What ruined your day?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What ruined your day?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/29/euro ... index.html

Maybe news, but this is horrible. Assuming that this is an intentional maneuver by the Russian government it’s also a pretty damning thing.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:26 am https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/29/euro ... index.html

Maybe news, but this is horrible. Assuming that this is an intentional maneuver by the Russian government it’s also a pretty damning thing.
Just saw that yesterday. Fucking horrifying.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

My favorite city in the world, St. Augustine, is completely under water from the hurricane. The same hurricane that is only hours from hitting my city. Did I mention that I am expected to show up at 5 am tomorrow for work?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I think the free world is royally fucked now.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally fucked now.
Because of a hurricane?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally fucked now.
This just in, Hurricane Ian destroys Liberty, Self Determination, and Capitalism!
Last edited by Voyager on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Guys, stop.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:52 am
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally skreeonked now.
Because of a hurricane?
You don't think it's screwed up someone has to work (which I assume is a retail or service/non essential) while a deadly hurricane is making landfall in town? :eh:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Yeah its a little fucked. Thankfully, the hurricane decided last second to not hit my city.....which happens every single time, actually. We've never taken a direct hit and every time we've been in the path it has changed before it reached us. I was so confident our luck would run out but it seems like yet again we avoided getting hit.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

StardustGenius wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:47 am
Legion1979 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:52 am
LegendZilla wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:31 pm ^I think the free world is royally skreeonked now.
Because of a hurricane?
You don't think it's screwed up someone has to work (which I assume is a retail or service/non essential) while a deadly hurricane is making landfall in town? :eh:
No, I'm talking about what's happening in Ukraine. Specifically Putin's annexation of those regions.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

[/quote]

No, I'm talking about what's happening in Ukraine.
[/quote]

That's also pretty screwed up. Not a big fan of wars of empire.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

If it makes things any better, it seems like the citizens that live in the regions Putin annexed are largely pro Russia.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

I suppose? But that doesn't change one country with a big military invaded another under false pretenses. "Invading to Denazify Ukraine" is literally the same dumb logic as "Invade Iraq to get the terrorists." It's all empire crap to me. And I'd be wary of any kind of referendums held at literal gunpoint. There was an argument to be made that perhaps these regions been given autonomy back in 2014. Perhaps there should still be. But Any "legitimacy" for supporting these regions from Russia's behalf was thrown out the window when some old man wanted to rebuild the old ML fantasy that was the USSR. It was clear that support of local Russian population was not the key objective.
Last edited by StardustGenius on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Pulled a muscle in my back lifting furniture...

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

(NEVERMIND THIS MESSAGE)
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:21 pm Its a super nuanced issue for sure, and I'm not 100% conclusive on my opinion on it. America of course is just itching to get involved in another war to fuel our military industrial complex and potentially remove one of our biggest economic rivals from the picture. Russia is fighting against American imperialism, which I respect, but using imperialism to fight imperialism isn't the way to go. Ukraine 's government, particularly Zelensky, seems to be using this invasion to gain clout so that everyone will forget about his long history of being a corrupt piece of shit, which everyone seems to have done. And while Ukraine does have a serious nazi problem, even more than the US, since their government legitimizes nazis, thats clearly not the real reason Putin is invading. Ultimately, we have three countries with malicious intent here and everyone else, the citizens of Ukraine and Russia, getting punished for it.

"when some old man wanted to rebuild the old ML fantasy that was the USSR"
What is this referring to, btw?
This probably should be put in another thread, so mods before you nuke my message here, perhaps move it somewhere else? I don't think flat out deleting this would be helpful, as I think this is an interesting discussion. Not my call in the end, but a suggestion.

Continuing...

That's bunk. There's nothing to be nuanced here. Invaders came into a country they had no business being in, and I support kicking them out. I'm not a centrist, nor a liberal or anything like that. I'm not a campist. The enemy of my enemy is not my friend. I think all empires and states are bad. I'm against unjustified hierarchies, and pro direct control and action for people. I'm an anarchist. Support for the Ukrainian people to resist and kick invaders out of their country has nothing to do with supporting the state. The Ukrainian state has no "authority" over the people, so invaders from another country have even LESS.

Far right fascist parties make up less than 2% of the Ukrainian government. Nazi Militias are fighting the Russians, that is true. But anarchist and left wing militias are also fighting the invaders. It's a chaotic situation where everyone is fighting off invaders. It's the very same arguments used to not support Palestine, when they are fighting their oppression, worried about Hamas being involved. It's not homogenous. Very different story in the US where far right fascist elements are already trying to mainstream themselves in one party, and have for years already, while the other is centrist AT BEST, more concerned for protocol and protecting their failing institutions, rather than genuine liberation and change.

"Fighting Imperialism" in my opinion, is a surface level thing to try and commend, when all empires are all bad. That's a problem with the American Left as elements are too far campist for their sake. "If American Empire is bad, someone fighting it must be good." Russia has had a history of trying to turn nearby states into vassal states. The same thing continued during the time of the USSR. Which is what this diddering old man is trying to restore. It was a fantasy by Marxist-Leninists propped up by many present day folks, thinking it was an actual pro workers place, when the truth is that labor unions were outlawed and dissent was brutally crushed, even in countries that weren't theirs as seen in Hungary. That's why supporters of the USSR, and ML supporters of authoritarian left governments in general are called Tankies (because they sent in tanks to crush opponents), and so reviled by other elements of the left. It's why Left Unity is a historical scam, because MLs have called for it at the expense of anarchists, intellectuals, social libertarians, and workers unions. Every single time.
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:25 pm Pulled a muscle in my back lifting furniture...
Sorry to hear that sir. I hope work can give you time off to recover. I recommend a hot shower and using arnica in the place you pulled. I hope it isn't too bad,

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

So I'm not moving that, because it's part of a whole conversation, but I WOULD ask that we move this conversation to the Ukraine Conflict thread please.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Truth be told, nothing against Stardust, I have no desire of continuing this conversation what so ever. Sometimes I forget that I promised myself not to publicly talk about politics anymore. I'm not against conversation or exchange of ideas, its just extremely tiring, stressful, and generally speaking I'm just bad at it. So I'm just gonna leave it at that.

As for what ruined my day: Apparently I'm not allowed to get days off until they hire another floor cleaner at my work. I doubt anyone is going to want to work 2 days a week and come in at 5 am, so for the foreseeable future I'm stuck working 7 days a week.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 am As for what ruined my day: Apparently I'm not allowed to get days off until they hire another floor cleaner at my work. I doubt anyone is going to want to work 2 days a week and come in at 5 am, so for the foreseeable future I'm stuck working 7 days a week.
That sucks a lot. I hope your situation improves. Is there any way to ask for time off? This is wage slavery.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:10 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:44 am As for what ruined my day: Apparently I'm not allowed to get days off until they hire another floor cleaner at my work. I doubt anyone is going to want to work 2 days a week and come in at 5 am, so for the foreseeable future I'm stuck working 7 days a week.
That sucks a lot. I hope your situation improves. Is there any way to ask for time off? This is wage slavery.
Wait, aren’t there labor laws that are supposed to prevent employers from working their employees every day of the week?