIP Eabaker/Memorial to Eabaker

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: RIP Eabaker/Memorial to Eabaker

Post by LegendZilla »

Why did he pass away?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:46 pm Why did he pass away?
We don’t know yet, and it probably isn’t a good idea to ask yet either.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Well fuck. Sounded like he was having so much going for him lately. He was still relatively young wasn't he? Goes to show you just never know when it could come. At least he was spending his days doing what he loved, so you could take some solice in that I guess. Sorry for anyone that knew him better. He was a staple around here.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

That's very sad. Sending my condolences to his family.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:53 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:46 pm Why did he pass away?
We don’t know yet, and it probably isn’t a good idea to ask yet either.
Myself and some others here know, but yes. Not terribly important right now.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

I'm new to TK, but I've lurked for for some time. He was easily one of the most thoughtful, least snarkiest people on this fandom. I can't even imagine the pain the folks who knew him personally, and loved him are feeling. Live for today, hope for tomorrow. That's all we can hope for.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I'm only just now getting home from my Orlando trip. I heard the news just after what was otherwise one of the best days of my life and it felt like getting hit by a train. I even remember reading the discord chats talking about someone dying saying "please, don't be eabaker, please don't be eabaker." Needless to say I'm devastated. And I cried for a good while afterwards. Which just goes to show how much impact he had, given I'm not even that close with him. But with the interactions we had, they always stuck with me. He was one of my favorite people to talk to. He was one of the reasons I joined TST, which has brought a lot of meaning and purpose to my life, and set me on the path towards bettering myself that I am on right now. I'll always owe that to him. R.I.P, brother. Hail Satan and Hail Eabaker.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

The outpouring of love and admiration has been very warming to see. I intend on writing something very long to his wife, and will be sure to pass on all the love from here.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I'm still struggling so much after hearing this news. It's like the past two days have been one long nightmare that I can't wake up from. It almost doesn't feel real...

I wish I had gotten to know Eabaker better, during the time I had with him. I owe much of my growing appreciation and taste for cinema to his influence. My heart goes out to everyone who was close to him, whether on TK or otherwise. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

He sure as hell was irreplaceable. It’s such a shame we only realise these things after they’re gone. He was a luxury and we didn’t know it. We were so lucky as to know him. It was truly a blessing to be able to converse with such an intelligent man.

Wherever he is now, I hope he can rest easy.
For Emperor and Empire!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Just now seeing this. Condolences and prayers for all his friends and family. He always had strong and intelligent contributions to discussions on here. Will definitely miss him.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

He was a good man. I loved that he recommended me a filmmaking book to better understand the thought process of narrative. Even though we didn't always share the same opinion on Godzilla films, it was always nice to read his thoughts and I enjoyed our debates and discussions such as our difference in opinions on KOTM and Godzilla vs. Destroyah. He was always nice to me even in our debates in the unpopular Godzilla opinions thread and I liked that he was encouraging to me since we both loved Star Wars the Last Jedi (we both thought Luke was in character even during the flashback).
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

RIP to Eabaker I've stopped and read his takes because they were always so articulate and respectful. Didn't know him personally but just from him posts alone he really was the beating heart of this site and the fandom as a whole. This is definitely a sad time.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Damn... I just logged back on here for the first time in over a year and saw this almost immediately. What a horrible loss, I didn't know him personally but I always enjoyed his comments on here. His love and knowledge of these movies was amazing. This place won't be the same without him.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

This is still deeply unsettling. Like others, I found him articulate and respectful and that's a skill that can be hard to find in passionate online discourse, especially around a subject as complex as art. I don't think I ever had an extensive interaction with him but even the posts I recall from when we were both on the board were always kind and even when we had a profound disagreement, his posts were informative and shed light on his perspective, because he did genuinely want to communicate what he was feeling, not merely express it to his own satisfaction.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

May he Rest in peace and I hope for the best for his wife and family

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I haven’t really been on this forum in years upon years, but this is still genuinely distressing to hear. I’ll remember him and his posts fondly. 🖤🖤🖤

AtomicMorningBreath
Interpol Agent

Post by AtomicMorningBreath »

I just came across this thread and found out. Such terrible news. My deepest condolences to everyone who knew him, especially his friends and family. RIP Evan.
"It's ok, they're all smoking."

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Why does if feel like the best ones are the ones we lose...

I hadn't heard about eabaker's passing until literally moments ago; shocking and unsettling are definitely words I would use right now. Eabaker's posts and insights were among my favorites to read on the Forum, and I appreciated how level-headed and good-humored he always was. He will most definitely be missed.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

So sad to hear, I hadn't even noticed he hadn't being in his usual threads hiring us with his movie knowledge lately. RIP Eabaker. Condolences to his family.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image