What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by shadowgigan »

JAGzilla wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:09 pm

As for the Twitter debate, I was actually referring to the character limit. It takes all the depth and nuance out of conversation and leaves people yelling simple blurbs at each other and unable to express complex ideas, just like 1984's Doublespeak. Here on TK, you can write a novel if you feel like it. Social media may be good for staying in touch with people, but traditional message boards are far and away the superior platform for actual discussion. Naturally, they're dying out.
Completely agree with this. I also like how topics are organized as one long conversation, as opposed to sometihing like Reddit.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

It's just, like... ... ...what the fuck, man.

I can never comprehend how some people can be so evil.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/colora ... index.html
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jason David Frank passing away really hurt. He abd the other power rangers were my first heroes even before Godzilla Spider-Man and Luke Skywalker.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:03 pm Jason David Frank passing away really hurt. He abd the other power rangers were my first heroes even before Godzilla Spider-Man and Luke Skywalker.
I feel you bro.

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

I missed three buses in a row after getting off work. The first one never showed up, the second one just passed me without stopping even after I waved to try and get the driver's attention, and the third was one I barely missed because my shoes were ill-equipped for running after I decided to just walk to the 2nd bus I was supposed to take to get home. I ended up getting home around 2 hours after I initially intended to as a result.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fropston wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:50 pm I missed three buses in a row after getting off work. The first one never showed up, the second one just passed me without stopping even after I waved to try and get the driver's attention, and the third was one I barely missed because my shoes were ill-equipped for running after I decided to just walk to the 2nd bus I was supposed to take to get home. I ended up getting home around 2 hours after I initially intended to as a result.
Oof. Reminds me of that Spongebob where Spongebob gets stranded at Rock Bottom and keeps missing his bus.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

One of my earphones stopped working -_-
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

The fact I lost my Godzilla FW monsterarts hand and i need to find it right now

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 am The fact I lost my Godzilla FW monsterarts hand and i need to find it right now
It'll turn up, dude. I find if I stop looking, whatever I'm looking for just kinda appears.

Without getting into it too much, a lot of stuff happening in my social life is driving me up a wall, and it's extra hard to handle this time of year. This is the first Thanksgiving I've had at home in years and it's bringing up a lot of grief due to family members that aren't here anymore. I had a good chat with a friend that turned my mood around, but yesterday I was more depressed than I've been in ages. Just gotta get through the rest of the day, I guess.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:15 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:43 am The fact I lost my Godzilla FW monsterarts hand and i need to find it right now
It'll turn up, dude. I find if I stop looking, whatever I'm looking for just kinda appears.

Without getting into it too much, a lot of stuff happening in my social life is driving me up a wall, and it's extra hard to handle this time of year. This is the first Thanksgiving I've had at home in years and it's bringing up a lot of grief due to family members that aren't here anymore. I had a good chat with a friend that turned my mood around, but yesterday I was more depressed than I've been in ages. Just gotta get through the rest of the day, I guess.
Take it a day at a time. Don’t be afraid to seek help, either from friends, family, or professionals.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Oh also today and yesterday since I got the flu today

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

EarthNeronga wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:04 pm Oh also today and yesterday since I got the flu today
I feel that. I’ve been sick the past week and it’s killed my motivation to do anything, so I can only really lay around and scroll through various sites.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Have you ever been a fan of a series, only for the creator be a horrible person?

I was becoming a fan of The Monument Mythos (an analog horror series) until.. yeah.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e3b ... Z8IPI/edit

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 pm Have you ever been a fan of a series, only for the creator be a horrible person?

I was becoming a fan of The Monument Mythos (an analog horror series) until.. yeah.
God, that sucks. If it makes you feel any better, Kanye used to be one of my heroes, so...
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:33 pm Have you ever been a fan of a series, only for the creator be a horrible person?

Man, have I been your shoes. For me, it was Tribe Twelve (a Slenderman series; one of the major ones, in fact), and its creator turned out to be pretty much the same level of horrible. If my state (WI) hadn't already killed Slenderman, this was what put the final nail in the coffin for a lot of folks.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I grew up with Harry Potter so, uh... yeah, I know that feeling all too well. Sorry, man. That sucks.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'll admit, hearing that some people can relate to my situation makes me feel a bit better. Thanks guys. :)

Well, I guess there's really nothing I can do but keep moving forward. There's probably tons of other creators worth my attention out there.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's just one of those days where nothing works, everything is stressful crap, I don't have what I need, certain people need to have their teeth punched down their throat, I can't catch a break any step of the way, I don't have time for any of this, and I have to work tonight.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

JAGzilla wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:51 am It's just one of those days where nothing works, everything is stressful crap, I don't have what I need, certain people need to have their teeth punched down their throat, I can't catch a break any step of the way, I don't have time for any of this, and I have to work tonight.
It's like one of those days where you think there's a deity somewhere out there that's writing the whole thing on a script, and it all comes at your expense for their entertainment.

One of those days?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image