MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Re: MonsterVerse: Fan Theories & Head Canons

Post by Janjira-York »

Im not sure if its been stated anywhere else, probably now with the power scaling on the monster verse just rising ala showa era from slow heavy monsters to the chaos of later moveis.

but my head canos is that the jet black mutos could VERY easily kill ghidorah with a number between 5-8ish given how If they managed to bring it down its a source of space radiation feast, like 2 ones who by most means were weaker in physical form, mass and strength gave g14 trouble and numerical advantage makes things tip a match in the numerous favour.

and another headcanon for how ghidorah did not run into that sort of problems in the story we saw, fucker just did hit and run and floated to space, high thin athmosphere after raiding muto sites ground nests from the sky, since muto males seems to have more conventional flying methods, possiibly how he also got the drop on godzillas since aint no way he didnt get murdered if more than one Gs just grabbed him

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Janjira-York wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:56 pm Im not sure if its been stated anywhere else, probably now with the power scaling on the monster verse just rising ala showa era from slow heavy monsters to the chaos of later moveis.

but my head canos is that the jet black mutos could VERY easily kill ghidorah with a number between 5-8ish given how If they managed to bring it down its a source of space radiation feast, like 2 ones who by most means were weaker in physical form, mass and strength gave g14 trouble and numerical advantage makes things tip a match in the numerous favour.

and another headcanon for how ghidorah did not run into that sort of problems in the story we saw, fucker just did hit and run and floated to space, high thin athmosphere after raiding muto sites ground nests from the sky, since muto males seems to have more conventional flying methods, possiibly how he also got the drop on godzillas since aint no way he didnt get murdered if more than one Gs just grabbed him
What?? You gotta word this better cause I'm lost
Image Image

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

KingKong2005 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:38 pm
Janjira-York wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:56 pm Im not sure if its been stated anywhere else, probably now with the power scaling on the monster verse just rising ala showa era from slow heavy monsters to the chaos of later moveis.

ok me thinks like 8 of the 2014 stile mutos could take down ghidorah if they got to him

and me thinks the only reason ghidorah did as good as he did killing a lot back in the permian was basically hit and run tactics and how his flying and space faring nature would just put him out of reach if at some point he got in trouble in aerial battles

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Janjira-York wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:54 pm
KingKong2005 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:38 pm

ok me thinks like 8 of the 2014 stile mutos could take down ghidorah if they got to him

and me thinks the only reason ghidorah did as good as he did killing a lot back in the permian was basically hit and run tactics and how his flying and space faring nature would just put him out of reach if at some point he got in trouble in aerial battles
Ah I got you now. Yeah I was lost when you brought up the Jet Black Mutos and what the space radiation would have to do with them and Ghidorah. I don't think they'd be able to absorb that radiation unless they can siphon it outta him. And that's assuming he even has any.
Image Image

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

oh I worded it wrong I meant with jet black as in 14 mutos or similar (to differentiate from both prime and the ugly one from kotm) would probably have a good lunch for their kids with ghidorah.

like space has radiation, ghidorah must have some sort of inner radiation the sucker needs to produce energy for the bolts, and has huuuge guts, and he isnt like toxic to earth based kaiju else G would have gotten food poisoning from eating one of the heads lmao.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

The Kraken in the Skull Island animated series and Na Kika from Dominion are likely part of the same species.

Lauren Griffin from KotM, and Annie from Skull Island could be bisexual.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

SonOfGorgo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:57 am Lauren Griffin from KotM, and Annie from Skull Island could be bisexual.
Man what the fuck?? Annie is 16. And what could have even alluded to that?? I wouldn't be against it but literally nothing alluded to her sexuality. Same with Lauren from what I can remember.
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Lol yeah what. She’s a bisexual? There’s no indication of that at all.

Sounds like people wanting credit for being progressive but without actually doing the work

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:53 pm Sounds like people wanting credit for being progressive but without actually doing the work
As is tradition

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

KingKong2005 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:36 pm
SonOfGorgo wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:57 am Lauren Griffin from KotM, and Annie from Skull Island could be bisexual.
Man what the fuck?? Annie is 16. And what could have even alluded to that?? I wouldn't be against it but literally nothing alluded to her sexuality. Same with Lauren from what I can remember.
Chill dude. I didn’t mean to cause much of a ruckus. To be honest, I was kinda alluding to the actresses who played them. But hey, that’s just me.
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

TBH Lauren Griffin could be anything because she's basically a blank slate, at least in movie canon. Does get me thinking that a g-team movie or miniseries would be cool, I know O'Shea Jackson Jr's into it.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Monsterverse Godzilla fought the giant mosasaur Ryujin from the unreleased G Heritage movie somewhere in the ocean in 2018 but nobody knows about it.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Jerry from K:SI was related to Sam Coleman from G:KotM.

In the Heart of the Sea is in the MonsterVerse, and Moby Dick is among the Titans.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

If Megalodons from the Meg exist in the monsterverse, then they've been undisturbed by man. Think of the two series as alternate continuities. Or maybe Tiamat ate them and the Giant Octopus.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

SonOfGorgo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:41 am Jerry from K:SI was related to Sam Coleman from G:KotM.

In the Heart of the Sea is in the MonsterVerse, and Moby Dick is among the Titans.
If I recall, the first one was confirmed, Sam is Jerry's grandson.

Moby Dick as a Titan would be dope too.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

BennettCommando
Monarch Researcher

Post by BennettCommando »

Some of my new head canons.

1.There are several KOTM Titans that dwells in Hollow Earth. Such as Behemoth, Methuselah, Mokele Mbembe,etc.

2.A variant of Rodan and Mothra also lives in Hollow Earth.

3.Many prehistoric creatures that live in Hollow Earth eventually hyper-evolved into Superspecies or Titans due to exposure from HE energy and Titan radiations. That means there are Titans,Sub-Titans or Superspecies that based on non-avian dinosaurs or other prehistoric creatures.

4.There are dragon monsters that has a more traditional saurian/reptilian appearance. Such as Yamata no Orochi,Ethiopian dragons,etc. Which is why the scientists of Monarch initially thought King Ghidorah was one of the Earth Titans. However,none of these dragon monsters are as powerful and menacing as King Ghidorah.

5.It is quite likely that King Ghidorah and it's kind hailed from an Earth-like environment,hence the Draconic appearance.

6.The Dinosaurian Titans/Sub-Titans/Superspecies had a retro-style appearance. Some of Theropods even grow Godzilla-like features as a form of Convergent evolution. There are also Theropod Titans that has features of Theropods and armored herbivorous dinosaurs.
Last edited by BennettCommando on Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

After some conversations IRL and on Reddit, my new headcanon is that Godzilla: Awakening IS still canon...but that Serizawa Sr. is suffering from the early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's, and thus his retelling of the early days and his time at Monarch is incorrect due to misrememberings and conflating different events together:
  • His description of surviving Hiroshima is flawed because he remembers Dr. Serizawa being present as an infant which is not possible considering his age. Either the infant is an until-now never mentioned older brother, or Serizawa Sr.'s misremembering.
  • The incident where Serizawa Sr. and his shipmates find the Shinomura and a wrecked ship in the jungle of some island and is rescued by Shaw, who immediately recruits him into Monarch is his poor recollection combining memory of being told (possibly by Shaw) about Shaw, Miura, and Randa finding the USS Lawton in the jungles of the Philippines and encountering the Ion Dragon (Shinomura?) with a memory of being rescued by Shaw from a shipwreck and being recruited into Monarch.
  • In fact, I'm going to suggest Serizawa Sr. doesn't actually join Monarch until sometime after 1955, since in his memory he seems unaware that at one point Shaw was in command of Monarch. He knows Monarch was started in the 1940s, that they answered to an American general, and had a mix of American and Japanese personnel. I'm going to propose the shipwreck and Serizawa Sr.'s recruitment happened in 1956, not 1946 as he tells Dr. Serizawa.
  • Serizawa Sr. is similarly confused about the nuclear test. He knows that Godzilla was present and nuked at Castle Bravo, but because of his unreliable memory is confusing it with one of the attempted nukings he did witness. Probably one of the Operation Redwing (1956) or Operation Hardtack I (1958) tests which I suspect MLOM is going to reveal were secretly all attempts to kill Godzilla.
Perhaps he did have a close relationship with Shaw, but one we're not going to see onscreen because MLOM is focused on the relationship Shaw had with the Randa family. But if Serizawa makes a cameo in one of the last episodes it could be really interesting to see how much of this is confirmed.

Also, I've continued keeping track of how my headcanon that Rampage (2018) takes place in the MonsterVerse fits, keeping an eye out for anything that would knock the movie's events out of continuity, and so far nothing in Monarch really contradicts it. If anything, the show's depiction of Monarch seems to match up even better with Rampage than G14's did and the most recent episode makes Energyne seem like it'd fit right in as a competitor to Apex. I'm constantly amazed at how it's been YEARS now, multiple movies and shows have come out in between, and somehow the "Rampage (2018) is in the MonsterVerse" headcanon remains intact. xD
Last edited by Pkmatrix on Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Pkmatrix wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:37 pm After some conversations IRL and on Reddit, my new headcanon is that Godzilla: Awakening IS still canon...but that Serizawa Sr. is suffering from the early stages of dementia or Alzheimer's, and thus his retelling of the early days and his time at Monarch is incorrect due to misrememberings and conflating different events together:
  • His description of surviving Hiroshima is flawed because he remembers Dr. Serizawa being present as an infant which is not possible considering his age. Either the infant is an until-now never mentioned older brother, or Serizawa Sr.'s misremembering.
  • The incident where Serizawa Sr. and his shipmates find the Shinomura and a wrecked ship in the jungle of some island and is rescued by Shaw, who immediately recruits him into Monarch is his poor recollection combining memory of being told (possibly by Shaw) about Shaw, Miura, and Randa finding the USS Lawton in the jungles of the Philippines and encountering the Ion Dragon (Shinomura?) with a memory of being rescued by Shaw from a shipwreck and being recruited into Monarch.
  • In fact, I'm going to suggest Serizawa Sr. doesn't actually join Monarch until sometime after 1955, since in his memory he seems unaware that at one point Shaw was in command of Monarch. He knows Monarch was started in the 1940s, that they answered to an American general, and had a mix of American and Japanese personnel. I'm going to propose the shipwreck and Serizawa Sr.'s recruitment happened in 1956, not 1946 as he tells Dr. Serizawa.
  • Serizawa Sr. is similarly confused about the nuclear test. He knows that Godzilla was present and nuked at Castle Bravo, but because of his unreliable memory is confusing it with one of the attempted nukings he did witness. Probably one of the Operation Redwing (1956) or Operation Hardtack I (1958) tests which I suspect MLOM is going to reveal were secretly all attempts to kill Godzilla.
Perhaps he did have a close relationship with Shaw, but one we're not going to see onscreen because MLOM is focused on the relationship Shaw had with the Randa family. But if Serizawa makes a cameo in one of the last episodes it could be really interesting to see how much of this is confirmed.

Also, I've continued keeping track of how my headcanon that Rampage (2018) takes place in the MonsterVerse fits, keeping an eye out for anything that would knock the movie's events out of continuity, and so far nothing in Monarch really contradicts it. If anything, the show's depiction of Monarch seems to match up even better with Rampage than G14's did and the most recent episode makes Energyne seem like it'd fit right in as a competitor to Apex. I'm constantly amazed at how it's been YEARS now, multiple movies and shows have come out in between, and somehow the "Rampage (2018) is in the MonsterVerse" headcanon remains intact. xD
I've always had the same thoughts about Rampage as well as The Meg (haven't seen Meg 2 yet). I do like to chuckle at the possible tagline of a proper Rampage in the MV reveal. Big meets Bigger meets Biggest. Assuming Rock comes back.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Spoiler:
The Endopede emits the MUTO roar, that is a form of mimicry. It's their natural way of scaring bigger creatures but mimicking the larger MUTO/Jinshin Mushi species.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Alas, as the season went on M:LOM doubled down on knocking Godzilla: Awakening out of continuity as thoroughly as possible so even my bit of fanon from earlier is out the window. >_>

On the plus side, I've adopted as fanon that the unnamed Monarch scientist seen during the sequence where the Male MUTO awakens who looks kinda like Tim IS Tim.