Random Godzilla/Kaiju Fanart

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Random Godzilla/Kaiju Fanart

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:46 pm Over the past 2 days, I have been thinking about the idea of a rebooted SpaceGodzilla being the further mutation of Shin Godzilla. Luckily there's a butt-load of art to satisfy my needs.

I borderline despise the idea of Shin becoming SpaceGodzilla, but I still would love to see a Shin-SpaceGodzilla nonetheless.

Also, that third picture is my favorite by far. Space G looks so badass there. :Spacegodzilla:
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 pm I borderline despise the idea of Shin becoming SpaceGodzilla, but I still would love to see a Shin-SpaceGodzilla nonetheless.

Also, that third picture is my favorite by far. Space G looks so badass there. :Spacegodzilla:
Can you explain why it doesn't appeal to you? Why is it any different than Godzilla essentially becoming Titanosaurus and Varan in Singular Point? If I were to guess, it's because you consider Shin perfection and doing anything else with him will be unnecessary tampering.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:22 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:16 pm I borderline despise the idea of Shin becoming SpaceGodzilla, but I still would love to see a Shin-SpaceGodzilla nonetheless.

Can you explain why it doesn't appeal to you? Why is it any different than Godzilla essentially becoming Titanosaurus and Varan in Singular Point?
Because he doesn't become Titanosaurus or Varan. He mimics a similar appearance, an easter egg, but in the context of the show he is Godzilla and he's slowly turning into the classic silhouette we all know and love.

Revealing that Shin is actually SpaceGodzilla would mean Shin was never really Godzilla—which would be a gigantic slap in the face to essentially a modernized 1954 Godzilla. It would be bringing to life the one jab at Shin that I truly and genuinely hate:

"Shin is not Godzilla because he's ToO DIFfeReNT!"

A Shin SpaceGodzilla as a character on his own would be amazing, especially as an adversary for Shin Godzilla to fight. Even more especially if his film would be a character-driven film that could explore his and Godzilla's differing personas. But making Shin and Space G the same character would just kick the impact Shin Godzilla—as a film and as an incarnation of the character—had, right in the balls.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:35 pm
Revealing that Shin is actually SpaceGodzilla would mean Shin was never really Godzilla—which would be a gigantic slap in the face to essentially a modernized 1954 Godzilla. It would be bringing to life the one jab at Shin that I truly and genuinely hate:

A Shin SpaceGodzilla as a character on his own would be amazing, especially as an adversary for Shin Godzilla to fight. Even more especially if his film would be a character-driven film that could explore his and Godzilla's differing personas. But making Shin and Space G the same character would just kick the impact Shin Godzilla—as a film and as an incarnation of the character—had, right in the balls.
^G54 getting turned into Mechagodzilla back in 2002 didn’t take anything away from the original film didn’t it?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:08 pm

^G54 getting turned into Mechagodzilla back in 2002 didn’t take anything away from the original film, did it?
That was different. G54 had already died, and MechaGodzilla was simply built around his bones. His spirit still remained, and possessed the mech in a rare two moments. He was not alive. The original Godzilla was still dead (Ghost Godzilla is not a scrapped Kaiju, contrary to popular belief). He didn't really change into a new monster; a new mech was built around what remained of him (and even that was a retcon; going by the original film, his bones should've been destroyed). The original Godzilla was still the original Godzilla—something those who built Mecha G didn't realize.

MechaGodzilla and Godzilla (1954) may have been physically merged together, but they were two separate entities. One was just a mindless husk of metal, and the other was a spiritual consciousness that lay dormant within said husk, taking control once or twice. The same goes for MV MechaGodzilla.

Shin Godzilla physically transforming into SpaceGodzilla, on the other hand, would severely handicap the impact Shin Godzilla had as a film, in its revealing that all along the film was just a SpaceGodzilla origin story, and not a fresh, new yet unmistakably classic take on the King of the Monsters, and what life would really be like if he emerged in the modern world for the very first time.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^I personally apply the same logic to KG and Mecha KG.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Someone made a kid's drawing of Ultraman into a photorealistic painting and the results are pretty endearing, if not very weird.
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/37515993
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:46 pm Over the past 2 days, I have been thinking about the idea of a rebooted SpaceGodzilla being the further mutation of Shin Godzilla. Luckily there's a butt-load of art to satisfy my needs.

Shinji Nishikawa -

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I love that chibi Shin DAM picture.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:48 am I love that chibi Shin DAM picture.
Me too! Did you notice that it looks like Shin Manda's shedding his skin, just like a real snake does? You can see it behind his rear legs.
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:07 pm
JAGzilla wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:48 am I love that chibi Shin DAM picture.
Me too! Did you notice that it looks like Shin Manda's shedding his skin, just like a real snake does? You can see it behind his rear legs.
No, I'd missed that! It's a nice little detail.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

LegendZilla wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:22 pm

Can you explain why it doesn't appeal to you? Why is it any different than Godzilla essentially becoming Titanosaurus and Varan in Singular Point?
Because he doesn't become Titanosaurus or Varan. He mimics a similar appearance, an easter egg, but in the context of the show he is Godzilla and he's slowly turning into the classic silhouette we all know and love.

thats your opinion but it would make shin much cooler to me if that fan art idea where to happen tbh

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

A lot of these Shinifications rely too much on Shin Godzilla as a basis. Shin Ultraman redesigned the likes of Neronga, Gabora, Zarab, etc without making them look like mutated abominations. If you're going to make a Shin SpaceGodzilla, go for a more alien and otherworldly look.
Last edited by Breakdown on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Exactly Shin looks the way he does for a specific reason. It takes aspects that are already inherent to Godzilla and dials them up to eleven. The same would not apply to a Shin Rodan or Shin Mothra for example. For one Rodan is a 100% natural being. All the atomic testing did was allow air and water into the cavern allowing the eggs to hatch. Honestly Shin Rodan would probably look more like what we got in Singular Point.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:52 am Exactly Shin looks the way he does for a specific reason. It takes aspects that are already inherent to Godzilla and dials them up to eleven. The same would not apply to a Shin Rodan or Shin Mothra for example. For one Rodan is a 100% natural being. All the atomic testing did was allow air and water into the cavern allowing the eggs to hatch. Honestly Shin Rodan would probably look more like what we got in Singular Point.
Another thing I feel should be mentioned is that official Shin redesigns are often based on unused concept art from the character's debut. Godzilla has the head shape of the 1954 maquette, Ultraman is famously a near one-to-one copy of "Incarnation of Truth, Justice, and Beauty" by original designer Tohl Narita, and the 4D Ghidorah's body structure is similar to GtTHM concept art by Akira Watanabe. Combine that with the themes of the character (as quoted post says) and you have the perfect recipe for a Shin-style redesign.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

tbeasley wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:47 pm The cast of Shin Ultraman -
All of these are great, but Kaigel looks so dopey, I love it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

There's absolutely no way Shin Zetton is 60 meters tall. He's easily in excess of 100 meters at minimum.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns