Gigabash X Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Gigabash X Godzilla

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, gotta' admit... He's sticking out like a sore thumb compared to the other Gigabash kaiju. But I kind of dig it. Neat seeing this design in a smaller, 50-meterish scale, if that.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

The second teaser is back:
Hi!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Fermix wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:41 amIn-game render of Godzilla
Image+
Source
Man, I really hope that's just some warped perspective or something. I get it, I know he's the King of the Monsters and he's huge and awesome and powerful and all, but there's no reason for Godzilla to be like twice as tall as everyone else. What if they add Ghidorah, who's always huge compared to Godzilla? What about their S-Class forms? That'd be game-breaking. Unless they intend on pulling some lame "Toho kaiju are on a whole 'nother level and are basically S-Class by default and thus have no transformations!" or something.

Join us next week for the next episode of "TitanoGoji Immediately Jumps to the Worst Possible Conclusion"...

EDIT: Unless, maybe, that's Godzilla already in S-Class form. Hmm... :-?
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:51 am
Image+
Source
Man, I really hope that's just some warped perspective or something. I get it, I know he's the King of the Monsters and he's huge and awesome and powerful and all, but there's no reason for Godzilla to be like twice as tall as everyone else. What if they add Ghidorah, who's always huge compared to Godzilla? What about their S-Class forms? That'd be game-breaking. Unless they intend on pulling some lame "Toho kaiju are on a whole 'nother level and are basically S-Class by default and thus have no transformations!" or something.

Join us next week for the next episode of "TitanoGoji Immediately Jumps to the Worst Possible Conclusion"...

It might also just be choice of monster they show with him. I'd have to go in-game and check, but I think Gorogong is one of the smaller monsters. Not the smallest, but one of the smaller ones. I think Zyva for example is probably around the same size as Godzilla in this, and it's definitely bigger than Gorogong.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Image+
Source

It's forced frame perspective. My brother is in photography and he says Godzilla is only like a head taller based on how the image frames them.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Image+
Source

Huh, that’s not a reaction I expected to see. I saw that screenshot and immediately thought how much smaller Godzilla is compared to his “real” size. I mean, I know it’s how the game is designed and all, but that’s one tiny Godzilla compared to the world around him.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I think Spacegodzilla would make for a really fun addition to Gigabash. They could interpret his abilities in really fun ways to make a unique combatant.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Fermix wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:02 am I think Spacegodzilla would make for a really fun addition to Gigabash. They could interpret his abilities in really fun ways to make a unique combatant.
The game does already have crystals. Could work.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:35 amIt's forced frame perspective. My brother is in photography and he says Godzilla is only like a head taller based on how the image frames them.
Good, I really hope that's the case.
canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:07 amHuh, that’s not a reaction I expected to see. I saw that screenshot and immediately thought how much smaller Godzilla is compared to his “real” size. I mean, I know it’s how the game is designed and all, but that’s one tiny Godzilla compared to the world around him.
Sure, he's smaller than normal, but size-wise he should just look like one of the gang, not loom over everyone like he's special or something. Yeah, he's a guest fighter, but the game shouldn't bend over backwards just for him. He's the guest in their "home." He should adhere to their rules. It'd be one thing if the GigaBash kaiju were all different scales on their own, but they're all pretty much the same size. The only Toho kaiju that should be that tall are ones who are traditionally portrayed as much taller than the norm - Ghidorah, Biollante, Bagan, etc.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Unless it's something Toho maybe required of them regarding the size compared to the others? Hoping it's just perspective too.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

To be fair Gigabash always appeared to be a game that mainly existed for Godzilla to potentially one day be DLC in it.

Added in 2 minutes 8 seconds:
One might even say they released Gigabash with the sole intention of getting Toho's attention, showing what they can do, and potentially reviving Godzilla brawlers.

and from what we're seeing it clearly shows they've got Toho's attention.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:25 pmUnless it's something Toho maybe required of them regarding the size compared to the others?
Thus my concern of the "Toho kaiju are all S-Class by default" thing I mentioned before. That feels like the sort of thing Toho would tell them to do.
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:33 pmTo be fair Gigabash always appeared to be a game that mainly existed for Godzilla to potentially one day be DLC in it.
Hey now, come on. Sure, we all love Godzilla, but Toho doesn't have a monopoly on the concept of giant monsters. I'd like GigaBash and would be looking forward to its DLC even if Godzilla and co. wasn't involved with the game at all.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:48 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:33 pmTo be fair Gigabash always appeared to be a game that mainly existed for Godzilla to potentially one day be DLC in it.
Hey now, come on. Sure, we all love Godzilla, but Toho doesn't have a monopoly on the concept of giant monsters. I'd like GigaBash and would be looking forward to its DLC even if Godzilla and co. wasn't involved with the game at all.
Absolutely I agree! I was even planning to buy the game before the inclusion of Godzilla as well. The problem is I kept forgetting it existed, as someone who relied on strictly the first few trailers and gameplays, the characters came off as.. unimpressionable? I'm sure the game is much better than the trailers showed but the elephant in the room would be from the day of this games conception to the day of release, Godzilla and co were on the forefront of most people's minds in regards to almost every aspect of the game (example being the wide perspective based 4 player brawler from our childhoods making a return).

Now that's very likely to just come down to influence from Godzilla within the genre we all hold dear, but it does create a bit of a filler/appetizer feeling.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Rawa was.enough to sell me on the game but Godzilla coming made it must buy. It reminded me if War of the Monsters on ps4 and I remember a lot of fun with that game.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Looks like we are getting our next reveal today, or at least a tease of it. Betting this one will be Ghidorah.

https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... 7296491520
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:48 pm
Godzillakuj94 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:25 pmUnless it's something Toho maybe required of them regarding the size compared to the others?
Thus my concern of the "Toho kaiju are all S-Class by default" thing I mentioned before. That feels like the sort of thing Toho would tell them to do.

"No jobs, brother."

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

They sure like dragging these teases out I just want gameplay of Godzilla.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Huh, surprised by this. Thought it was going to be Ghidorah, but it looks like MechaGodzillla. Small chance of it happening, but imagine it was Moguera.

Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Gojira2K wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:18 pm Huh, surprised by this. Thought it was going to be Ghidorah, but it looks like MechaGodzillla. Small chance of it happening, but imagine it was Moguera.

Nobody going to mention that this is a reference to THAT ONE reused stock footage shot? It got reused so many times. It originated in that 70s Toho Disaster Tokusatsu movie, Conflagration!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Oh, huh. I figured we'd get a reveal for the flying character from the previous teaser, like how Godzilla was teased with the atomic ray teaser and then later got officially revealed. I guess they're just gonna reveal them all at once, then. Well, as far as this new teaser goes, the missile clearly implies Mechagodzilla (though imagine if they threw us all for a loop and it was actually MOGUERA :P ), and I'd imagine that the missile is shown attacking the city hints that it's Showa Mechagodzilla. Plus Showa MG's more associated with missiles than other incarnations are.
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.