Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Thatguy4683 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:24 am Not until end of 2023 I’d imagine.
Darn it, I would really like it if they done it sooner but I’m ok being patient

Added in 50 seconds:
(also sorry about my actions earlier I took things too personally)

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:16 am Yeah I think Godzilla vs Kong sequel is gonna to be a great movie, I wonder when they’ll marketing the movie
It'll PROBABLY start with a logo around SDCC time and a teaser. The usual.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

Been thinking about something odd since John carpenter is talking about godzilla recently and we know he is a fan how would you fill if he do the soundtrack for godzilla vs Kong 2 .

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Godzillaninja2019 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:45 pm Been thinking about something odd since John carpenter is talking about godzilla recently and we know he is a fan how would you fill if he do the soundtrack for godzilla vs Kong 2 .
Junkie XL is already returning but it's possible something similar with KOTM

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Nothing would please me more than a Shining/The Thing/Halloween (most iconic themes ever) soundtrack from John Carpenter for a Godzilla film.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

I don't think so. He many times mention that he don't fit to modern hollywood, because of that he quit the industry.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Marciosss wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:19 pm I don't think so. He many times mention that he don't fit to modern hollywood, because of that he quit the industry.
As long as he gets paid, he'll do anything.

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

Sammy19 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:21 am
Marciosss wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:19 pm I don't think so. He many times mention that he don't fit to modern hollywood, because of that he quit the industry.
As long as he gets paid, he'll do anything.
That's Dany Trejo philosophy

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

https://www.thewrap.com/godzilla-vs-kong-2-dan-stevens-joins-cast/

Came across this very interesting excerpt from the Wrap article covering the GvK sequel:
At the end of a previous draft of the “Godzilla vs. Kong” script, the Orca machine from 2019’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” is set off inside Hollow Earth. The unearthly properties of Hollow Earth ended up beaming the distress call to other parts of the galaxy and, in the final moments of the script, Godzilla and Kong were seen facing off against all manner of inter-dimensional beasts. Talk about a multiverse of madness!)
The Wrap is one of the more notable entertainment journalism websites as well.
Last edited by kaijukurt on Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

kaijukurt wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:59 pm https://www.thewrap.com/godzilla-vs-kong-2-dan-stevens-joins-cast/

Came across this very interesting excerpt from the Wrap article covering the GvK sequel:
At the end of a previous draft of the “Godzilla vs. Kong” script, the Orca machine from 2019’s “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” is set off inside Hollow Earth. The unearthly properties of Hollow Earth ended up beaming the distress call to other parts of the galaxy and, in the final moments of the script, Godzilla and Kong were seen facing off against all manner of inter-dimensional beasts. Talk about a multiverse of madness!)
If this is true it matches leaks from other insiders as well as the poster leak.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
I can see them taking that ending and stretching out to make this film and then the invasion film actually.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Given that we've had King Ghidorah, MG, and a Hollow Earth, I don't think anything now is too farfetched or bad. I like the idea of the Orca, or some sort of device, either awakening or drawing something to Earth. Maybe just aliens, or maybe an interdimensional creature.

You could do something really fun with Kong standing on top of a building, or being in a big city, and swatting away battalions of alien craft. Would be a fun call back to numerous films where he's shot down by various planes.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:23 pm Given that we've had King Ghidorah, MG, and a Hollow Earth, I don't think anything now is too farfetched or bad. I like the idea of the Orca, or some sort of device, either awakening or drawing something to Earth. Maybe just aliens, or maybe an interdimensional creature.

You could do something really fun with Kong standing on top of a building, or being in a big city, and swatting away battalions of alien craft. Would be a fun call back to numerous films where he's shot down by various planes.
Imagine if that was the Big Pac Rim crossover. The aliens send swarms of their kaiju against the Titans and we never see a Jeager or the Pac Rim cast.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:32 pm Imagine if that was the Big Pac Rim crossover. The aliens send swarms of their kaiju against the Titans and we never see a Jeager or the Pac Rim cast.
I can’t imagine them doing a PR kaiju crossover film but completely leaving out the Jaegers.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

kaijukurt wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:59 pm https://www.thewrap.com/godzilla-vs-kong-2-dan-stevens-joins-cast/

Crazy. Man, if this is what we get in the next movie, I'd be all for it. Sounds like a lot of fun.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

God I hope it's true it's certainly a game changer for sure can't keep pulling these new rival Titans to challenge Godzilla and Kong.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:23 pm Given that we've had King Ghidorah, MG, and a Hollow Earth, I don't think anything now is too farfetched or bad. I like the idea of the Orca, or some sort of device, either awakening or drawing something to Earth. Maybe just aliens, or maybe an interdimensional creature.

To be honest, I think this would be a cool last stand sequence for Kong, like he's protecting Jia or Godzilla while they are setting up something to save the world kinda of situation.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

Have there been any leaks about this movie aside from the Wrap article above?
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 pm

If this is true it matches leaks from other insiders as well as the poster leak.

I can see them taking that ending and stretching out to make this film and then the invasion film actually.
what poster leak?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:24 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:14 pm

what poster leak?

This was apparently leaked and removed in 2017

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

That's...not real, right?