Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:44 pm Been playing through the Link's Awakening remake. Cute game so far but the dungeons are a tad short.
That felt like such an arcadey game that I loved every moment of, but wanted much more out of.

Today, I beat Elden Ring with 120 hours and pretty much doing everything I could. I'm exhausted, satiated, and somehow now left with an inexplicable void.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Still slowly plunking away at Sonic Mania. My brother and I are on the water level that I think is the last one. It's unforgiving to a sadistic extent and doesn't hold the player's hand in any way. In other words, exactly what this type of video game should be.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Currently playing through Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic and just finished up the Graphite level selection. It's just so fun to go back to a game I haven't touched since I was in elementary school and relive those childhood memories and now actually know what I am doing. Once Prehistoric Kingdom comes out, I'll swap my attention over there, but for now it's all Roller Coasters.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:37 am Today, I beat Elden Ring with 120 hours and pretty much doing everything I could. I'm exhausted, satiated, and somehow now left with an inexplicable void.
Speedrun much? It took me 120 hours to get past the character creation screen!
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I'm revisiting one of my all-time favorite RPGs: Grandia II for the Dreamcast. It features some well-known voice actors, including Jodi Benson and Leonardo himself, Cam Clarke. It also has some great animations for the special moves and magic attacks. And I like the story, characters and music, too.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Since my last post I've beaten the following games

Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I really enjoyed this game, it's the first Kirby game I've played and beaten since the original NES title. Very fun and charming, I highly recommend it if you have a Switch.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I ended up being able to get the PS5 version of this and Uncharted 4 for cheap because I owned them on PS4 previously, so I finally got around to playing Lost Legacy. It was a fun side game and really enjoyed it.

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. I really enjoyed this game despite not seeing the last movie. I just played through each episode and didn't bother doing side stuff all that much. I'll probably go back to that at a later date.

Now I'm currently playing through Ni No Kuni: Wraith of the White Witch Remastered on the PS5. It's a PS4 title obviously. Any way I'm really loving this game and I should be near the end of the game. I'm hoping to finish it within the next couple of weeks.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Started Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and man is it an emotional rollercoaster. Kiryu Kazuma is my fav character ever, so this being his last outing has me in awe.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Well the last game I beat was Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. What a thrill! Genuine contender for best game I've ever played, with Sons of Liberty right there with it.

A few days ago I finally picked Guns of the Patriots back up and have been pretty much loving it so far. After that I think I'm gonna try the original Metal Gear before I try and go back to work on Phantom Pain some more.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

FalconEdge
Ronin

Post by FalconEdge »

I've been playing Among Us, Timberborn and World of Warships via steam personally. Mostly playing Among Us as its so fun and addictive.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Heroes of Might and Magic 2.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just finished off GTA 5 recently now I'm almost done with Luigi's Mansion 3.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Playing Yakuza/Like A Dragon 7.

It's a damn masterpiece so far, man this series is pure magic and absolute style. Ichiban Kasuga is the hero everyone needs in their lives, that friend that actually cares. I mean this game is an JRPG about a 42 year old man obsessed with Dragon Quest who is trying to make up on lost time in a world he's been out of for twenty years. But he forms bonds with three certain people along the way, others who are trying to make it through life while a great threat lingers in the distance - or perhaps right in their lives.

I'm not kidding when I say this series is genuine and unique - I even have Goro Majima as my avatar on here. Seriously, if you're ever struggling pick up one of these games, there's one for everyone. The way these games masterfully handle big soap opera plots with substories about the beauty in mundane life is a sight to behold. Like, I just witnessed a substory where I helped this dude listen to his wife since they're both struggling to raise a baby.....and how was that accomplished? By the guy and I accidentally encountering a yakuza clan that dresses up as babies because it's what their.....thing is. But the patriarch of uh, baby clan gives the new father guy a pep talk about listening to his wife and being the best husband and father a family needs. Yeah, weirdest place to receive advice but that's life eh?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Just beat God of War: Ragnarok, it was fantastic. I've spent most of the past year playing the shit out of Elden Ring but I'm finally taking a break. Will be starting on Pokémon Scarlet tomorrow.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I started God of War Ragnarök on PS5 last week. I'm not very far in the game going to probably finish it off in a couple of weeks.

Once I beat that I'm moving on to The Callisto Protocol on the Series X. I'm a big Dead Space fan, so I'm really looking forward to that since it was created by the same person.

PC Specs

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

gvamp wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:21 pm I started God of War Ragnarök on PS5 last week. I'm not very far in the game going to probably finish it off in a couple of weeks.

Once I beat that I'm moving on to The Callisto Protocol on the Series X. I'm a big Dead Space fan, so I'm really looking forward to that since it was created by the same person.
GOW Ragnarok is fantastic. I'm also a big Dead Space fan, very much looking forward to both Callisto and the DS1 remake!
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I started playing Metroid Prime again a few days ago, in honor of its 20th(!) Anniversary. Still such a cool game.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Have revamped my FO4 & Skyrim (X-Box ONE S) for the umpteenth time. Probably stick with those as my main games until MODs are no longer supported. :)
Last edited by Red-Death Gigan on Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I finished High on Life last week. I really enjoyed it because I'm a fan of Rick and Morty so if you like that kind of humor and have an Xbox or PC then I'd recommend picking it up. It should be coming to PS later this year.

Finally, I started Ys VIII on the Switch. This is my first Ys game and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's a nice action RPG with elements of base building. It, kind of reminds me of Phantasy Star Online from the Dreamcast meets Final Fantasy and Animal Crossing.

PC Specs

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Blood: Fresh Supply.

I'd always heard of Civvie 11 but figured he was probably overrated as being a great YouTuber. I can happily say I was wrong, and his glowing praise of Blood prompted me to buy it for peanuts.

It's a great shooter, but very difficult and frustrating. Even on the "normal" difficulty, it almost made me quit on the first few levels. Having not been a shooter guy, it was a steep learning curve. Eventually I got the hang of it and thoroughly enjoyed it! I've beaten the normal levels, the DLC and a majority of the most recognized mod for it (name escapes me). What remains is to finish that, then beat the rest of the game on the higher difficulties.
Resized Image

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice. First rented it from GameFly in 2014, actually bought it in 2017, but didn't finally finished it until just tonight.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft