Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Also depends on when you’re queuing for a match I suppose. I take my lumps till I can get a map

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

You know what I hate even more than the cheaters in this game? The people who play normally but start cheating once it's obvious they're losing. I just had a fight with this one player named Nebula who was putting up a good fight, but was clearly getting chipped away by my units bit by bit. Just as it came time for me to land the finishing blow, he suddenly starts spouting out an unending wave of Mechagodzilla '93, Rodan '93, Battra Imago, Plant Beast Biollante, and Kamacuras Swarm over and over and over and over without pause until it got to the point I could no longer even reach his leader. Effin' ridiculous. If you're gonna pull that bullcrap at least make it obvious from the start instead of pretending to be a good sport.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:51 pm You know what I hate even more than the cheaters in this game? The people who play normally but start cheating once it's obvious they're losing. I just had a fight with this one player named Nebula who was putting up a good fight, but was clearly getting chipped away by my units bit by bit. Just as it came time for me to land the finishing blow, he suddenly starts spouting out an unending wave of Mechagodzilla '93, Rodan '93, Battra Imago, Plant Beast Biollante, and Kamacuras Swarm over and over and over and over without pause until it got to the point I could no longer even reach his leader. Effin' ridiculous. If you're gonna pull that bullcrap at least make it obvious from the start instead of pretending to be a good sport.
I’ve never understood what fun a game could possibly be if you need to cheat to play it

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Final Wars Godzilla is now in Battle Line, and looking at his move set, he might be a better alternative to G89 if people can get him to high level.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:03 am Final Wars Godzilla is now in Battle Line, and looking at his move set, he might be a better alternative to G89 if people can get him to high level.
At lvl 7 he seems pretty damn good. He is also a possible evolution for Kiryu, as I found out.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:03 am Final Wars Godzilla is now in Battle Line, and looking at his move set, he might be a better alternative to G89 if people can get him to high level.
2004 is very versatile. Has the same health as Godzilla 1954, but does a lot more damage and can both defeat swarms while also leverage knockback. That said, I would say he more overshadows Kong (who wasn't really meta anyway) than Godzilla 1989, since the latter has more health and deals quite a bit more damage than 2004.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Arbok wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:27 pm
2004 is very versatile. Has the same health as Godzilla 1954, but does a lot more damage and can both defeat swarms while also leverage knockback. That said, I would say he more overshadows Kong (who wasn't really meta anyway) than Godzilla 1989, since the latter has more health and deals quite a bit more damage than 2004.
That makes sense, but he does do knockback with the tail, so he can counter Angy and G89, but then he uses the no-knockback atomic breath, so Showa Jet Jaguar would be better to counter him, if only Jet wasn't bad in the game.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Hey All,

So, using the values from Studio mode and some number crunching, I have deduced the actual movement speeds for most of the units in the game. I've added these numbers to the site, but I figured it might be cool to see them listed from high to low here. I'll also include the unknowns at the bottom. Keep in mind this is only their "base speed" too. It doesn't factor in when units change their speeds, like Ultraman being able to fly or the charge for King Caesar/Mothra Leo.

Personally was surprised by a few things here, in particular that Anguirus 1955 and Rodan 1993 are tied for speed, although Rodan's initial speed boost masks this a little.

Rodan (1964): 26
Gigan (1972): 24
Minilla: 22
Fire Rodan: 20
Kamacuras: 20
Battra: 18
Destoroyah Flying: 18
Megaguirus: 18
Mothra (1992): 18
Destoroyah Larva: 16
Dorat: 16
Gigan (2004): 16
Jet Jaguar (2021): 15
Destoroyah Aggregate 14
Godzilla (1989): 14
King Caesar: 14
Mecha-King Ghidorah: 14
Anguirus (1955): 13
Godzilla (2021): 13
Godzilla Terrestris: 13
Godzilla Ultima: 13
Mefilas: 13
Rodan (1993): 13
Biollante Plant: 12
Godzilla 2016 Third [pretty sure he doesn't move, but this is the listed number]: 12
King Ghidorah (1991): 12
Kong: 12
SpaceGodzilla: 12
Jet Jaguar (1973 Giant): 11
Kiryu: 11
Mechagodzilla (1993): 11
Desghidorah: 10
Hedorah Mature: 10
Neronga: 10
Ultraman: 10
Mothra Leo: 9
Burning Godzilla: 8
Destoroyah Perfect: 8
Godzilla (1954): 8
Godzilla 2016 Fourth: 6
Godzilla 2016 Second: 6
Battra Larva: 5
Hedorah Flying: 5
Mothra (1992 Larva): 5
Giant Octopus: 4
Godzilla Earth: 4
Biollante Flower: 2
Jet Jaguar (1973): 0

Unlisted/Unknown
Godzilla 2004: Coming soon but 11 or higher
B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber: 11 or higher
MBAW-93: 11 or higher
Super X: 11 or higher
AH-64D Helicopters: 11 or higher
Moguera (1957): Somewhere from 5-10
Last edited by Arbok on Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Thanks for the speed list!

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

There’s no reason a rank 1200+ should keep matching vs top 10. The battle que matchup in this game is one of the worst ever. Guess they need punching bags for the big spenders. Just basic programming to fix this but I guess they dgaf

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

My favorite matches are when I put down monsters that just phase shift and do nothing or when as soon as the match starts it says you lose 0 seconds in. Ugh

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Don’t get me wrong the game is fun when not being beat down by the top 50 or having a bugged match

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:22 pm There’s no reason a rank 1200+ should keep matching vs top 10. The battle que matchup in this game is one of the worst ever. Guess they need punching bags for the big spenders. Just basic programming to fix this but I guess they dgaf
Ranking does need an improvement. I can understand why they pit rank 62s against rank 65 at the start of a new season, as there aren't that many players rushing to the top. However, it should slide so that by the end of the season rank 65 can only be matched with rank 65. For that matter, they should also expand the maximum rank as the season goes on, like to 70 or something at least. However, Toho hasn't adjusted ranking since at least April, when they made it possible for rank 62 to match 65 (prior to that you had to be rank 63 to match... but prior to that you could also be matched back to back against the same player which sucked).
BalSac Johnson wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:32 am My favorite matches are when I put down monsters that just phase shift and do nothing or when as soon as the match starts it says you lose 0 seconds in. Ugh
Pretty sure both of these are matching and connection issues on Toho's side. I feel like they are improving on these as time goes on, but issues still remain.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

It’s a great game just excruciatingly painful at times. Hopefully they work out the kinks

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

the max level for units will be increased from 40 to 50 for one to three star units. The max level will also increase from level 30 to 40 for four star units.
Nooo not again whyyy :cry:

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:12 pm
the max level for units will be increased from 40 to 50 for one to three star units. The max level will also increase from level 30 to 40 for four star units.
Should be interesting…. Perhaps a rework of que balancing? Or not :(

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:12 pm
$$

Toho will probably see a lot of revenue from the big spenders once this hits as they rush to max units.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Arbok wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 am$$

Toho will probably see a lot of revenue from the big spenders once this hits as they rush to max units.
But if we can max out our main team of units, then we can start spending $$ maxing out all the other units...

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Evangelion crossover next. November 3rd.

https://twitter.com/Gz_battleline/statu ... 3535313920

Adding a non-Godzilla character to the game is certainly one way to celebrate Godzilla day, but I guess I'll take it.
Last edited by Shenanigans on Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Would still like to see Gamera in the game