The Dreams thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: The Dreams thread

Post by Gojira1604 »

Dreampt of smashing all my mom's potted plants

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I was at G-Fest and met a girl there. Ended up spending time with her.

Man, life just likes to tease me for being single, doesn't it.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

G-Matt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:39 pm I was at G-Fest and met a girl there. Ended up spending time with her.

I feel you man, I really do

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream about a Native American woman who was having trouble getting her dog under control. The dog is just too vicious and aggressive. No matter what she does, she just can get her dog is calm down. The dream ends with the dog slashing her eyes and she decides to violently remove them by sticking an iron rod inside her sockets and push them out. She is now blind and renames herself "Nocturnal Thunderstorm".
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Dreampt Hedorah turned into Minilla & people on this site were divided about it

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I had a dream I was fighting with Freddy Krueger, at one point kicking a huge stone bridge on top of him to crush him and forcing him to have to lift it up.
Last edited by Kiryu2012 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Had a dream my friends and I were playing a fighting game that featured a bunch of different characters, including a Xenomorph, Agumon, Yoshi, and other such characters that were playable. There was also a character creator where we could make our own custom character, but the game crashed before I could make mine.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:39 am There was also a character creator where we could make our own custom character, but the game crashed before I could make mine.
Don't you hate it when dreams prevent you from having fun or being happy?
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Is it possible to have a dream within a dream?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:07 am Is it possible to have a dream within a dream?
You mean like that Twilight Zone episode "Shadow Play"? That's a story of dreams within dreams, isn't it?
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:07 am Is it possible to have a dream within a dream?
Pretty sure I've done it at least once.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I'm quite sure it's happened to me.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

I dreampt I was in school with Ezri (the trill from DS9). We were both friends, top students & I had a thing 4 her. At one point we visit an animal sanctuary that looks like my old house run by three scruffy looking fellas in the class. We then drive back to the school which now looks more like a mall & I almost run-over several ppl. I don't brake at all just avoid them. She's like, "Watch out!"

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

I woke up in what seemed like a phone booth while it was raining heavily outside, to the point it looked like it was nightfall. I made my way into some town of sorts, where I was led into a bedroom where I went to sleep, before waking up in my room.

gigan72 wrote:
Holy shit man.
My DA

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Had a very introspective and weird dream last night.

The start of the dream is very blurry, and I can only remember being with my friends. Cut to being inside my childhood school gym, where there’s a racket between students. Me and one other guy, let’s name him Jay, grab out shit and bolt out of there laughing. Right after going out the door, we hear a kid, we’ll call him Laddy, screaming a mixture of our names.

It suddenly cuts to me and friend, along with a lot of other kids sitting on the ground, being interviewed by some authority figure. It’s never clear who it is, I believe it was a mix of the school staff and police. We start to get interviewed by the guy, and this guy name drops dates that we’ve supposedly done the worst thing to Laddy. I can’t remember my friend’s date, but mine was July 16th. These dates don’t ring a bell to me right now or me in the dream, so the guy has to explain to Jay and I.

Apparently it’s the day I made fun of Laddy for having cancer (he doesn’t actually have cancer IRL), and Jay apparently offended him to the highest degree by… telling Laddy he had feelings for him. Yeah… The teacher apparently dismisses Jay from the investigation because “he’s just gay”. :dizzy:

Anyways, I do what I normally do, and I try to disarm the guy with humour, and it works. This guy says we’re not in trouble as it happened so long ago, so he lets us off. I ask Jay what the whole thing with Laddy was about, and he explained that he liked Laddy and tried to hold his hand and explain that he liked him but Laddy was deeply grossed out. They were friends, but Jay felt more.

Anyways, I make him feel better, and time flies by. Also, a note on Jay, I didn’t speak it aloud but all throughout this part of the dream I was just so shocked as to why this authority guy outed to everybody in the vicinity that Jay was gay. I hadn’t known, and I don’t think anybody else did.

This is section 1 over. The next section is me, my thoughts, and Godzilla.

I find two videos on YouTube that interest me. One is called “Kiryu and Monster X vs Godzilla and Gamera”. It’s an old-1920s/1930s style film, with a greyish brown atmosphere that turns more a deep blue. It was filmed from only a few angles, and is mostly side on from the action. Kiryu attacks Godzilla by drilling into his neck, but Godzilla fires a purple beam into Kiryu’s face. Kiryu rather than being blasted away, shuts down and dies. Monster X isn’t amused, and uses his beams much like Keizer Ghidorah, and throws Gamera and Godzilla into a mountainous, craggily prison.

Once each are put into prison, and unnerving close up of their face is shown while they roar. Gamera, who appeared much like he did in the 60s, did so normally. Godzilla however, was a bit different. Godzilla, who looked like his 2002 design, was picked up and place into the prison. When the face shot came, it didn’t appear as expected. Instead of being Kiryu saga Godzilla, it was 1955 Godzilla, who combined with the atmosphere of the video looked much more creepy. And instead of a Godzilla roar, it was simply a woman’s scream, much like those screamer videos that YouTubers like to watch.

The next video was supposedly a lost Toho film. Rather, the original version of ToMG. The thumbnail simply had Godzilla 1975, Mechagodzilla 1975 and Titanosaurus standing around. Apparently the video also had 445.5 million views. I view it, and I go into the video. It’s just a large room, with the miniature sets all over the floor, and the walls and ceiling are painted to fit the scene. It was a beachside town.

It felt like I wasn’t meant to be there, and like they were ignoring me. They were fighting, but it was nowhere near as enthusiastic as the real film. Eventually, Godzilla noticed me, and stopped fighting the other two. MG and Titano actually left the room, shutting the door behind them. Leaving me with Godzilla, staring into my soul. I find a tube of silver paint in my hand, so I squirt it at Godzilla. His neck was covered in silver paint, and he looked fed up. I escape the video, only to find the video was a lie. It didn’t have 445.5 million views, but only 338 thousand. I was lied to by my own dream to make myself feel better about the irrelevancy of these films to the wider audience.

And then I woke up.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

G-Matt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:39 pm I was at G-Fest and met a girl there. Ended up spending time with her.

Or, hear me out… … …

You caught a vision of the future.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream that I bought an Apple II computer from a thrift shop. My brother and I then played a few Atari arcade games on it, which shouldn't even be possible.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Had a dream I was fighting Russians in WW2, and also time traveled back to 2011.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Almost forgot to post this but I had (what I'm pretty sure is) my first dream regarding Evangelion. Not sure how it came up in my brain but it did. Basically, I was watching a video regarding differences between sub and dub for the original series with friends. I can only remember one of those aforementioned differences. In this dream version of NGE, Shinji worked at a convenience store and had to deal with an angry boss that was always off-screen. The difference here is that the boss only actually talks in the dub, with the original Japanese version only implying his existence through other people's reactions to him. I was really shocked by this.

But wait, there's more! Either after the video ended or during it, I found myself watching EoE's opening scene. But as dreams often do, this is far from whatever the movie actually started with. Basically, we see Shinji and Asuka in the same bed with the former awake and staring in the other direction. Shinji monologues about something I can't remember and I'm pretty sure the "camera" started spinning during this. That's all I remember. And just to be clear because I know someone's thinking this, I don't ship Shinji with Asuka. Honestly, I don't really see any two characters in Evangelion having that sort of relationship with each other. My sleeping mind just kinda went to that for some reason.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I had a dream that I was working at my job, but I somehow lost my shirt. So, for the majority of the time, I was bring out food and drinks.....while being shirtless for most of the time. I was pretty embarrassed.

"That makes two of us."

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!