Possible Godzilla game/collab announcement incoming? (LOL no)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Moth
G-Grasper

Possible Godzilla game/collab announcement incoming? (LOL no)

Post by Moth »

Something has been posted to LimitedRunGames, Wayforward and the devs of Dawn of the Monsters' Twitter accounts. All share the date of 11/03, which, as we all know. Is the birthday of a certain someone
Could we be seeing a new Godzilla console game? Or Godzilla coming to Dawn of the Monsters?
https://twitter.com/WayForward/status/1 ... 71299?s=20
https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/sta ... 38729?s=21
https://twitter.com/13amgames/status/14 ... 33826?s=20

Ignore all of this, it's a nothing burger that used Godzilla footprints to tease a game announcement.
Last edited by Moth on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: Possible Godzilla game/collab announcement incoming?

Post by LegendZilla »

What is Dawn of The Monsters?

HannaKlark67
Young Farmer

Re: Possible Godzilla game/collab announcement incoming? (LOL no)

Post by HannaKlark67 »

I don't know what you are talking about. Even if such a game appears on the market, I doubt it will be popular among gamers. I watched the movie, and I can't tell it was a good movie. Talking about computer games, my favorite game is Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I have played it for more than three years, and I can't stop playing it.

fl00fmuffin
Ronin

Post by fl00fmuffin »

HannaKlark67 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:53 pm I don't know what you are talking about. Even if such a game appears on the market, I doubt it will be popular among gamers. I watched the movie, and I can't tell it was a good movie. Talking about computer games, my favorite game is Counter-Strike Global Offensive. I have played it for more than three years, and I can't stop playing it.
There's certainly a market for it, possibly more so than when Save the Earth and GU came out. And if I recall, Godzilla games have historically been higher priced than their contemporaries. GU was still selling for around $70 years after its release, and these were sequels, not different studios trying and failing at the same thing. Toho's licensing fees are what they are, in part because there are fans, and those fans are willing to pay. It's also not like past Godzilla games were anything close "high budget". They could cash in releasing something new and (hopefully) fun if they wanted to.

Surely no one expects a Godzilla game, or any kaiju game to be as popular as Counter Strike. This is actually a good thing as most people who pay for one are more interested in fan service than something with broad appeal. It's unlikely to see the subscription based DLC that plagues modern Triple-A titles, and probably no multiplayer whatsoever. A high enough entry price could justify a new Godzilla game's existence.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

You’re talking to a bot, fyi.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fl00fmuffin
Ronin

Post by fl00fmuffin »

Lmao.

Given that the post was approved, I assumed it was just a 12 year old.