Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Already unlocked Neronga, and I like him! Except that he can't take a hit!
I really wish they'd do something about the Super-X, it's legit a constant annoyance. Ultraman seems to be a cool unit, can't wait to use him.
Has anyone played with studio mode?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:04 am Already unlocked Neronga, and I like him! Except that he can't take a hit!
I really wish they'd do something about the Super-X, it's legit a constant annoyance. Ultraman seems to be a cool unit, can't wait to use him.
Has anyone played with studio mode?
Yeah and I'm kind of underwhelmed tbh. You can only place one monster in the diorama, and the one it fights is completely random. They also showed off skins for Biogoji and Godzilla Earth but I don't see either in their unlocks.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Yeah, it's a cool idea but the wait time sucks. Seems like it could be a cool feature if they can iron some of the kinks out.
Ultraman is really fun to use.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Breakdown wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:11 amYeah and I'm kind of underwhelmed tbh. You can only place one monster in the diorama, and the one it fights is completely random. They also showed off skins for Biogoji and Godzilla Earth but I don't see either in their unlocks.
Earth definitely has that crimson skin of his as an unlock, but don't see bio-goo Godzilla anywhere. I'm guessing it might either be some kind of event unlock, a future shop item, or something more specific has to be done to receive it outside of just leveling him in the studio. Some people recently discovered you unlock "set pieces" for individual monsters when they reach 30k fans.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:00 pmEarth definitely has that crimson skin of his as an unlock, but don't see bio-goo Godzilla anywhere.
The game mentions that there are up to 30 star ranks per monster, but right now only the first 20 are showing. Possible the skin is part of the hidden 10 remaining for Godzilla 1989.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Okay I have to bring this up again, but does anyone else feel Battra is a bit too OP?
ImageImage

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Breakdown wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:51 am Okay I have to bring this up again, but does anyone else feel Battra is a bit too OP?
Battra has been OP since November. They nerfed him a little bit in January, so he was even stronger for a few months, but he has been OP for over half a year now.

I'd argue he was in a tier by himself, an S tier, for quite awhile... until they made Fire Rodan an automatic evolve.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Arbok wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:20 pmuntil they made Fire Rodan an automatic evolve.
I've noticed they recently changed King Ghidorah/Mecha-King Ghidorah to evolve upon defeat, too. I don't like that, lol.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:23 pm I've noticed they recently changed King Ghidorah/Mecha-King Ghidorah to evolve upon defeat, too. I don't like that, lol.
At least according to the patch notes, it was to make it more in line with how it happens in the movie as opposed to being some super long evolution timer... Still, MKG is nowhere near as scary as he was when he was spewing gravity beams at like 1DPS or something, now he's just a slightly stronger KG. But yeah, the Battra meta is pretty much where it's at. Can't help but wonder if one of these days, some kind of unit will be introduced that removes active buffs in its vicinity.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I find that DesGhidorah can handle both KG and MKG, albiet he's going to be really hurt afterwards depending on the level. At the same level, DesGhidorah is statistically superior to KG is pretty much every way except that he can't evolve and his breath attack goes in a straight line rather than a fan. Also Ultraman is REALLY good. I know it's because he's auto-leveled to 8 for the season, but he can still put in work.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I'm not much of a mobile game guy anymore, so I wanna ask: is this game worth picking up and playing? A related question, is it free to play "friendly" (as friendly as these kinda games can be, anyways)?
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I need to check this out. I've heard mixed things but I've had a G mobile app on my phone forever and never opened it.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Renowned Godzilla artist Shinji Nishikawa has illustrated a new commemorative piece for the game, celebrating the winners of the last poll.

Truly the most powerful trio the franchise has ever seen.

He's been drawing all things Godzilla since '89 but in all those years says this might be the first time he's drawn the Giant Octopus. :lol:

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I absolutely love that. I cannot wait to make Oodako the star member of my team. :lol:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Nishikawa's art of the Giant Octopus brought a feeling of euphoria to me. Beautiful poster. He sticks out like a sore thumb and I love it.
/crawls back under rock

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Wow, Wave 78 throws four Adult Mothras at you simultaneously. Effffff that. :lol: :roll:

BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Post by BalSac Johnson »

Can we get Gamera? He’s part of the Toho group right? :g2k:
Last edited by BalSac Johnson on Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Excelsior
GPN Volunteer

Post by Excelsior »

Is there a site that maps out the levels of the pieces as they progress? I'm still sitting on my G material, unsure of who to use them on.

And I could not handle a licensed game that featured Godzilla, Ultraman AND Gamera.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

BalSac Johnson wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:57 am Can we get Gamera? He’s part of the Toho group right? :g2k:
Toho hasn't distributed a Gamera film since 1999. So while anything is possible it's not in the same situation we are seeing with Ultraman, where they produced+distributed Shin Ultraman, or Kong, where they were distributing Godzilla vs Kong in Japan.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

So apparently, Destroyah's final form spawns an Aggregate swarm upon death. Imagine my shock when I kill him right as he gets within range of my leader, only for him to disappear in a white cloud and an army of those little bastards come crawling out.
ImageImage