Final Wars in High Quality?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Gigan13Vids
Young Farmer

Final Wars in High Quality?

Post by Gigan13Vids »

What's up gamers, Gigan13Vids here breathing that golden dust of life (reference) in the form of quality posts (goose egg amount of cringe [zero/none]).

FIRST POST

Discussion of where to find quality versions of Final Wars in all its color edited glory. I own the old dvd and it's gotta be in like 480p. Internet archive has the movie and it's not much better. The youtube version looks somewhat nicer, still a lot of digital distortions but watchable. I'm assuming it was ripped from the blu-rays but I don't own one so maybe someone can talk about those. I've read that there are actually theater quality rips somewhere online that are based off the high quality TV releases, but I don't know where they would be. If some one has the deets on that secret stash, I'll buy it at a high price!

Shout out to Maritonic for hooking me up with the cool Gigan avatar. Bro move.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Re: Final Wars in High Quality?

Post by Chrispy_G »

Final Wars is only ever going to look so good because it was filmed basically in HD/2K with 2004 Era digital camera tech.

Back then...that means the image is going to look ROUGH almost no matter what.

Still, the best looking version of the film is always going to be on the physical blu ray disc of the film. No compressed stream or downloaded file is ever going to give the image the full potential of a dedicated blu ray disc.

Unfortunately, it is simply a film produced in a way where...even on the blu ray disc with the best transfer, even on a 4K disc with the most delicate upscale...it will always be limited by the resolution and dynamic range of how it was originally filmed.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."