Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Good lord, the new Gigan and Fire Rodan look amazing. They're really putting some great work into this. The new Destoroyah Rage Attack is pretty badass, too.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:44 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:14 am God damn, that looks great. And I think I'm a bit more hyped for this than the G:U one since I actually prefer the controls of STE. If there's one thing I hope to see, I hope they add more dust/debris clouds around buildings when they collapse/sink into the ground. This would help hide the fact they are simply sinking beneath the ground instead of actually crumbling. I'd also add some explosions to the collapsing buildings, maybe utilize the same explosion/fire effects that happen when rockets hit them and the kaiju. I don't remember STE having any real large fire effects, but if possible, add some flames on top of the ruins of fallen buildings could also help if possible.
no fire but check this out

EVERYTHING looks so much better. They're really making the game pop with new colors. And the added smoke/particles makes building collapses look much better too. However, I still gotta say... I wish they'd add those mushroom clouds/fireballs that rise up when oil tanks are destroyed into the destruction of regular buildings, even if randomized. It'd make a lot of it look even better. Part of me even wants to see them when a monster's fully charged beam hits the ground. Just imagine SG swipping it like he did in the destruction mode... And more of those fireballs lifting up from it.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

If you go on the discord, the guy running the show is really active, actively takes suggestions, and also explains what things are feasible and unfeasible. If there is something you'd like to see jump on the discord and let him know, and he'll probably respond pretty quickly if its possible or not. I can post a discord link if you're interested.
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:08 pm If you go on the discord, the guy running the show is really active, actively takes suggestions, and also explains what things are feasible and unfeasible. If there is something you'd like to see jump on the discord and let him know, and he'll probably respond pretty quickly if its possible or not. I can post a discord link if you're interested.
Oh yes please

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:00 pm
Oh yes please
https://discord.gg/R6VTHEdR7J
He Jock it Made of Steel

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

They just released a public demo for the mod Godzilla Save the Earth Melee, its not the easiest to set up but if you follow the instructions it isn't too bad, pretty fun to play so far, totally recommend you guys check it out
He Jock it Made of Steel

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

That new Overhaul Melee mod looks stupendous! I've been following it since they've announced it and they've certainly lived up to expectations. Demo looks great and responsive, can't wait for the full product.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

The demo's incredibly fun. Despite "only" having 9 characters, each one has so much depth, it honestly makes me wish there was like a training mode of sorts where I can practice combos endlessly on various terrain. Only downside is whatever your specs may be, it can either run fine on more modern hardware or absolutely terribly if you're even just a few years out of date.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Is it possible to play this with mouse and keyboard? I downloaded the demo but I don't have a gamepad

Edit: Found a way to play using a Gamecube controller. Missing a few buttons for full control, but I was able to get the gist of gameplay regardless. Loving Heisei MG so far, and I damn near shit a brick when Spacegodzilla's theme from the movie played for him. Kind of disappointed they didn't use Destroyah's from when his final form is revealed.
Last edited by Breakdown on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

The discord regularly hosts tornoments for the demo. I'm no where near good enough to play, but they are super fun to watch, here's probably the best fight I've seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5T3cpNovr8
He Jock it Made of Steel

PrimevalYautja
Ronin

Post by PrimevalYautja »

So, Is anyone Interested on the Competitive Side of Godzilla Save the Earth (XBOX)? Since We can Now Play Online Thanks to Insignia.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

The Godzilla Save The Earth Melee team just announced Showa Godzilla is being added as his own character with a pic of 1962 Godzilla's model as one of his alt skins. Holy crap that is awesome!

https://twitter.com/GodzillaSTE/status/ ... 8762978366

More pics on their twitter page :godzilla1962:
Last edited by Gojira95 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gojira95 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:54 am The Godzilla Save The Earth Melee team just announced Showa Godzilla is being added as his own character with a pic of 1962 Godzilla's model as one of his alt skins. Holy crap that is awesome!

https://twitter.com/GodzillaSTE/status/ ... 8762978366

More pics on their twitter page :godzilla1962:
Holy crap, that is legitimately impressive.

I remember the heads of Godzilla Unleashed: Overhaul wanted to do something similar, trying to mess with the models to bring in other kaiju like Zilla, Gabara and King Kong, but IG that never worked out. This reminds me of that, and it's ACTUALLY happening.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I think it's the same guys who did Unleashed Overhaul
He Jock it Made of Steel

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:59 am I think it's the same guys who did Unleashed Overhaul
It is yeah. I can't wait for this to be finished!

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Happy New Year! Progress continues on Godzilla: Save the Earth MELEE. A Developer Diary was also posted with some insight on the project: http://tinyurl.com/NewYearNewStem
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock