How would you continue Gamera: The Brave?

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Masterofsome01
Samurai

How would you continue Gamera: The Brave?

Post by Masterofsome01 »

A bit of an Idea Thread I came up with, what if Gamera: The Brave did well enough to elicit a sequel or two is what exactly would you want them to do for them? Would you want Toru to be a recurring character or should they introduce new characters instead? Gain a darker tone like the 90s films?
Obviously they would have to have Gamera fight another monster again, but that raises questions on how, would the be mutations like Zedus, ancient sealed away beasts now free in the modern era or aliens which even that itself brings up whether they're attacking of their own volition or pawns in an invasion scheme? Would they be old foes given new designs or entirely new Kaiju?
Perhaps maybe do you think the film wouldn't have been as good if there was a follow-up?
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: How would you continue Gamera: The Brave?

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Hmmm I don't even know about the origin of the other monster. I'm torn on if I want a now teenage Toto and teenage kid reuniting or a new human lead? You can argue his story is done but then again life isn't really done, well until one is dead.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Return the now adult kid leads, married and starting a family of their own when Toto returns just as a new threat looms. I'm thinking Gyaos, but going back to his roots as one solitary huge creature, because he's been a flock in every iteration since the 90s. Also Guiron.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'd frankly leave this film's continuity in the dust bin of history. Gamera, er Toto's design ruins it for me.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Vakanai wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:26 pm Return the now adult kid leads, married and starting a family of their own when Toto returns just as a new threat looms.
Yeah, this one, essentially.
LegendZilla wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:25 am I'd frankly leave this film's continuity in the dust bin of history. Gamera, er Toto's design ruins it for me.
Toto would probably be older in a proposed sequel, and thus have a different design. Besides, it's not as if the Heisei Gamera didn't change designs every film.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Have the Wyvern and Garasharp challenge a more grown up Toto.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Toto/Gamera in a trilogy would be sweet. By the end he's old and rickety but clinging to life because of the promise he made with Toru back in the day, but he has to be ready to let go and pass the mantle on to the next turtle since he's becoming less effective as Earth's guardian.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:56 am Toto/Gamera in a trilogy would be sweet. By the end he's old and rickety but clinging to life because of the promise he made with Toru back in the day, but he has to be ready to let go and pass the mantle on to the next turtle since he's becoming less effective as Earth's guardian.
Give me this!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

shadowgigan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:42 am
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 10:56 am Toto/Gamera in a trilogy would be sweet. By the end he's old and rickety but clinging to life because of the promise he made with Toru back in the day, but he has to be ready to let go and pass the mantle on to the next turtle since he's becoming less effective as Earth's guardian.
Give me this!
Alright, I'll just have to scare up a couple dozen million dollars. Brb gotta start an OnlyFans
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:23 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:42 am
Give me this!
Alright, I'll just have to scare up a couple dozen million dollars. Brb gotta start an OnlyFans
Fire up the feet picks!