Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official "Ultraman Z" Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

After a full year of silence, we will finally be getting the OST for Ultraman Z!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I was reading about Kota Fukihara, and checking which episodes he wrote. I figured he wrote a lot of the first half, but didn't realize he wrote the last batch as well, it seems. I wasn't aware he wrote Kaiju Club (which I still need to watch) and that's it, in the Ultra realm. His work on Z makes me wish he could have done more Ultra work.
I also found out he has a cameo in the series. I think I'll have to rewatch it soon.
Such a tragedy that he passed so early.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:30 am I was reading about Kota Fukihara, and checking which episodes he wrote. I figured he wrote a lot of the first half, but didn't realize he wrote the last batch as well, it seems. I wasn't aware he wrote Kaiju Club (which I still need to watch) and that's it, in the Ultra realm. His work on Z makes me wish he could have done more Ultra work.
I also found out he has a cameo in the series. I think I'll have to rewatch it soon.
Such a tragedy that he passed so early.
I didn't know Mr. Fukihara wrote the last batch either. Makes me happy that his vision was brought to life to the end it seems like, since Z is such an incredible show. Let me know if you find his cameo!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I've been marathoning a re-watch of Z. Oh yeah so good! I dunno there's something...crisp about it. I feel like they're really good at using action to tell a story.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Tsuburaya has hired the same producers of the killer Shin Ultraman dub to do an English dub of Ultraman Z! It'll be on YouTube soon.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Angilasman wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:33 am Tsuburaya has hired the same producers of the killer Shin Ultraman dub to do an English dub of Ultraman Z! It'll be on YouTube soon.
Holy crap, a full on dub!? Cool!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Angilasman wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:33 am Tsuburaya has hired the same producers of the killer Shin Ultraman dub to do an English dub of Ultraman Z! It'll be on YouTube soon.
Holy shit, English dubbed Juggler has got me hyped.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Well I better check it out and show some support.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Get that on the Toonami block! Maybe this could be another reason for holding back a dvd/Bluray release as well?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

If TPC wants to work on an English dub for Z, then more power to them. In the meantime however, there are still several other shows and films that have get to get a release in NA. If they are working on a new deal with MC, or another company, I wish we would hear soon. Hopefully before or around the time of the release of the Red King Blu ray from MC
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

1st episode of the dub is up on YouTube and... it's pretty great. Freaked out a little when I realized who was dubbing Ultraman Zero.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Yeah, that was a load of fun. I'm definitely gonna follow this weekly, I dropped off of Z when it first started airing so this gives me a good excuse to continue it.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Angilasman wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:44 pm 1st episode of the dub is up on YouTube and... it's pretty great. Freaked out a little when I realized who was dubbing Ultraman Zero.
Yea, can’t say I’m thrilled with that choice but it could be worse.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Yeah I'm mixed on Zero's voice. One hand: hm I don't think he quite fits. Other hand: it is kind of growing on me and kind of like the notion of thinking of U.S. Goku being well, the ace. Speaking of that how about Sabat/Vegeta to play Ace? Real talk: kind of now want Sabat to voice Beliarok.
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Goku voicing Ultraman Zero is awesome! I think this dub is pretty good so far! Very curious as to how they voice Juggular...!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ack, I still haven't got the time to watch the dub yet. REALLY need to catch up sometime tomorrow.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

StardustGenius wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:54 pm Goku voicing Ultraman Zero is awesome! I think this dub is pretty good so far! Very curious as to how they voice Juggular...!
I would’ve like the parity of the voice being the same as the dub of Setsuna F Seiei from Gundam 00 since that’s what happened Japan. I think Future Trunks VA would’ve been better on the dub for Zero but we’ll see. Hope Riku/Geed’s works well too.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Got about a third through episode 3 and it's growing on me. The director is pretty funny in the dub.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I just realized that we're going to get an English dub Gillvalis when his episode drops, about time something good happened in my day.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

So I’m going to put it out there that Yuka’s dub voice is the MVP of this so far.