How would you feel about X (Ultraman edition)

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
LegendZilla
Sazer

How would you feel about X (Ultraman edition)

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey guys, Legend here. I thought this subforum could use its own "How would you feel about X" thread where we could express whatever interesting ideas we'd like to share, only for Ultraman. Here's my first set of ideas :

1. An Ultra whose home world is a hostile dictatorship that conquers other planets? He starts out as a soldier sent to Earth to invade it, but he turns against his superiors and defends it instead.
2. An episode where the Tokyo police go on strike and the show's Monster-Attack-Team had to substitute?
3. Disney (through Marvel) did their own Ultraman movie or TV show?
4. A sequel to Shin Ultraman that acted as a retelling of Return of Ultraman?
5. Ultraseven's Eye-slugger got destroyed?
6. A female Ultra who's the superior commanding Ultra any given series' lead Ultra?

Anyways, that's all I can think of for now. Here's to hoping you can share come cool ideas too. Cheers. ;)
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: How would you feel about X (Ultraman edition)

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:43 pm Hey guys, Legend here. I thought this subforum could use its own "How would you feel about X" thread where we could express whatever interesting ideas we'd like to share, only for Ultraman. Here's my first set of ideas :

1. An Ultra whose home world is a hostile dictatorship that conquers other planets? He starts out as a soldier sent to Earth to invade it, but he turns against his superiors and defends it instead.
Then it's not an UItra world.
2. An episode where the Tokyo police go on strike and the show's Monster-Attack-Team had to substitute?
I don't live in Japan, but I'm fairly sure the social commentary you're trying to go with here isn't going to be relevant there. I guess it could work, but what's the point of it in a story-driven series limited to only 20-some episodes?
3. Disney (through Marvel) did their own Ultraman movie or TV show?
Welcome it.
4. A sequel to Shin Ultraman that acted as a retelling of Return of Ultraman?
Welcome it.
5. Ultraseven's Eye-slugger got destroyed?
It'd be back within a few episodes, or his next major appearance. So sure?
6. A female Ultra who's the superior commanding Ultra any given series' lead Ultra?
We already have Yullian and Ultra Mother.

- A series where the UItra is actually Belial landing on the Earth and trying to hide from the likes of Zero while being in an incredibly weakened state from his battles. With no other choice, Belial is forced to defend the planet from monster/alien attacks in order to allow himself to gain power and heal. He acts totally different than other Ultras do when on Earth, including not caring who knows he's Belial, his lack of desire and patience for the humans and their defense force, and overall not goofing around in battle. As he does this, he begins a path of redemption as he rediscovers his true Ultraman identity, eventually causing a split between good and evil Belial.

- A New Generation Ultra that has forms based on warriors from around the world. His default mode would be just normal, while his strength form would look and be based on a Spartan, the speed form based on a ninja, the fourth form based on a samurai, etc.

- An Ultra who's base colors are green and silver.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Number 4 is basically confirmed to be happening. In fact, Anno treats Shin Ultraman as a prequel for the movie he always planned to make.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:22 am Number 4 is basically confirmed to be happening. In fact, Anno treats Shin Ultraman as a prequel for the movie he always planned to make.
If Shin Ultraman is only the prologue, I can't wait to see what the main story is!

Maybe the Baltans will come back. They've been gone way too long, from what I've heard.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I am thinking Gomora should return too. Maybe they could have him start out as an adversary, but help the good guys in the end. I know they’re trying to derive as much from the Showa era as possible, but who says they can’t loosen up now and then?