Which kaiju had the most gruesome deaths?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: Which kaiju had the most gruesome deaths?

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:59 pm Everyone's mentioning Muruchi for Ultraman rep but I'm gonna have to forego that and instead mention Dorobon in the now-disowned TsuPro-Chaiyo collaboration film, Hanuman vs 7 Ultraman. He gets his skin ripped off while he's still alive and trying to fight back. Sure, it isn't as outwardly bloody as some more well-known Ultraman kaiju deaths but it's still an onscreen flaying. And that's arguably not even the worst thing that happens in this movie. Just ask the human characters.
In the Thai theatrical version, Dorobon even questions Hanuman's brutality as he's getting his flesh torn off. If the subtitles are to be believed, he asks something along the lines of "Why tear off my face?"
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Toho movies:

1. Anguirus 1955: chased down, grabbed at the neck, and burned to a crisp

2. King Ghidorah (DAM): beat down, back broken, and stomped to death

3. Orga: blown up from the inside

4. King Ghidorah 2001: blown to a million bloody pieces

5. Kamacuras 2004: impaled

Out of those, I would give it to the Anguirus death as the most gruesome

Monsterverse:

1. Skullcrawler (Skull Island): guts literally pulled out from the inside

2. King Ghidorah: melted alive and then eaten lol

3. Skullcrawler (Kong): split in half by a laser

Out of those, I would probably go with the Skullcrawlers. Both are pretty brutal. Poor thing lmao.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

MonsterVerse Ghidorah got a serious middle finger from life. He got cooked to a single head and then smoked to ashes like a joint, got resurrected as a robot through a leftover skull, only to get slashed to pieces by a gorilla with an axe.

As my favorite movie critic once said, “if you’re gonna die right, you’d better die twice.”

But that ain’t shit compared to how life gave double middle fingers and then shat all over GMK Ghidorah. Got mauled and blasted to death, resurrected by his partner dying, got drill-missiled in the neck and blasted to death a second time, resurrected a second time and going super-saiyan—only to get blown to smithereens.

That fucker had some seriously bad luck.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Gotta give an honorable mention to Gandarguirus from Zone Fighter. Dude got punched in the face so hard his eyestalks popped out of his head, to which Zone Fighter proceeded to yank them out of his skull, then continues to be humiliated by ZF who claps his hands to lure the monster around as it can only fight by sound and no longer by sight. After that, ZF slices off both arms with energy disks, then proceeds to decapitate the monster not with another clean energy disk, but with the slow pelting onslaught of Meteor Missile Might.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gailah 1966 »

Space Gyaos (Gamera vs Giant Beast Guiron 1969)
This poor space monster was literally cut into pieces alive!
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

There's also Banila. I don't think we've mentioned any kaiju that were melted alive.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Cyberdra_1
Ronin

Post by Cyberdra_1 »

Kong tearing the giant snake in half, jaw-first, in the '76 Kong movie. Even back as a kid that scene threw me off with how gross and graphic it is.