Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by miguelnuva »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm Oh, huh. I figured we'd get a reveal for the flying character from the previous teaser, like how Godzilla was teased with the atomic ray teaser and then later got officially revealed. I guess they're just gonna reveal them all at once, then. Well, as far as this new teaser goes, the missile clearly implies Mechagodzilla (though imagine if they threw us all for a loop and it was actually MOGUERA :P ), and I'd imagine that the missile is shown attacking the city hints that it's Showa Mechagodzilla. Plus Showa MG's more associated with missiles than other incarnations are.
That missile makes me think Kiryu.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm Oh, huh. I figured we'd get a reveal for the flying character from the previous teaser, like how Godzilla was teased with the atomic ray teaser and then later got officially revealed. I guess they're just gonna reveal them all at once, then. Well, as far as this new teaser goes, the missile clearly implies Mechagodzilla (though imagine if they threw us all for a loop and it was actually MOGUERA :P ), and I'd imagine that the missile is shown attacking the city hints that it's Showa Mechagodzilla. Plus Showa MG's more associated with missiles than other incarnations are.
I think the way they are doing it that we are getting teases for each monster every week and then we will see what they all are when the DLC drops. So we will probably get another teaser next week of the third monster.

Added in 23 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:54 pm
That missile makes me think Kiryu.
I was thinking the same.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Sure, I guess it could be Kiryu. I guess I was just thinking that Showa Mechagodzilla's finger missiles are iconic and one of his two main weapons, while Heisei Mechagodzilla is more known for all its lasers and Shock Anchor and combining with Garuda and Kiryu is more known for the Absolute Zero Cannon and the hand drill and the masers. Though they all also have missiles, so I guess it really could be any of them.

Watch it be the Ready Player One version. :P

Which I'd actually be okay with.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:31 pm Sure, I guess it could be Kiryu. I guess I was just thinking that Showa Mechagodzilla's finger missiles are iconic and one of his two main weapons, while Heisei Mechagodzilla is more known for all its lasers and Shock Anchor and combining with Garuda and Kiryu is more known for the Absolute Zero Cannon and the hand drill and the masers. Though they all also have missiles, so I guess it really could be any of them.
Might be because I've been playing too much Battle Line, but the missile being fired immediately reminded me of Kiryu :lol:
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm I'd imagine that the missile is shown attacking the city hints that it's Showa Mechagodzilla. Plus Showa MG's more associated with missiles than other incarnations are.
The caption implies it's a man-made mech.

Was it for hope… or perhaps out of desperation? We will soon find out whether mankind has gone too far.

I'm thinking Kiryu.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Fermix wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:37 am
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm I'd imagine that the missile is shown attacking the city hints that it's Showa Mechagodzilla. Plus Showa MG's more associated with missiles than other incarnations are.
The caption implies it's a man-made mech.

Was it for hope… or perhaps out of desperation? We will soon find out whether mankind has gone too far.

I'm thinking Kiryu.
The missile and quote definitely lean to Kiryu which I think fits, considering the melee focus. Kiryu just fits brawlers better compared to Showa or Heisei.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

It's definitely Kiryu. The only other Mechagodzilla that could really be considered as a case of "mankind going too far" would be the Monsterverse one and that's already out of the question.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Fermix wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:37 amThe caption implies it's a man-made mech.

Hah, you know, I didn't even think of reading the description under the video. :lol: If that's what it says, then yeah, it's probably Kiryu.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

The game is on sale right now on PlayStation for 25% off. I picked it up,it's really fun. I'm excited for the Godzilla DLC.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Keep an eye on their Twitter around 10pm ET tonight
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Fermix wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:59 pm Keep an eye on their Twitter around 10pm ET tonight
Praying that this isn’t a fake out.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

TyrantGojira wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:36 pm
Fermix wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:59 pm Keep an eye on their Twitter around 10pm ET tonight
Praying that this isn’t a fake out.
The collab is out in a week either way, so at this point frankly it doesn't really matter.

In the event they're revealing the lineup tonight though, my final predictions are gonna be Gigan, Kiryu, and King Ghidorah. Not much to support the latter but let's be real, it's probably gonna be either him or Rodan if Mothra's not in it. I'm grateful to have gotten Gigan (hope its the Showa version too, though it almost certainly is).

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Who had :Destoroyah: on their list?

Hi!

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I certainly did not have Destoroyah on my list. This is proving to be a very interesting DLC.
Last edited by Gojira2K on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Gotschiller wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:04 pm Who had :Destoroyah: on their list?

[]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIErnjnz4aw[/]
Those crazy bastards :D Sadly, this probably means Godzilla turns into Burning for his S-Class transformation, secretly slaying my hopes for the perfect opportunity to resurrect Super. Oh, well. The DLC is shaping up to be far more interesting now.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Thinking of getting this game, does anyone recommend the Steam version?
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:25 pm Thinking of getting this game, does anyone recommend the Steam version?
That’s the version I have and it’s good. Though I do definitely using a controller still, the PC controls are strange.

Added in 4 minutes 9 seconds:
Wow, Gormaru is already teasing a second Godzilla DLC.

https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 4776023040
Last edited by Gojira2K on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Gojira2K wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:31 pm
MogeGoji1994 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:25 pm Thinking of getting this game, does anyone recommend the Steam version?
That’s the version I have and it’s good. Though I do definitely using a controller still, the PC controls are strange.
Excellent, I'll probably try to grab this and the DLC during the Christmas season. Do you have any recommendations or anything I should know before getting the game?
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Oh, holy crap, that IS Destoroyah. I couldn't make out the head at first and I thought the wings and lightning bolts were an obvious Ghidorah reveal. So, wow... Gigan, Kiryu, and Destoroyah? No Mothra or King Ghidorah? I am honestly stunned. :shock:

Man, just imagine a fight between Destoroyah and Woolley... :lol:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

MogeGoji1994 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:35 pm Excellent, I'll probably try to grab this and the DLC during the Christmas season. Do you have any recommendations or anything I should know before getting the game?
Assuming you're using a controller, try sticking with the default controls first. There's kind of a method to the madness. Fortunately, the game has plenty of training options (an actual Tutorial level, a "Gym" where you can mess around to your heart's content, and even a Training level available in multiplayer where everyone has infinite HP for basically infinite combo testing and messing around). I'm also playing via Steam and it looks and works great. The CPUs are quite challenging, though!
/crawls back under rock