Were there any Kaiju you found out existed through KWC?

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Were there any Kaiju you found out existed through KWC?

Post by Gojira1604 »

Didn't know who Gororin was before or Rathalos.
Nor Daigoro & Goliath. Don't think I knew Wargilar & Spyler either, years ago. (but I did know of Zone Fighter & Zandolla from music vids)
Lastly, I didn't really know too well about the EVA series & Angels till there was talks of them joining. Or Rayquaza.
How about you? Might I be alone in this?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Were there any Kaiju you found out existed through KWC?

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Thanks to the KWC, I found out Gyaos, Legion, Iris, Zandora, Spyler, Wargiglar, Gororin, Utsuno Ikusagami, Ultraseven, Axor, Bagorah, Balkzardan, Bemular, Daigoro, Goliath, Black Moth, Dogora, Rathalos, Gora Magala, Jikiro, and Kumasogami existed. And while I had known he existed thanks to Monster Island Buddies, it was thanks to the KWC that I found out Maguma's name. Plus, I also learned there was a Toho Orochi.

All of that, thanks to the KWC.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hmm... I think I might've been too nerdy for my own good when I first found / got invested in the KWC, around Match 50-ish (thank Bagan, lol). By that point, I think I had a solid grasp on who everyone is and was, even the obscurees of the era. But I think it was with Bagan's introduction that introduced the possibility of "what else could be added?" At the time, the old rules were adamant on limited incarnations, so I put a lot of my focus and research on "original" monsters that didn't contradict the incarnation clause. I'd say the closest one I'd say I was intrigued by was Kumasogami, since he was such a different face compared to the rest of the roster.

However, I'd say it's through this I've discovered a plethora of monsters and other things that I can't reveal yet... But I think the one thing I love about adding the obscure monsters, even if they're viewed as total garbage, is both the exposure it gives to people who don't know them. "That thing exists?!" is probably one of my favorite things, even if it's from those who don't have a means of leaving those responses. Or even give it a lease of a new life where it failed in its original appearance, whatever that may be.

Even if we're a lot more lax with incarnations now compared to then (though that doesn't mean we'll be going willy nilly with it), I'm glad the situation was set up to where I focused on the more "original" monsters--it's led me down many rabbit holes that I'm eager to share with you guys, and the potential they offer is going to be bonkers. So look forward to that when it comes! ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I had absolutely NO idea that any of the Yamato Takeru kaiju even existed until I stumbled across the K.W.C's roster statistics years ago. I also had no idea who Black Moth was, and the only Zone Fighter character I knew was the titular guy.

So.. yeah, a good chunk of my kaiju knowledge hails from the Kaiju War Chronicles.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:29 pm I had absolutely NO idea that any of the Yamato Takeru kaiju even existed until I stumbled across the K.W.C's roster statistics years ago. I also had no idea who Black Moth was, and the only Zone Fighter character I knew was the titular guy.

So.. yeah, a good chunk of my kaiju knowledge hails from the Kaiju War Chronicles.
Hell, I knew that Zone Fighter and Ultraman existed prior to happening across the KWC, but I didn't know their backstories or list of powers until I finally started reading KWC matches.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Daigoro, Goliath, Gororin, Maguma & Dogora all come to mind. I was a lad when I first discovered the KWC so it's possible there were more but I knew all of the Godzilla movie monsters, Gamera, & Ultraman reps.