Godzilla vs Bio-Godzilla?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Ryu
Samurai

Godzilla vs Bio-Godzilla?

Post by Ryu »

I would like to confirm if this is just rumors, or if there is any truth to it.
When I was in high school, in the 1999s and 2000s. On the Barry Temple and Monster Zero websites, they had a rumor section. In the rumors section, there were rumors of a direct sequel to Godzilla vs Destoroyah. The only thing I remember from the story would be the adult godzilla junior would fight a clone hybrid, godzilla with mixed DNA from Battra and Destoroyah. And that ghost of godzilla 1995 would help in the fight.
Don't pay much attention to this, because at the time the news of the day was the movie Godzilla 2000 and if we were going to have a sequel to Godzilla 98.
And these days the only thing I find is the ghost-godzilla page from here on the site, and this page from Deviantart.
[urlhttps://www.deviantart.com/avgk04/art/Lost-Proj ... -429322946][/url]
Which now says that Ghost-Godzilla's identity would no longer be from 1995, but rather the original 1954 Gojira. And that Cybersaur from Dark Horse comics would appear. Although I think this last rumor is a lie. Why would Toho want to spend money on the new Mecha, which rights are semi-shared. When he could get Mechagodzilla, Moguera or Jet Jaguar, which rights are more at hand.
Well, apart from that, my doubt is if there is anything concrete about this project.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla vs Bio-Godzilla?

Post by miguelnuva »

Ryu wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:25 am I would like to confirm if this is just rumors, or if there is any truth to it.
When I was in high school, in the 1999s and 2000s. On the Barry Temple and Monster Zero websites, they had a rumor section. In the rumors section, there were rumors of a direct sequel to Godzilla vs Destoroyah. The only thing I remember from the story would be the adult godzilla junior would fight a clone hybrid, godzilla with mixed DNA from Battra and Destoroyah. And that ghost of godzilla 1995 would help in the fight.
Don't pay much attention to this, because at the time the news of the day was the movie Godzilla 2000 and if we were going to have a sequel to Godzilla 98.
And these days the only thing I find is the ghost-godzilla page from here on the site, and this page from Deviantart.
[urlhttps://www.deviantart.com/avgk04/art/Lost-Proj ... -429322946][/url]
Which now says that Ghost-Godzilla's identity would no longer be from 1995, but rather the original 1954 Gojira. And that Cybersaur from Dark Horse comics would appear. Although I think this last rumor is a lie. Why would Toho want to spend money on the new Mecha, which rights are semi-shared. When he could get Mechagodzilla, Moguera or Jet Jaguar, which rights are more at hand.
Well, apart from that, my doubt is if there is anything concrete about this project.
I remember the rumor you were talking about and Cybersaur was in the original version as. The only thing AVGK04 changes is that Ghost Godzilla was the 94 version even though all the Bio Godzilla rumors said it was Heisei Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Ryu
Samurai

Post by Ryu »

Well, thank you, miguelnuva.
I know that John Lemay's book, The Big Book of Japanese Giant Monster Movies: The Lost Films, talks about this Bio-Godzilla. But unfortunately I can't afford to buy the book. Due to the rising cost of living here in Europe, because of the Ukraine war. And I don't know if the book will only report the same information, which I just said above. Maybe in the future, when a Godzilla 2000 Super Complete Works Book comes out, maybe they'll address unused ideas.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I have that book… somewhere. Give me a day or two to try and figure out which box it’s hiding in and I’ll post whatever info it has on BioGodzilla.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

And here you go. Every mention of Bio-Godzilla in LeMay’s book:

Ryu
Samurai

Post by Ryu »

Thank you very much,canofhumdingers.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I suppose Kiryu satisfies part of this idea. G54's spirit does exist in the MG.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Wonder if it was made if Ghost G would be dropped or we get another biokaiju because of so many Godzillas.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

We had 3 Godzillas in G vs MG2. Besides, Bio-Godzilla would probably have looked different enough from the ghost and Junior.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.