The Big Book of Japanese Giant Monster Movies: The Lost Films

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: The Big Book of Japanese Giant Monster Movies: The Lost Films

Post by mikelcho »

Hey, has anyone been keeping score here? This guy's probably covered everything dealing with lost films and Ian Thorne-esque books that can be covered! I mean, 11 books on both subjects conbined already! What's next?
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

mikelcho wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:02 pm Hey, has anyone been keeping score here? This guy's probably covered everything dealing with lost films that can be covered! I mean, 10 books already! What next?
Some people I know work years to get ONE book published. How is this guy able to keep vomiting out books so fast?

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:22 pm
mikelcho wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:02 pm Hey, has anyone been keeping score here? This guy's probably covered everything dealing with lost films that can be covered! I mean, 10 books already! What next?
Some people I know work years to get ONE book published. How is this guy able to keep vomiting out books so fast?
As I understand it, he was in a situation where he could quit his job and focus on writing. I don't think he's married (yet) and probably doesn't have children, so far as I can see on FB. So it is his full-time job now, unlike the rest of us writers who have to balance it with work and other responsibilities.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just got G-FAN #136 (summer 2022) and found this very interesting little tidbit on p. 62: a new Rex Summeral story by Skip Peel with a very interesting origin.

I quote the opening statement by John LeMay himself:

"The follwing story first appeared in The Big Book of Japanese Giant Monster Movies The Lost Films G-FEST Exclusive Edition. This was originally intended as a 2020 convention exclusive limited edition with extra material that would raise money for G-Fans Helping G-Fans. But we all know what happened in 2020. Will the 'lost edition' of The Lost Films ever surface? Time will tell,..."