Which match are you most excited to work on? (K.W.C.E. Edition)

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Which match are you most excited to work on? (K.W.C.E. Edition)

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

I feel like I'm starting to become more active around these parts....

Anyways, I decided this would make for a nice sister thread to its equvalent in the main K.W.C. forums. So, which match are you most excited to work on for the K.W.C.E.? Personally, I'm most excited to continue to work on Godzilla (Showa) vs Bananazilla and Fukaeru (basically a love letter to SCP and Showa-era films)..... which is one of the only two matches I'm currently working on alongside Siren Head vs Jotnar (which is almost done) :lol:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Which match are you most excited to work on? (K.W.C.E. Edition)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I have a very soft spot for Disney films, some more than others; as a result, I feel a special kind of inner giddiness writing matches with combatants originating from them. One in particular, I’ve already written, and I had an @$$-ton of fun doing so. Another that I’m currently writing right now, I share just as much enthusiasm with. For now, I’ll let the identities of both matches remain secret, for better effect.

However, there are other matches that I’ve been particularly excited to work on:

Copperhead vs Anguirus (Millennium)

Alduin vs King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse)

Meat Eater vs Skullcrawler

Rodan Battle Royale
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

God there’s so many, but if I had to narrow it down to the few I’m most excited for:

Shin Godzilla vs (Showa) Monster Island

Godzilla (MV) vs Godzilla (FW)

Attack Titan vs Icon of Sin

Ultraman Z, Ultraman Geed, Ultraman Zero, and Bullton vs King Ghidorah (Anime) vs Greeza

New Generation Heroes vs Godzilla Earth
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Godzilla (Reiwa) vs. Zilla (Final Wars). I think I found a way to make this work and I'm pretty pumped to try it out.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've been away from the K.W.C.E for a while, so I'm pretty excited to finally get back into the game! Barring one match that I've already started to work on, however, there's two more.

Godzilla (MonsterVerse) vs. Godzilla (American' 94): I haven't entirely "worked out the kinks" on this one, story wise at least, but man I'm foaming at the mouth to when it comes down to the monster action itself; holy crap.

Godzilla (G.M.U.B) vs. Yongary (1999): Godzilla heads to Equestria, AND I simultaneously have the ability to toy with the absolute mindskreeonk that is Reptilian. Need I say more? :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I'm working on I-Rex vs Smaug right now, but here are the other I will also start to work on sooner or later:

Apex and Atlas Destroyer vs Godzilla (2002)
Amhuluk vs King Caesar (Millennium) and Gigan (Millennium)
Mechagodzilla (RPO) vs Beast Titan

Edit: Never mind, I submitted my match and the verifiers made me feel like I write horribly. I honestly don't think I have what it takes to make these matchups.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:52 pm Edit: Never mind, I submitted my match and the verifiers made me feel like I write horribly. I honestly don't think I have what it takes to make these matchups.
Yes you do! You just need to keep at it and keep improving. Nobody becomes a fantastic writer in the span of a day.

Like, the first K.W.C match I ever wrote? It was horrible. It literally read like something you'd see in a comic book. :lol: But as I kept writing, I kept improving. I'm still not perfect, but I'm up to par.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Thank you for the kind words Gigantis, might I ask what your first KWC match is?

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

A week or two ago I would’ve said SyFy Monster Battle Royale, but actually watching the movies they come from (along with being sick, I suppose) has killed much of my enthusiasm.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Definitely Redman vs [REDACTED]

Also wanna do a couple of matches featuring some characters from the Ultra series
Last edited by kaijufanforever on Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

Got a couple more I’m really excited to work on, so here we go!

RED vs Bagan and Bakan (currently focusing on this one)

Kiryu vs Doppelgänger Demon

Leopardon vs Mechagodzilla (Showa)

Alien Baltan vs Jojo the Klownzilla

Perfect Chaos vs Atomic Leviathan vs Yamaton

Aaaaaand a Cuphead match or two
Last edited by GodzillaFan8889 on Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Guy who does stuff, also a KWC/KWCE writer! :D

I go by he/him

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

• Biomonster vs. Godzilla (1954)

Godzilla (2000/2002) vs. Atomic Rex, once I actually get my hands on the Atomic Rex books

Anguirus (Millennium) vs. Sharptooth

A matchup featuring Giganotosaurus (Dino Crisis 2) but I haven't decided on an opponent yet.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

A match featuring Polygon Godzilla that I’m getting closer and closer to completing, ever so gradually…

Added in 4 minutes 3 seconds:
Hell, I might not even send it in right away upon completing it. I might re-read it once and go over it, looking for grammar errors or edits to make before finally sending it.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:52 pm I'm working on I-Rex vs Smaug right now, but here are the other I will also start to work on sooner or later:

Apex and Atlas Destroyer vs Godzilla (2002)
Amhuluk vs King Caesar (Millennium) and Gigan (Millennium)
Mechagodzilla (RPO) vs Beast Titan

Edit: Never mind, I submitted my match and the verifiers made me feel like I write horribly. I honestly don't think I have what it takes to make these matchups.
Hey, don’t feel bad man! Like Gigantis said, you’ll only get better over time. And besides, look at me! Heisei Godzilla vs. Showa Kong had potential to be way better but I kinda fumbled it. Just trust yourself and you’ll get better in no time👍🏼

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:52 pm Never mind, I submitted my match and the verifiers made me feel like I write horribly. I honestly don't think I have what it takes to make these matchups.
I've been there too (heck, I still get rejected pretty consistently). The thing is you take your shortcomings or failures and use them to improve and eventually you'll find a writing style that works out. Just keep trying and you'll get better, same with everything in life.

VegetableBooy
Monarch Researcher

Post by VegetableBooy »

Currently working on Godzilla (2001) vs Guzzlord, but I do have some other matches I was feeling good about doing.

If you check my posts on the KWCE Requests thread, over time I’ve actually considered doing some of them myself albeit some with combatants altered, including:

Ultraman and Super X (III) vs Nick The Demon vs Doppelgänger Demon

Lord Zedd and Serpentera vs Hades

Metal Gear EXCELSUS vs Ebirah (Millenium) and Zilla

Charles Barkley vs Mechagodzilla (Ready Player One)

If you go to the Requests thread, you can see some plot summaries for what these would entail.
Last edited by VegetableBooy on Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

There's a few ideas bouncing through my head right now, some taking more priority than others. There's also two notable matches on the backburner that I definitely plan to get back to (One featuring Polygon Mechagodzilla, the other featuring Ultraman Powered) but in terms of ones not written yet..

Megatron vs. Mo' Mojo

Ultraman Neos vs. Nemesis (Set on Mount Fuji)

Godzilla (Hanna-Barbera) vs. G-Fantis (Set on Infant Island [Heisei])

Godzilla (Minus One) vs. Atomic Rex (Probably going to be my first match using the Chapter System!)