Official "Ultraseven" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraseven" Thread

Post by Terasawa »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:57 pm Does anyone think it was lazy writing that 2 episodes in a row dealt with Dan loosing his glasses?
Episodes didn't air in the order they were produced, so those two episodes probably weren't scripted or even shot back-to-back.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just watched the first episode to honor Ultraseven's 55th anniversary. To be honest, I'm not impressed. Most of my problems stem from Dan, specifically his role in the plot. Even if he did let the Ultra Guard in on the invisible ship, that could easily be observed by anyone. And yet, they had no doubt that this random hitchhiker truly knew every nook and cranny of Cools scheme? Speaking of Cool, he's... cool. But it feels like he could've easily been replaced by the Kemur and nothing would change. That said, I'm not turned off by it. My experience with the Ultra Series so far has clued me in that first episodes aren't always a good indication of the show as a whole. Not gonna continue with the series just yet (very busy) but when I do finish it, I'll come back here and give my full thoughts.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Ultraseven definitely has a pretty weak pilot compared to the heights the show hits. Although, unpopular opinion, I'm not really too crazy about Ultraseven. It's good and all, just not as good as some people tell me I guess? Still an awesome show.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I just didn't get Ultraseven when I first watched it. I had loved the original Ultraman for years, and Ultraseven has such a intense fan base and place in Japanese pop culture so I was pretty excited about it.

Just couldn't get into that that first time. I didn't dislike it, either.

Watching the entire series again when the Blu-ray came out a few years ago... it just clicked. Even though it's made by largely the same people who made Ultraman, and it seems on the surface to be largely the same show , it's pleasures are just so different from the earlier series. I had to let go and dig into the more eerie, harder vibe of Ultraseven.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Ultraseven55th Anniversary concept movie, Ultraseven IF Story 'The Future 55 Years Ago' will be released this fall!

Dan Moroboshi will come to 2023, crossing time and space.

https://twitter.com/tsuburayaglobal/sta ... LJHZ3ehLGg
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Currently on the 4th episode so far.

Maybe it's because I'm fresh off the heels of Return of Ultraman, but I'm really not a fan of Seven's theme song.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:23 pm Currently on the 4th episode so far.

Maybe it's because I'm fresh off the heels of Return of Ultraman, but I'm really not a fan of Seven's theme song.
That’s probably the reason, it’s throwing off your vibe after RoU
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Since there's already the announcement for it, and it is related to Ultraseven, hopefully this doesn't count as a necro, and voilà:

The 55th anniversary concept movie has been unleashed upon the world!

My thoughts:
Spoiler:
Well, it really was "concept". All style, no substance, all concept. My disappointment is immeasurable but I don't really care about my disappointment, it can go cry in a corner.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I'm surprised people on this thread don't seem big on Ultraseven. I think it's brilliant, apart from certain...datedness.
Seven is so great, always thinking big and in touch with his emotions. It's the ultra show I keep coming back to again and again.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ I was a bit cool on it first, but I really love Ultraseven now. It's got a totally unique vibe.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Japan's answer to Star Trek TOS.