Super Godzilla Returns [Fan Game / Remake / Sequel]

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [12-1-17]

Post by LegendZilla »

I have been playing Super Mario RPG on emulator as of late and that inspires me to give some suggestions : Have you considered incorporating timed attacks into the game’s fighting system? It would certainly make it a little more dynamic. Also for those of you who have played the game do you any of you recall a optional hidden boss named Culex? If so, I think that maybe doing something similar with Red from Cosbydaf’s Creepypasta would work out as well.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Post by Burninggodzillalord »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:They're even scarier now :lol:
Just add sunglasses to them all lol.
Well I'm not as experienced with humans, but I'll see what I can do with them before I get Ep 1 out.
LegendZilla wrote:I have been playing Super Mario RPG on emulator as of late and that inspires me to give some suggestions : Have you considered incorporating timed attacks into the game’s fighting system? It would certainly make it a little more dynamic. Also for those of you who have played the game do you any of you recall a optional hidden boss named Culex? If so, I think that maybe doing something similar with Red from Cosbydaf’s Creepypasta would work out as well.
I have been thinking the same lately as I've been watching Vinesauce play Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga. I'll have to scrounge around to see if I can find a script that works with the others. As for optional bosses, I'm sure there will be some.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^In that case, I wish you the best of luck. Btw, do you plan on making Dogolas the final boss?

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

LegendZilla wrote:^In that case, I wish you the best of luck. Btw, do you plan on making Dogolas the final boss?
Dogolas will be a boss, but not the final boss.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Mind if I make another suggestion assuming you've not already done it yet? Have you added animations of the kaiju doing their attacks instead of it just being implied via text?

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

LegendZilla wrote:^Mind if I make another suggestion assuming you've not already done it yet? Have you added animations of the kaiju doing their attacks instead of it just being implied via text?
The current version has stock animations, but I planned to have custom animations for the next version. The text will still be there too.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:^Mind if I make another suggestion assuming you've not already done it yet? Have you added animations of the kaiju doing their attacks instead of it just being implied via text?
The current version has stock animations, but I planned to have custom animations for the next version. The text will still be there too.
Good to hear.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Quick update! Previously I wanted to make the next version Episode 1 with the updated graphics (and everything else), but now I have decided that I should make the next release be Episode 2, with 6 new stages on top of the updates for the first Episode. As you'd expect, that means more work and thus more time to work on it, but I feel that it's the most sense to just go forward with the game instead of just giving the same content again but improved without a whole lot of new stuff to look forward to. Also I've felt like working on the game more as of late so I've been getting more progress done than I have been the last few months.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:
The current version has stock animations, but I planned to have custom animations for the next version. ---
Going to add to this!

Notice me senpai!
Disclaimer wrote:Note: This is a Work in Progress, meaning this can be subject to change in the future. What you see here is not indicative of the final product.
ie: Tail animation >
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

So it's been apparently over 5 months since my last update here. Oops. I current plans are to get the revamped Episode 1 released by the end of this month, if not by February. Then I will progress to Episode 2 immediately afterwards, and hopefully get that out at some point sooner than later. I would have had it done by now, but life ordeals and the like, you know. Anyways, thanks for waiting so long for me to finally get this thing done.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Still in development. I've been too lazy to work on it enough to get anything worthwhile to show at this point. I apologize to everyone who has been waiting for this game for the past 4+ years it has been being made.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

No worries, whenever you have the time to update, have at it... :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

BGL here posting an update to the game. I will be trying to do some progress in the coming days. I have decided to scale back some features I have probably said will be in the game in order to fully focus on getting the game out in a playable form. On top of having personal issues, the game just became too ambitious to fully create the vision I have/had for it. The facts are that I don't have enough time to do all that I wanted, and that's just how it is. My focus for this project is to get Episode 1's update complete then work on Episode 2, then 3. This is currently all I have plans for at this time.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

The game isn't dead! BGL here again with another update! Alot of the nonsense that has been going on in my life since -you know when- has finally started to die down. Unfortunately I have nothing new to show as of late, as I have technically just started back up on the project. What I can share is that me and my "team" (of 1 other guy) are working on several new things including a new battle system more similar to the original game, but less aggravating (Looking at you, Mechagodzilla!). Of course it's still being worked on and nothing is set in stone, but the plan is to have the updated NEW version of the current game to be released. The updates planned are as follows:

*New Battle System! Similar to the original to some extent.
*Battle Animations!
*Updated Graphics!
*New Items / Changes to Items!
*Updated level designs!
*Various story element changes!
*And more!

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

This is a mock-up of the new battle system. I have abandoned the built-in RPG Maker battle system for one that is similar to the original Super Godzilla system, but with refinements and changes. This is a work in progress and subject to changes, but the idea is that you can choose which attack you want, with a chance to miss or varied damage that is determined by your Fighting Spirit gauge. Currently, I still have it planned to be turn-based. Other ideas I am going to try out are Action Commands that can have Godzilla deal more damage, receive less damage, or dodge attacks. Another idea is dynamic battle sequences using Action Commands, such as the enemy fleeing and having Godzilla dodge attacks or destroy terrain while trying to return to the enemy. Some details such as the Punch mechanic and how Fighting Spirit works is still under consideration, so please bear with me while I figure things out. I plan on posting a demonstration video to Youtube, which I will link here, when I have completed this to an acceptable degree. :Mechagodzilla74:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Burninggodzillalord wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:48 pm This is a work in progress and subject to changes, but the idea is that you can choose which attack you want, with a chance to miss or varied damage that is determined by your Fighting Spirit gauge.
Oh, that's fantastic. Definitely looking forward to trying out the new system!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Re: Super Godzilla Returns [Fan Game / Remake / Sequel]

Post by Legendary Minya »

Just kinda stumbled across this and I'm really interested!
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Today I bring the new Logo for the game!

I incorporated details from both US and JP versions of the game.

I also learned how Fonts work for RPG Maker, so I recreated the Super Godzilla font into a font file and added it to the game, as seen in the example above.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Dang, this game is still being worked on.

That's cool.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Hello everyone. Due to an unforeseen circumstance, I was on hiatus for the last 10 months. As of today I am back and will be continuing work on Super Godzilla Returns once again!