What Showa ultra kaiju could kill 70s godzilla?

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

What Showa ultra kaiju could kill 70s godzilla?

Post by Ultra Zilla »

as the title suggest i wanna know which monster from the ultraman era can kill 70s godzilla at his peak?

for me i think almost every kaiju would fall to godzilla except for one and maybe a few others

pressure
do to one thing

his staff

" Pressure carries around a magic staff capable of creating a small earthquake in his surroundings, picking up objects telekinetically, emit a thick red smoke capable of covering him up, firing a blast of static energy which can freeze an enemy, fire a shrinking ray which will shrink down his enemy to no more than a few inches, blow a large, red balloon up in which he can put the shrunken down enemy into, and fire a destructive stream of fire."-ultraman wiki on pressure

he can do wonders like shrink down godzilla or freeze him and send him down a earthquake and hes very impressive in fighting and skills and could teleport away from Godzillas attacks and it took ultra king and Leo to defeat him which is very impressive for him

Others i think could stand against godzilla or beat him include Tyrant,Birdon,Ace Killer,alien Magma and the gilas brothers,Silverbloome,Vacuumon,Bullton and Prisma Nova due to how impressive they were in there series like how birdon killed 2 ultras,Tyrant beated any ultra in his way, Magma and his giras caused multiple hurricanes and flooded tokyo,Prisma and Bullton due to reality warping,Vacuumon due to being basically ultra galactus,Silverbloome cause he can suck in enemys,Ace Killer due to being similar to a ultraman but without a timer and Nova due to his Gas

others like King Joe,Zetton,Gyeron,Temperor and Bemstar could beat Godzilla but i dont know enough about them
:Godzilla68:
Last edited by Ultra Zilla on Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: What ultra kaiju could kill 70s godzilla?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

With their typical time limits? Not many, not any except for maybe Zero in their default forms. I wouldn't expect any of the Showa Ultras to do very well against any Godzilla, while Heisei guys like Tiga, Dyna, Gaia and Cosmos could give a Goji a solid fight before their time/power is up. But they won't take home the win with their allotted times. Ultras very rarely fight kaiju on the caliber of a Godzilla, a kaiju with physical strength to match/surpass their own, regeneration, a beam weapon that is always consistently hot/explosive and spammable, and depending on the iteration, fighting styles (such as 70s here) that can match an Ultra. You see them routinely struggle with opponents that offer just one or two of these traits. Against a kaiju with all these attributes, most Ultras won't last long.

However, Ultras do have a habit of teaming up against greater threats. And once that happens, they would win. Pit Showa Godzilla against say four Showa Ultras, and he's going to probably be overwhelmed. I still have some doubts they could do it with their time limits, but it's much easier to see them victorious if they attack together.

Your best bet would be to dive into the more craziness of the New Generation/Zero stuff to find any Ultra that might be able to beat 70s Godzilla. Again, I doubt any of their default/first forms would score the win ('cept Zero, 'cause he's f'n broken), but the mid-season and final transformations would have the best luck and could possibly do it with their time limits.

... And it suddenly dawned on me that this thread is for kaiju, not Ultras. But no way am I deleting all that now. -_-

There is nothing in the Showa era that could defeat 70s Godzilla. Some have some crazy tricks and BS powers they like to use for plot points, but in battle, they never use them. There'd be some cool fights like Godzilla vs. Birdon and even Godzilla vs. Zetton, King Joe or Silver Bloome, but none of them possess the firepower to bring him down, nor the physical strength to KO him. Some of the final boss kaiju of later series, like Gatanozoa, would be a solid bet. Maga Orochi, Galactron, Gargorgon, etc. The heavy hitters could prolly take the win. 70s Godzilla vs. UG Gomora would also be a downright slobberknocker. But you're going to need more than just your typical monster of the week canon fodder kaiju to defeat 70s Goji.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Of course 70s Godzilla is a hero. Story dictates he's going to win regardless.

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:15 pm With their typical time limits? Not many, not any except for maybe Zero in their default forms. I wouldn't expect any of the Showa Ultras to do very well against any Godzilla, while Heisei guys like Tiga, Dyna, Gaia and Cosmos could give a Goji a solid fight before their time/power is up. But they won't take home the win with their allotted times. Ultras very rarely fight kaiju on the caliber of a Godzilla, a kaiju with physical strength to match/surpass their own, regeneration, a beam weapon that is always consistently hot/explosive and spammable, and depending on the iteration, fighting styles (such as 70s here) that can match an Ultra. You see them routinely struggle with opponents that offer just one or two of these traits. Against a kaiju with all these attributes, most Ultras won't last long.

However, Ultras do have a habit of teaming up against greater threats. And once that happens, they would win. Pit Showa Godzilla against say four Showa Ultras, and he's going to probably be overwhelmed. I still have some doubts they could do it with their time limits, but it's much easier to see them victorious if they attack together.

Your best bet would be to dive into the more craziness of the New Generation/Zero stuff to find any Ultra that might be able to beat 70s Godzilla. Again, I doubt any of their default/first forms would score the win ('cept Zero, 'cause he's f'n broken), but the mid-season and final transformations would have the best luck and could possibly do it with their time limits.

... And it suddenly dawned on me that this thread is for kaiju, not Ultras. But no way am I deleting all that now. -_-

There is nothing in the Showa era that could defeat 70s Godzilla. Some have some crazy tricks and BS powers they like to use for plot points, but in battle, they never use them. There'd be some cool fights like Godzilla vs. Birdon and even Godzilla vs. Zetton, King Joe or Silver Bloome, but none of them possess the firepower to bring him down, nor the physical strength to KO him. Some of the final boss kaiju of later series, like Gatanozoa, would be a solid bet. Maga Orochi, Galactron, Gargorgon, etc. The heavy hitters could prolly take the win. 70s Godzilla vs. UG Gomora would also be a downright slobberknocker. But you're going to need more than just your typical monster of the week canon fodder kaiju to defeat 70s Goji.

i think pressure and Vaccumon could beat 70s godzilla due to being F_____ OP!

Also Ultra king or Supercharged taro for Ultras could kill 70s godzilla

also for ultras i thought everyone in the era for both godzilla and ultraman had a equal for example
someone like super taro or leo could face against 70s godzilla
Mebius or Noa or Tiga could face heisei godzilla
Mebius or Max could handle any one of the Millienmum Gojis
and someone like z or zero beat the S____ out of shin and MV Godzilla
Last edited by Ultra Zilla on Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

KING. JOE. BLACK.
For Emperor and Empire!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Voyager wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:57 pm KING. JOE. BLACK.
Your "Love and life" huh? As for what I think, I think Big O could do it.

Added in 5 minutes 13 seconds:
Oh shoot this is ultraman, Kate's Zetton, easily.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultra Zilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ultra Zilla »

Voyager wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:57 pm KING. JOE. BLACK.

I think I meant to put showa ultra kaiju instead of ultra kaiju since I may of forgotten about the "Showa" in the title so ima add that back however any other heisei kaiju like Gatanothor,Red king,tyrant,U-killersaurus,Belial Ect and many many more would solo showa godzilla and i think a showa ultra kaiju like pressure could beat him

Voyager
Keizer

Re: What Showa ultra kaiju could kill 70s godzilla?

Post by Voyager »

In that case, I'd say none.
For Emperor and Empire!

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Zetton. No discussion.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:10 pm Zetton. No discussion.
Yeah, no?
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

....none?

70s Godzilla is a hero. The Ultra kaiju are bad guys. If Godzilla can pull a magnetic power out of his ass to destroy Mechagodzilla, he'll be fine against anything coming of Ultraman.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

I think Tyrant could. He took down multiple Ultras in less than 30 seconds with just melee strikes, and that freezing gas is deadly.

Oh, and come to think of it, definitely Snowgon. She would just turn Godzilla into ice then tear his frozen body apart. I'd imagine Ace Killer would be able to bring him down too, having taken the powers of four Ultras and being durable enough to be completely unaffected by an Ultra finisher.
Last edited by Gojira 41mk11 on Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

If we are talking only from the OG Ultraman, none, if Showa, then King Joe has a chance.