The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by shippersdreamer »

So does anyone have any information about Pandan for the KWCE? We have absolutely 0 idea where or what it's from.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shippersdreamer wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:00 pm So does anyone have any information about Pandan for the KWCE? We have absolutely 0 idea where or what it's from.
Did some research! Got.. Odd results. The only thing I could get about Pandan was two different toy figures, the one used in the card being from Dai-Ichi Tsushinsha Inc, who created figures of Pandan and other kaiju back in 2016.
https://www.japanbullet.com/news/kaiju- ... cot-market

I couldn't get much info on his "Monochrome Flash" power, but I wanna say it might just be from the figure's box art? There's also another Pandan figure out there, though I don't think it's from the same company and just might be coincidence.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

shippersdreamer wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:00 pm So does anyone have any information about Pandan for the KWCE? We have absolutely 0 idea where or what it's from.
https://gotouchikaiju.com/monsters/227/

https://gotouchikaiju.com/news/1611/
The image of the Monochrome Flash is around the middle of the page.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

UltimateDitto wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 amhttps://gotouchikaiju.com/news/1611/
So... They're eye beams that turn things black and white? Turn them to stone?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:14 pm
UltimateDitto wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 amhttps://gotouchikaiju.com/news/1611/
Medusa, but what if was a giant panda. :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:14 pm
I think they're actually still moving, judging by how the tiger has a "moving effect" that indicates it's running away. So.. Yeah, I think he just turns other animals panda color, but otherwise, they're perfectly fine. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Yeah it looks like it just turns the animals black and white, so if Godzilla got hit by the ray he'd be black and white like a panda, couldn't find info on of it's permanent or not.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:45 pm
Did some research! Got.. Odd results. The only thing I could get about Pandan was two different toy figures, the one used in the card being from Dai-Ichi Tsushinsha Inc, who created figures of Pandan and other kaiju back in 2016.
https://www.japanbullet.com/news/kaiju- ... cot-market

I couldn't get much info on his "Monochrome Flash" power, but I wanna say it might just be from the figure's box art? There's also another Pandan figure out there, though I don't think it's from the same company and just might be coincidence.

A giant giant panda kaiju. Now I've seen everything.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

UltimateDitto wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:53 am Yeah it looks like it just turns the animals black and white, so if Godzilla got hit by the ray he'd be black and white like a panda, couldn't find info on of it's permanent or not.
Does...does such a power actually do anything in combat?

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Hi everyone, I'm just gonna let everyone know that we've gone through the KWCE Roster recently and some monsters are being cut from the roster. I'll be giving the reasons for everyone below but here's a few exceptions:

If they already have a match or if they have a match accepted then they're staying no matter what.
If they're a "basic" animal then they have to be mutated or significantly different from the species in some fashion to warrant its inclusion (ALA: Moby Dick (2011))
For Godzooky and Little Kong: While yes they are normally smaller than normal, Godzooky has a slight toho connection thanks to the HB show and both he and LK are infants, so they're capable of still growing larger than what we see. Godzooky's case is also not helped by Hanna Barbera's notoriously poor animation quality.
G-Fantis and Negora are mascots for companies/is heavily associated with Godzilla. You can buy merchandise and there's plenty of fan material for both. It's why the Creepypasta Monsters got in.

As for the monsters we have cut:
Black beast of Argh - The Beast isn't shown in a combat role. For the KWCE this is very important compared to the KWC and we barely see it do anything at all. Since it's from Monthy Python, it mostly exists as a joke.
Crater Lake Monster - The CLM is literally just a regular dinosaur with no additional features about it. Just being very large isn't enough to qualify for the KWCE anymore.
Kumonga (Reiwa) - These boys are too small in SP. If Season 2 makes them bigger then we'll add them back.
Mammoth Kong - Mammoth Kong is far, far too simplistic. Just because something is added it doesn't mean it cannot be scrutinized. We also have little to no information about it, which hurts it a lot.
The Meg - It's just a megalodon, the same reasoning for the dinosaurs.
Pandan - There's absolutely no information about it.
Titanosaur - Just a dinosaur
T-Rex Zord: Due to the fact the T-Rex Zord (and the others) are represented under the Megazord, having its own card was superflous.
Red Thunder Zord - Same logic for the T-Rex zord
Red Battlezord - The same logic as the T-Rex zord
Seabozu - Seabozu not only is a non-combatant, but he actively avoids combat whenever possible.
Type 5-G - As far as we can tell, the machine doesn't have any special powers compared to the other Patlabor reps we have.
The Last Dinosaur T-Rex - Dinosaur ruling
Utam the Peking Man - The Peking Man is far too simplistic.
Zaurs - The Dinosaur ruling
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

shippersdreamer wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 amRed Battlezord - The same logic as the T-Rex zord
Just wanted to point out that the Red Battlezord is its own separate entity and should be reinstated. It's not part of a Megazord like the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord or the Red Dragon Thunderzord, it's a standalone assist Zord like the Dragonzord or the White Tigerzord.
shippersdreamer wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 amGodzooky
Little Kong
G-Fantis
Negora
Just clarifying because I wasn't entirely sure from the wording: These four are staying in?
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Aww, kinda sucks that Pandan's getting the boot, but the reasoning makes sense. Same with the others; cause I totally get not wanting a bunch of regular dinosaurs and other animals getting caught up with legitimate kaiju.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:14 pm
Just clarifying because I wasn't entirely sure from the wording: These four are staying in?
Those four are staying in, yes. And noted on the Red Battlezord, thank you for the information, that one will be staying.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Grand King Ghidorah's character card needs a little fix.

It spells 'Grand King Ghidoarh."
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

New KWCE y’all! https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33641

New author as well.

And a new addition to the roster, only one, Master Hand/Crazy Hand, but that’s just because the other cards we’ve got are waiting for others to be made and likely for a certain movie to come out widely available. You can probably guess the movie ;)

And others unrelated to that will arrive in due time, especially as I finally have sought help from other card makers to get the large list me, Harley, and Bacon have approved up and running.

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:51 am Grand King Ghidorah's character card needs a little fix.

It spells 'Grand King Ghidoarh."
Noted, will be taken care of.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:47 am And a new addition to the roster, only one, Master Hand/Crazy Hand, but that’s just because the other cards we’ve got are waiting for others to be made and likely for a certain movie to come out widely available. You can probably guess the movie ;)
Godzilla vs Gigan Rex?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:22 am
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:47 am And a new addition to the roster, only one, Master Hand/Crazy Hand, but that’s just because the other cards we’ve got are waiting for others to be made and likely for a certain movie to come out widely available. You can probably guess the movie ;)
Godzilla vs Gigan Rex?
No.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

I'm not sure if this is the place to point it out, but there's two Melba cards in the M album.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

The last KWCE of the year has arrived, I hope you all enjoy it! https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 4#p1910944

Awards are in January, so get ready for those. I’ll save any words I have on this year of the KWCE for them.

Mistakes with the roster cards like pointed out in the previous post are noted and will be dealt with in time, please have patience. Thank you.
KWCE Administrator

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Ah what a fun way to close out the year, great work~!