What Godzilla movies do you own?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: What Godzilla movies do you own?

Post by Legion1979 »

Exactly. I mean....Amazon exists. That's where all mine came from.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 pm Exactly. I mean....Amazon exists. That's where all mine came from.
A lot of folks try to boycott Amazon these days for a number of different reasons, so that may not be an option for them.

Although I'm sure they're available elsewhere anyway.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Spuro wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:44 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:27 pm Exactly. I mean....Amazon exists. That's where all mine came from.
A lot of folks try to boycott Amazon these days for a number of different reasons, so that may not be an option for them.
Well that's on them. If they want to voluntarily make things harder on themselves they can go right ahead. But then they shouldn't complain that something is so hard to find otherwise.
Although I'm sure they're available elsewhere anyway.
They are. But Amazon is the easiest and one of the cheapest options.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I've been ordering all of my Ultra BRs/DVDs from either Best Buy or a favorite E-Bay store.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

All of them, although some of them are grey market:

- My copies of Son of Godzilla; Return of Godzilla; and Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla '74 were bought from a bootlegger in Liberdade, São Paulo (the city's version of Japantown);
- My copies of Shin Godzilla; Godzilla Final Wars; and Godzilla: Tokyo SOS were bought from a NJ-based seller and have extra discs with lots of knick-knacks on them.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, I finally got Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray SteelBook version)) today at last!

Two down, three to go!
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:53 pm Well, I just got Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray SteelBook version)) today at last!

Two down, three to go.
Funny! I happened to wear an Ultraseven t-shirt today!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Well, I finally got Ultra Q: The Complete Series (Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray SteelBook version)) on Friday at last! And as if that weren't good enough, I also got The Birth of Ultraman (Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)) and Secrets of the Rise of Ultraman (Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)) at the same time!

Five down and stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Own every Godzilla film legally available in the US. So the anime Trilogy is excluded.

Criterion Showa set, Kraken, Lionsgate, and Sony for Heisei and Millennium, Funimation Shin Godzilla, WB Monstervse.

Would love a chance to Own the Hanna Babera, Zone Fighter eps, anime series and etc just to be fully complete. Heck if they dropped some stitched together package of all of that Godzilla vs Wolfman footage I would shell out for it. Godzilla is the one IP where I just can't fight the itch to want to be a completist for the cinematic content.

It isn't like Batman or other properties where I am glad to skip out some of the stuff that I just find uninteresting or of a lesser quality.

Own every Gamera film, but out of practicality I just can't expand my Kaiju collecting beyond that. Heck even owning all of the Gamera and Godzilla stuff feels a bit to excessive sometimes....I can't imagine trying to take on Ultraman or "every King Kong movie" and all of the other various noteworthy Kaiju films over the years.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I still need to grab the Ultra Q/Man/Seven blus, and then I'll be satisfied with the Showa Ultra shows available on bluray. Don't really want to buy any more DVDs so I'm probably skipping 80. Otherwise, Ultra isn't that bad to dip into for home media presently.
Besides that, I'd really like SP to be available on home media. Not too hurt by the lack of the Godzilla Earth trilogy missing from my collection.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I own everything up to Shin. For some reason I just haven't gotten around to getting Shin, GKOTM, and GvK on dvd yet. I've been saying I'm going to get a BR player for like two years now, but, man, I feel like it's going to be expensive to upgrade the entire series to BR.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:22 am I've been saying I'm going to get a BR player for like two years now, but, man, I feel like it's going to be expensive to upgrade the entire series to BR.
I've been feeling the same way about 4KUHD. Not only would I have to worry about the player, but also the discs AND a new TV to handle that quality.
I'm working with a 12 year old Sharp :lol:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:11 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:22 am I've been saying I'm going to get a BR player for like two years now, but, man, I feel like it's going to be expensive to upgrade the entire series to BR.
I've been feeling the same way about 4KUHD. Not only would I have to worry about the player, but also the discs AND a new TV to handle that quality.
Until there are 10+ titles that I think are worth an upgrade, I'm staying with blu-ray and skipping 4K for cost reasons. I can only think of four or five titles that I'd consider upgrading to 4K, but I've already watched them so many times on earlier formats that I'm just about sick of them already.

For the record, my best TV / blu-ray player are both eight years old.
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:11 pm
It’s almost if I would be getting a blu ray solely for Godzilla films, too. Although I’m sure I would eventually go wild and get all my favorite movies.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Man, you guys are killing me. I know I know, “to each their own” and all that. Inflection doesn’t always come across in type, so to be clear I mean this very lightheartedly because it’s obviously not really a big deal.

But I have a hard time understanding people who are clearly big movie fans (I mean, we’re all members here on a movie franchise message board after all) but aren’t also huge A/V geeks. Like, how can you love watching movies but not care about having the best audio and picture you can manage?

I’ll admit I waited much longer than I wanted to start delving into the 4K format, but that’s because I was waiting until I was settled in my long term home and could build an actual home theater (which will be finished this weekend!! Will post more about it when it’s done but I AM EXCITE!!!)

So I guess I can get waiting for specific reasons, but I just can’t wrap my brain around the idea of just hanging out with DVD indefinitely, knowing there are vastly superior picture and sound experiences available.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:14 pm But I have a hard time understanding people who are clearly big movie fans (I mean, we’re all members here on a movie franchise message board after all) but aren’t also huge A/V geeks. Like, how can you love watching movies but not care about having the best audio and picture you can manage?
Because maybe we just like the stories, the effects, characters, etc etc? We’re too focused on what we’re actually viewing to care.

Anyways, I got all the films except the Polygon Trilogy.
For Emperor and Empire!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:14 pm I have a hard time understanding people who are clearly big movie fans (I mean, we’re all members here on a movie franchise message board after all) but aren’t also huge A/V geeks. Like, how can you love watching movies but not care about having the best audio and picture you can manage?....I guess I can get waiting for specific reasons, but I just can’t wrap my brain around the idea of just hanging out with DVD indefinitely, knowing there are vastly superior picture and sound experiences available.
I'm a big movie fan AND a huge A/V geek, but for me, I'm not upgrading for one specific reason - my limited home theater budget. I can appreciate the difference 4K will make in watching certain movies, but the money isn't in the budget at this time.
Last edited by G1985 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Yeah rent and utilities come well before home theater equipment, even with how out of whack my priorities are.
Can't really watch many movies without a roof, a couple walls and electricity! :lol:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just got my Blu-rays of Gorgo and Gappa the Triphibian Monster today! Huzzah!

Now I've got all the available Blu-rays of kaiju films! (The rest of my collection are on DVDs that are either still in print in one form or another or are OOP; either way, they're not on Blu-ray...yet.)

UPDATE: I just remembered that Yongary, Monster from the Deep and Konga (which I've got on their Midnite Movies Double Feature single-disc release on DVD) are (or were, I don't know which) available on Blu-ray from Kino Lorber. I think I have a way to get them for my birthday in August, though.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just looked at my list on pg. 13 and saw I've only got five left to go:

*Reptilicus,
*Super Inframan,
*Ringu Collection,
*One Missed Call Trilogy,
*Speed Racer: The Complete Series.

I would've added Yokai Monsters Collection to the list, but it doesn't have The Great Yokai War: Guardians in it - and it should've been, imo. Maybe if Arrow Video and Kadokawa re-released it with that film included in it, I'd consider it.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.