Tournaments

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Re: Tournaments

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:40 am So is MM up next? Or am I free to go when Gmk’s is over?
I'm going to take a wild guess and say it depends on what he meant by postpone. If it's temporary, then probably he's next unless he states otherwise. If it's a permanent postponing, then probably yes.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

I call dibs on the tourny after the next two.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I call after Birdman. Creating a tournament sounds like fun.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

So it’s MM then Me (spots are interchangeable) then Moar, Then Greyshot. Looks like a nice lineup.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 pm I call after Birdman. Creating a tournament sounds like fun.
I do have to warn you, unless you have enough time on your hands, after a few rounds the tourney one would make would quickly go from fun to make, all the way to a chore and a source of stress. At least, from my experience.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:56 pm
Greyshot151 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 pm I call after Birdman. Creating a tournament sounds like fun.
I do have to warn you, unless you have enough time on your hands, after a few rounds the tourney one would make would quickly go from fun to make, all the way to a chore and a source of stress. At least, from my experience.
That’s why I’m going for a simplistic experience, and no overly complicated gimmicks.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:02 pm
Kaijuking101 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:56 pm
That’s why I’m going for a simplistic experience, and no overly complicated gimmicks.

Yup, that sounds a lot less stressful.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

An idea I've had for a future tournament would be to take a page from the tournaments hosted over at /rWhoWouldWin and use a tiersetter (a certain character) to act as a sort of measuring stick to prevent any one character being used to be too strong or unfair. Participants would pick four characters (some of whom may have certain stipulations put in place for fairness sake) that they'd use for the entirety of the tourney, rather than purchasing more as is usually the case here.

Example of what I'm talking about.

Example of what I mean by tiersetter, and here's a custom T. rex tiersetter I made myself.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 pm I call dibs on the tourny after the next two.
Are you still doing the army battles one? That sounds like it could be really interesting. Lots of variables to consider in the matches.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Breakdown wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:43 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:16 pm I call dibs on the tourny after the next two.
Are you still doing the army battles one? That sounds like it could be really interesting. Lots of variables to consider in the matches.
I am. Working on the finer details so everything is balanced and not too one-sided for some factions at the start.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:45 pm
Breakdown wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:43 pm
I am. Working on the finer details so everything is balanced and not too one-sided for some factions at the start.
Lemme know if you need input on stuff like Terminator, Halo, 40k, etc if you choose to add them.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

After talking with MM, I can inform you all my tourney will be coming next! In 2-4 weeks time, the Voyager Cup will commence. Prepare yourselves for Kaiju, Transformers, TIE Fighters, and other miscellaneous thingie-mabobbies! PvP, PvE, 1v1, 2v2, FFA, we’ve got it all!

I just gotta refine it all lol.
Last edited by Voyager on Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:53 am After talking with MM, I can inform you all my tourney will be coming next! In 2-4 weeks time, the Voyager Cup will commence. Prepare yourselves for Kaiju, Transformers, TIE Fighters, and other miscellaneous thingie-mabobbies! PvP, PvE, 1v1, 2v2, FFA, we’ve got it all!

Looking forward to it, good luck!

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:53 am After talking with MM, I can inform you all my tourney will be coming next! In 2-4 weeks time, the Voyager Cup will commence. Prepare yourselves for Kaiju, Transformers, TIE Fighters, and other miscellaneous thingie-mabobbies! PvP, PvE, 1v1, 2v2, FFA, we’ve got it all!

I'm looking forward to the Voyager Cup just as much as everyone else.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thank you for showing your interest! My tourney may not have flashy gimmicks, but who doesn’t enjoy a good old kaiju rumble?

Oh yeah, and uhh… some of these bosses will get pretty nuts.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:07 am Thank you for showing your interest! My tourney may not have flashy gimmicks, but who doesn’t enjoy a good old kaiju rumble?

For a sneak peak, may I ask what timezone you are operating in? Preferably stated in GMT. It'll help us all arrange our timeplans better, I guess.

Apart from that, I might just get shudders thinking about the level of bosses this tourney might get. The last few tourneys had Kamen Riders, and other sorts of fun, hard to beat BS.

For this tourney, since I recently got into the franchise, I might suggest a good Super Sentai might do the trick. Iirc, they're the Japanese counterparts (original versions, on fact) of Power Rangers, and iirc are probably a bit stronger because Japan. I'd suggest Gokaiger and Shinkenger, maybe. But don't mind me, ignore this bit, I'm just trying to sway your thoughts, so ignore it.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can’t wait to partake in this one!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Kaijuking101 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:41 am
Voyager wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:07 am Thank you for showing your interest! My tourney may not have flashy gimmicks, but who doesn’t enjoy a good old kaiju rumble?

For a sneak peak, may I ask what timezone you are operating in? Preferably stated in GMT. It'll help us all arrange our timeplans better, I guess.

Apart from that, I might just get shudders thinking about the level of bosses this tourney might get. The last few tourneys had Kamen Riders, and other sorts of fun, hard to beat BS.

For this tourney, since I recently got into the franchise, I might suggest a good Super Sentai might do the trick. Iirc, they're the Japanese counterparts (original versions, on fact) of Power Rangers, and iirc are probably a bit stronger because Japan. I'd suggest Gokaiger and Shinkenger, maybe. But don't mind me, ignore this bit, I'm just trying to sway your thoughts, so ignore it.
Someone throw the Kyurangers at someone. Fought an entire galactic army over several days, died and got absorbed by the final boss, then came back to life to kick his ass after he absorbed the entire universe.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I work in GMT +10, so most of the rounds and whatnot will start at GMT 4pm to 7pm.

Added in 9 minutes 43 seconds:
And for the bosses, I’m trying to be very diverse, while still being crazy in the higher tiers. God help anyone in Tier 5.
For Emperor and Empire!

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

I cannot wait to participate in the Voyager Cup.